Yes, this is endgame.
    It's time for me to level

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah View Post
    It's time for me to level
    Bahahah, a majority of the endgamers abhor rushing. When they accidentally kill, a lot of them are like, "OMG! I'm so sorry, take a free."

Then again, I was on my bear Zeus, which (not trying to be boastful) has a reputation. I'd say he doesn't, but in my opinion, when people are modest when trying to prove something, modesty and persuasiveness tend to contradict each other.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Bahahah, a majority of the endgamers abhor rushing. When they accidentally kill, a lot of them are like, "OMG! I'm so sorry, take a free."

Then again, I was on my bear Zeus, which (not trying to be boastful) has a reputation. I'd say he doesn't, but in my opinion, when people are modest when trying to prove something, modesty and persuasiveness tend to contradict each other.
    I'm pretty sure having the name Zeus automatically gives you a reputation...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

I'm pretty sure it's your respect, I'm an intbird and majority don't know about me or they hate me so I get rushed . and you are probably one of the most respected people in these forums
    When there is too much

Don't forget

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixking View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's your respect, I'm an intbird and majority don't know about me or they hate me so I get rushed . and you are probably one of the most respected people in these forums
    Meh, I'm not even that good anymore since I don't have my iPad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

I don't take frees.
    Doodlebeast, Onyxbleak, Magnabeam, Vacuole
    I bes ping

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brickgame View Post
    I feel for those advocating true PvP, you will never be able to change this culture, not like this. This game is bound to be run by casual gamers who have little to no experience in MMORPG's. You are in the wrong game. Just jump the ship and look for a better game. Guildwars 2 for instance, your mentality is welcome in that game. We show no mercy in killing other players behind their backs, teaming them when they're outnumbered, backstabbing lone wanderers while in stealth, using portals and teleport behind enemy lines and smash them helpless, even sniping players twice their range distance, casting a barrage of AOE's from unreachable spots and making noobies pay for their lack of skill and terrain familiarity...we do everything to win, and our respect is only given/gained to/from our allies who fight alongside us...if you're not with us, you're against us, and you will die regardless if you're unprepared. Our reputation as a cold blooded pain train gives a chilling effect to our enemies, that's the only reputation we care about because we have lives outside of games and we don't care about our enemies disliking us as that is part of competitive PvP. No love in war, no fair in war. Likewise, you can expect your enemies to give you the same treatment, so be alert, be mindful of your surroundings, and don't get killed. Thousands of players in unison thinking of ways to find leverage and expose enemy weakness, get their blindspots and hit them where it hurts most.

Is that the kind of PvP you're looking for? Cunning, ruthless, blood lusted, just plain awesome killing, tactics, strategy, ambush, ganking, teaming, in other words, "exciting"? True player versus player. If the answer is yes, then you are in the wrong game my friend. You are not a casual gamer, not anymore, you've graduated from it, you've become thirsty, and slowly learning the ways of the hardcore...come to PC MMO, join us in Guildwars 2 You're too much for this carebear game to handle.
    Vampinoy, is that you? (:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Vampinoy, is that you? (:
    you still have confusion, who else, can be?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

And yes, sts have to face solid criticism in form of vampinoy(s).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

I feel for those advocating true PvP, you will never be able to change this culture, not like this. This game is bound to be run by casual gamers who have little to no experience in MMORPG's. You are in the wrong game. Just jump the ship and look for a better game. Guildwars 2 for instance, your mentality is welcome in that game. We show no mercy in killing other players behind their backs, teaming them when they're outnumbered, backstabbing lone wanderers while in stealth, using portals and teleport behind enemy lines and smash them helpless, even sniping players twice their range distance, casting a barrage of AOE's from unreachable spots and making noobies pay for their lack of skill and terrain familiarity...we do everything to win, and our respect is only given/gained to/from our allies who fight alongside us...if you're not with us, you're against us, and you will die regardless if you're unprepared. Our reputation as a cold blooded pain train gives a chilling effect to our enemies, that's the only reputation we care about because we have lives outside of games and we don't care about our enemies disliking us as that is part of competitive PvP. No love in war, no fair in war. Likewise, you can expect your enemies to give you the same treatment, so be alert, be mindful of your surroundings, and don't get killed. Thousands of players in unison thinking of ways to find leverage and expose enemy weakness, get their blindspots and hit them where it hurts most.

