Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Should we all move to AL?

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Notyocookiez View Post
    For those complaing about charging and no rotatations, of course you won't like it at first because your so used to PL. the way the camera moves in AL is fine, you aren't missing out on anything. And the charge attack you will just have to get used too..
    Eh, honestly cookie, I think people try to make up excuses in order to stay in PL and to prevent people from moving to AL. (I may be wrong of course, but this would only be natural behavior).

People will intentionally point out the negatives of AL in order to make PL look better... but eh, ya know...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

For those complaing about charging and no rotatations, of course you won't like it at first because your so used to PL. the way the camera moves in AL is fine, you aren't missing out on anything. And the charge attack you will just have to get used too..
    No reason to get used to a pebble in my shoe, I remove it.
    Not being able to rotate means I can't allways click on, or even see some things on screen. It limits my ability, and impares judgment somewhat. Just trying to click on a npc is rediculous, I must sit there and wait for fools to not be standing on what I want to interact with. I still have probs w/ Ihe way auto attack being non consistant.
    I capped there, I didn't just form a hasty opinion.
    If you have fun there cool, enjoy. I'm sticking to what I enjoy more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    Eh, honestly cookie, I think people try to make up excuses in order to stay in PL and to prevent people from moving to AL. (I may be wrong of course, but this would only be natural behavior).

People will intentionally point out the negatives of AL in order to make PL look better... but eh, ya know...
    I have no vested interest in what others do, nor do I intend to tell them how to think. I'm just offering my opinion. It's all sts anyhow, I'm not telling you to play guild wars lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

Default Should we all move to AL?

You can talk to the npc by using the auto attack button when you are close by it.

But like I said, it just takes getting used too. I thought the exact same way you did before, but I actually tried it out longer now and understand more, now it's fun!

PL is still a really awesome game, and so is AL, so why not enjoy both? xD
    Playing one game alone kinda gets repetitive IMO
    Bored? Check out my How to Catch Series(Click one):

Brave Bear, Sneakie Birdie, Majestic Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

There's no reason anyone can't play both games. If you're bored with PL, go play something else. Maybe you'll like it and maybe you won't. People may be going from PL to AL right now, but a lot of it is temporary. Once the next PL campaign comes, a lot of those people will come back. The same thing has happened in the past with all the other newer STS games. Back when SL was new, there were these exact same threads saying "should I switch to SL?" Ditto with DL.
    PL: Seucheky
    SL: McBain
    DL: ArethaFanglin
    AL: McBain, Seucheky

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

You can talk to the npc by using the auto attack button when you are close by it.

But like I said, it just takes getting used too. I thought the exact same way you did before, but I actually tried it out longer now and understand more, now it's fun!

PL is still a really awesome game, and so is AL, so why not enjoy both? xD
    Playing one game alone kinda gets repetitive IMO
    Thx for the npc tip! I still stick by what I said, life's too short to get used to anything you don't enjoy.
    I say all this hoping one day, I will be able to "turn my neck " there, because the devs took our suggestion. I don't think anyone would be annoyed at the option to do that, however the lack of an option is a deterrent to me and others, so devs might want to know.
    I'll play both a lil, prolly but in my opinion all al has over pl is graphics atm. Oh and pvp maybe
    Last edited by Suentous PO; 02-14-2013 at 05:57 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Suentous PO View Post
    I have no vested interest in what others do, nor do I intend to tell them how to think. I'm just offering my opinion. It's all sts anyhow, I'm not telling you to play guild wars lol
    I know what you mean... but by trying to reassure others to play, then you're trying to reassure yourself... basically a form of denial.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

I know what you mean... but by trying to reassure others to play, then you're trying to reassure yourself... basically a form of denial.
    I'm a lil confused by this^^
    I'm not trying to get anyone to play anything, nor would I need to reassure myself of what is my opinion. I don't see what I could be denying unless your telling me I'm lying to myself, which you can't know.
    Again my only intent is that devs can gather info on players opinions and make thir own decissions, which they will, or have.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

