Thread: Advise me on enchantress

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Advise me on enchantress

Hello everybody,

I've searched the forums and google to find the best build for enchantress but just can't seem find one that is best for me.
    I see 3 builds

str/dex
    str/int
    dex/int

Can somebody advise which build will be best for pve? I'm lvl20 now and all stats have been put to int till now. I have not much idea of items/sets etc so please use layman terms!
    Thanks in advance!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

The mage is designed to be full INT, you cannot be the nuke of the party though.

If you find yourself alone in most games then go STR/INT so you don't die so much.

If you want to lay alot of damage down but not be as strong the go Dex/INT

IMO INT is the best.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Griffinfan View Post
    The mage is designed to be full INT, you cannot be the nuke of the party though.

If you find yourself alone in most games then go STR/INT so you don't die so much.

If you want to lay alot of damage down but not be as strong the go Dex/INT

IMO INT is the best.
    i understand str/int is called a pally, i wear warrior armour so my def is higher and can tank better plus i have spells to deal dmg.what weapon will i use in this case?

and what much is the difference between dex/int and str/int?

according to most dmg output (correct me if i'm wrong): pure int is highest followed by dex/int then str/int?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Contrary to classic Paladin class, I recommend you use a Wand and Shield/Bracer. This gives you the advantage of ranged attacks so you can peel off smaller (or even solo) mobs.

Actually, DEX/INT is higher damage when you factor in bow attacks and Crit chance. Pure INT gives you the highest NUKE damage (burst damage via Fireball/Lightning/Drain), but DPS still favors the Dexchantress class. STR/INT is more of a survivability build, good at most things but not great at any single thing. My preferred build is a Pally, simply because I solo A LOT and run in a lot of PUGs, so you never know what you're going to get.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    Contrary to classic Paladin class, I recommend you use a Wand and Shield/Bracer. This gives you the advantage of ranged attacks so you can peel off smaller (or even solo) mobs.

Actually, DEX/INT is higher damage when you factor in bow attacks and Crit chance. Pure INT gives you the highest NUKE damage (burst damage via Fireball/Lightning/Drain), but DPS still favors the Dexchantress class. STR/INT is more of a survivability build, good at most things but not great at any single thing. My preferred build is a Pally, simply because I solo A LOT and run in a lot of PUGs, so you never know what you're going to get.
    oh sorry for my noobness. dex/str means i will be using bows to deal physical dmg and spell dmg at the same time?

and str/int i will be going near mobs to chop them with swords etc and casting spells at the same time?

i suppose dex/int has higher dmg then str/int but lower armour? which weapon would you reccomend using? wand and shield/bracer or bow?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

Well I was dex/int for a while if you're good at not dying, and spamming health pots and heal, go dexchant with a staff for the dmg. Wand for armor, but pure is my favorite with all that hella crazy drain you can get from it. Nuking is still best with a pure mage with staff. The comments before me covered the reasons.

If you know who the character is, this is his final Form!

Love it thanks MothWing!
    PL: Saool L76 Mage [Proud Officer of A.R.G.] Siejo's Secretary
    DL: Saool [Eternally Undead Officer of C.V.G.]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by saool View Post
    Well I was dex/int for a while if you're good at not dying, and spamming health pots and heal, go dexchant with a staff for the dmg. Wand for armor, but pure is my favorite with all that hella crazy drain you can get from it. Nuking is still best with a pure mage with staff. The comments before me covered the reasons.
    so dex/int and pure int deals the most dmg but is quite squishy right?

i prefer to solo so your advice would be to be str/int which is a pally right? how much str should i have? and what choice of weapons? armour is probably warrior armour right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    481 Posts

Dex/int owns
    Judgementals, Retired Officer of Rated M.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i doubt i will be a pure mage as pure mages seem to be quite squishy. i'm pure int now and i die pretty easily.

anybody can recommend me what should i become? str/int or dex/int? thanks!