Is that the kind of PvP you're looking for? Cunning, ruthless, blood lusted, just plain awesome killing, tactics, strategy, ambush, ganking, teaming, in other words, "exciting"? True player versus player. If the answer is yes, then you are in the wrong game my friend. You are not a casual gamer, not anymore, you've graduated from it, you've become thirsty, and slowly learning the ways of the hardcore...come to PC MMO, join us in Guildwars 2 You're too much for this carebear game to handle.
    What I don't get is how many people don't see the beauty of PL uniqueness. Stuff like "go" in pvp is part of what separates us as a community. Now, separation itself doesn't mean it's a good thing. I'm just saying that I, as well as many others apparently, happen to really appreciate the "Go" system. And this system DOES include FFA. I also like PL pvp because we can actually talk occasionally.

When I get on Guild Wars, I don't have this mentality. Because, as you say, Guild Wars is much more a true Mmo. But let's not forget that talking and chilling exists in pve in that game and the pve is actually fun. Crazy right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

What I don't get is how many people don't see the beauty of PL uniqueness. Stuff like "go" in pvp is part of what separates us as a community. Now, separation itself doesn't mean it's a good thing. I'm just saying that I, as well as many others apparently, happen to really appreciate the "Go" system. And this system DOES include FFA. I also like PL pvp because we can actually talk occasionally.

When I get on Guild Wars, I don't have this mentality. Because, as you say, Guild Wars is much more a true Mmo. But let's not forget that talking and chilling exists in pve in that game and the pve is actually fun. Crazy right?
    True. Pl is unique in that its a casual gamers game, but lets not forget that pvp in pl wasn't always on the "go" system and it has always been a casual game. The only thing that changed was a few prominent pvpers who cared a lot for their kdr and control, and taught this system to newbs and bum kissers who didn't know better. They really manipulated those newbs who played FFA into thinking they were "disrespectful" "wrong" etc... Come on... Enough with it.

- during the lights out Super Bowl break
    Last edited by Janesaddiction; 02-03-2013 at 09:09 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

The point is that since "go" games are not supported by the programming they are the ones who need to take precautions to make sure their game can be played rush free IE password protecting games with a universal password "go"
    AvidLegend - lvl 76 True Legend, Scavengerhunt- lvl 76 Elite Rhino, AvidTank - lvl 76 SpankTank
    *​I'm an Avid Player of Pocket Legends*

14. The Following User Says Thank You to AvidLegend For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Janesaddiction View Post
    True. Pl is unique in that its a casual gamers game, but lets not forget that pvp in pl wasn't always on the "go" system and it has always been a casual game. The only thing that changed was a few prominent pvpers who cared a lot for their kdr and control, and taught this system to newbs and bum kissers who didn't know better. They really manipulated those newbs who played FFA into thinking they were "disrespectful" "wrong" etc... Come on... Enough with it.

- during the lights out Super Bowl break
    Well you've been misinformed.

Since when did 1v1 Improve kdr? I mean really? Everytime I do FFA, my kdr gets better. 1v1 was "invented" because people wanted to duel just one other person to see who's better.

Everyone always says stuff like "Go play halo and there's no 1v1." Well go play any other rpg, (not fps) and, nine times out of ten, there's a method for dueling just one other person.

PL community did NOT just randomly invent this idea. This idea has been around since as long as any mmorpg has. Every single mmorpg I know of has normal pvp and a method of dueling 1v1. That is exactly what PL should be like. 24/7 FFA is too much. 24/7 1v1 is also too much. We need to find that balance again. Not decide to rush everyone in sight...

Rant over

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Well you've been misinformed.