I'm a lil confused by this^^
    I'm not trying to get anyone to play anything, nor would I need to reassure myself of what is my opinion. I don't see what I could be denying unless your telling me I'm lying to myself, which you can't know.
    Again my only intent is that devs can gather info on players opinions and make thir own decissions, which they will, or have.
    Yes, and I never said that was your intent, I'm simply saying that the situation for many others.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Yes, and I never said that was your intent, I'm simply saying that the situation for many others.
    I thought majority's intent was to show their opinion on a game, those who argue obsessively about it are wut you said earlier
    When there is too much

Don't forget

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Ah, I misunderstood having been quoted. Sorry, gotcha now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Reasons I can't get into al:
    Can't rotate camera
    I'll give you that. You do get used to it, but no one would grieve if they unveiled that feature tomorrow. In Elite Tower, Mardron sometimes moves to the lower left or behind a huge pillar and I can't see my character. In PL, you just rotate; in AL you're stuck. Drops can also end up there and your pet sometimes won't pick them up. I've prob lost a few pinks that way.

I don't want to "charge", it's a button, your suppose to be able to just press it.
    I like charge. There's more strategy; you can stack crit tapping Aim Shot, or charge up Time Shift for the additional benefits. Going back to PL it feels like I'm playing wack-a-mole with my spells just trying to hit em all.

I like pl auto attack.
    Would be nice, but again it's strategy as your primary attack can be charged, too. There's also no auto-aim. A stray shot can accidentally attract a crowd of elite archers so you have to point yourself correctly. Again, more strategy but the game then becomes less mobile friendly since it's not as easy to see on a 4-inch screen.

Joining games/friends could be easier.
    No argument. PUG's pretty much suck and lock ppl out once the timer starts. If 1 guy disconnects, nobody can easily take his place so ppl drop off quickly after that. I like PL's system much better. It allows for more ad-hoc enjoyment of the game. In AL you're forced to party with friends/guildies in order to join them in runs. It makes making friends hard IMO.

A couple other pro/cons:
    • Pro: Only 4 skills active at a time. This forces you to think hard and experiment with builds to find the best one for your current task (ie, XP, farming, elite runs, etc.).
    • Pro: Pet system. More ways to tune your character for support/damage/AOE
    • Pro: Passive skills. Yet another dimension to the game that allows for more tuning.
    • Pro: Chests. You can open them for a chance at a Legendary or sell them if you'd rather take the sure thing.
    • Con: Extra slots cost a fortune. Auction/stash/inventory, all of them cost way more than their PL counterparts.
    • Con: Some stats aren't listed, like h/s, m/s, weapon DPS.
    • Con: Weapons are meh. Too many of them; they can't be used across character classes; some armors have the same name but different stats which is confusing. New elite weapons have same stats as older elite weapons: redundant (yeah I know different procs).
    • Con: Mobile unfriendly. STS's whole schtick was mobile gaming. This thing does not run well on my Android, while PL runs quite smoothly. It's pretty much Chrome-only for me.

Honestly, I'm glad PL has cooled off a little. I don't have time for both AL and PL so it let's me put off the decision which one I'm gonna drop.

tldr; AL is more complex and has a richer gaming environment but is overall less mobile friendly and harder to play when you're just waiting in line at the grocery.
    Last edited by Libria; 02-15-2013 at 12:40 AM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Libria For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Good points Libria, and we are simply stating preference, each of us. In pl the style of play I prefer is pure dex high damage, high risk from low armor. Knowing what is likely to happen means being able to (seemingly) spam skills, but know how to use them to set up large situations(combos/megas), is the difference in strategy I see in the one tap-one-effect in PL.
    Agreed (I think) more skills is more interesting, pets are cool, item names/stats are confusing in some cases, yah.
    I'll try and withhold my opinion a bit, being that it's still very new compared to pl.
    Last edited by Suentous PO; 02-15-2013 at 01:13 AM.