Well, i hate gambling, i know my luck is one of the worst kind. i hate depending solely on luck.
Hammerjaw wont be my pet. It will be like owning a Lambhorgini, only instead of going, wow how rich the owner is, i get to think: What a lucky fellow!
I won't complain as much if that arcane pets is available for, say 500 plats instead of "depends on ur luck", let the dice roll.
STS is turning to gambling revenue.

Instead of focusing on finding ways to get players to gamble away their plats to earn more revenue, why not focus on improving the game and gameplay, make us feel we have received so much entertainment from this game so that we willingly pay for the plats. Or that plats improve your play experience. This is what happened to me when I play PL.
I will gladly spend my plats on priority server connection, maybe? Got more lags now in AL too.
Exclusivity could have come in the forms of contests.

I'm still very annoyed that the UI of in-game plats spending gets no confirmation button. And that those pesky little button to whittle away ur plats uselessly are in every nook and crook of the screen, making u buy things u dont want to buy by accident.
And how when in dungeon, people in your party that happen to be next to ur skills, will cause you view their avatar. It should have been disabled. Access the party avatar from the top left only. Why have both??? Bad UI.