Since when did 1v1 Improve kdr? I mean really? Everytime I do FFA, my kdr gets better. 1v1 was "invented" because people wanted to duel just one other person to see who's better.

Everyone always says stuff like "Go play halo and there's no 1v1." Well go play any other rpg, (not fps) and, nine times out of ten, there's a method for dueling just one other person.

PL community did NOT just randomly invent this idea. This idea has been around since as long as any mmorpg has. Every single mmorpg I know of has normal pvp and a method of dueling 1v1. That is exactly what PL should be like. 24/7 FFA is too much. 24/7 1v1 is also too much. We need to find that balance again. Not decide to rush everyone in sight...

Rant over
    KDR is easier to improve if you have genuine skill at PVP. You are like me where you can improve your KDR in FFA because your are more strategy than macro. That is what they are referring to.
    AvidLegend - lvl 76 True Legend, Scavengerhunt- lvl 76 Elite Rhino, AvidTank - lvl 76 SpankTank

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AvidLegend View Post
    KDR is easier to improve if you have genuine skill at PVP. You are like me where you can improve your KDR in FFA because your are more strategy than macro. That is what they are referring to.
    Well in that case, their logic still breaks down. All they're saying is that the game can be exploited for a better kdr. Great. FFA or 1v1 or Rushing doesn't change anything. You know what I'm saying?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Well in that case, their logic still breaks down. All they're saying is that the game can be exploited for a better kdr. Great. FFA or 1v1 or Rushing doesn't change anything. You know what I'm saying?
    Well when going 1v1 you can avoid deaths from lack of buffs from previous kill/fight and you can also avoid getting 1hit from a toon outside you camera view because its just you and one person infront of you, understand what I'm saying? It's a major advantage for KDR snobs.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to AvidLegend For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts

All these arguments are pointless. People will always have double standads.

I am 100% positive that if i change my name and rush Azefekie, his reponse will be "Wtf" or "Wtf noob"

Second phase: Other players will become mere bystanders and Azefekie's friends or a friend will proceed to team me, following by unpleasant remarks.

If same situation happened but it were Dolloway instead of me. Those friends would say "wtf Dollo", "wow man".

It's all about personalities and character.

You can't "bring ffa back to life", wherever there is ffa, well there it is.

There are a lot of sides to this subject. And all of them are pointless.

C'mon guys, enough of these ffa/rushing/1v1 threads.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blind For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blind View Post

I am 100% positive that if i change my name and rush Azefekie, his reponse will be "Wtf" or "Wtf noob"

Second phase: Other players will become mere bystanders and Azefekie's friends or a friend will proceed to team me, following by unpleasant remarks.

If same situation happened but it were Dolloway instead of me. Those friends would say "wtf Dollo", "wow man".

Give the man a klondike bar.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    235 Posts

Here are two videos that basically summarizes how PvP goes in a top MMO like Guildwars 2, and most other PC MMO's today, but If I'd to post everything here just to show how Pocket Legends PVP culture suck, it would be an overkill, these two videos would pretty much show how boring PL's PVP is:

1. Structured PvP. Similar to Pocket Legends' mechanic. Only 16 people can enter a room (8v8). Notice, people don't sit around and wait. People don't cry because they got ganked. I've been playing this game since Beta, and this is how every PvP game looks like. Rushing? What's that?

2. World vs World a.k.a RvR (realm vs realm) which is already becoming the trend in MMO's today. In this video, you will see how 4 people taking down a huge group of players using skill and terrain familiarity. People here QQ about being 3v1? Try 4v30 LOL.

You're missing out my friends, I'll say it again, you're too much for this carebear game to handle, they will find ways to justify their boring, obsolete, and stale PvP system...there's no point in arguing, just come over to PC, consider this awesome game, we'll welcome your enthusiasm with open arms.
    I bought this from seeing Dudetus post a vid of it. I'm not unhappy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blind View Post

exactly, peoples just uses/utilize these terms for their own advantage.