I suck and have no life
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    Royce is like the Chuck Norris of PL...
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...=Selling+pinks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well I just figured out that if, as a paladin, i were to use 3 lvl 50 thoth str items and a rift sword, i would end up with like 50 less armor than if i had a rift armor set. I think that is a pretty big handicap. And seeing how any boss in ao3 can 1 hit a buffed paladin, that 50 armor makes a huge difference and the lack of it makes paladins almost as weak as pure int mages.
    Last edited by Burton; 10-11-2010 at 01:56 PM.
    Itzsepuku - Lvl 49 Paladin Itzburton - Lvl 45 Tank

Drummer and Snowboarder (FTW).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'd even go as far as saying that i might respec my pally to pure mage because i bet that a set of cosmos armor provides more armor than a set of 45 thoth str armor(or 50 if i can find it).

Here are the stats i came up with (for paladin i'll be using the level 45 items with the lvl 50 items in parenthesis)

Paladin - Mynas Thoth Helm, 10 armor (11), Mynas Thoth Plate, 65 armor (72), Thoth Scarab Buckler, 25 armor (pharoah's thoth shield 27 armor), Total = 100 (110)
    *compared to*
    Pure Mage - Overlord's Cosmos Helm, 17 armor, Mirage Cosmos Robe, 67 armor, Gorgox Cosmos Eye, 23 armor, Total = 107

Well would you look at that. A pure mage using a cosmos set has more armor than a paladin using a full lvl 45 thoth set (because lvl 50 thoth is rare)
    Last edited by Burton; 10-11-2010 at 02:05 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Burton View Post
    Well I just figured out that if, as a paladin, i were to use 3 lvl 50 thoth str items and a rift sword, i would end up with like 50 less armor than if i had a rift armor set. I think that is a pretty big handicap. And seeing how any boss in ao3 can 1 hit a buffed paladin, that 50 armor makes a huge difference and the lack of it makes paladins almost as weak as pure int mages.
    Not really. Even with a couple of Thoth pieces, you will have much higher armor than an Int mage in the best level 50 gear (not to mention health). I think there should be a tradeoff for a mage wearing heavy armor. As I said zero M/s on Str gear is a little drastic IMO, but I really hope they don't just make cosmos and void available to all classes. We currently have the most balanced gear since the swamps IMO.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well yes i did take into consideration the extra health a paladin has. But i am still considering switching to pure mage because the stats i have just posted show that a pure mage would have more armor (unless a paladin can find a set of lvl 50 thoth)

Edit: Woohoo senior member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Burton View Post
    Well yes i did take into consideration the extra health a paladin has. But i am still considering switching to pure mage because the stats i have just posted show that a pure mage would have more armor (unless a paladin can find a set of lvl 50 thoth)

Edit: Woohoo senior member
    Well my pally's getting by with 2 Thoth pieces, and if you really think you need more regen than that, then yeah respec. If you use a nice AO3 weapon and armor, with Thoth helm and shield, you will have much higher armor, and better damage than an Int mage, and you shouldn't be spamming skills anyway as a melee character (yes I know pallys have gotten used to playing as heavily armored Int mages, but it shouldn't be that way IMO).
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lol I do like to use skills alot but maybe i can try to get by with 15 m/s. If not then i will most likely respec.

Or just throw my pally down the drain and be happy with the 156 armor my tank can now enjoy.
    Last edited by Burton; 10-11-2010 at 02:22 PM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Heck I love ms for all my characters. 8-10 for tank/bird, 20+ for Mage/pally. Specials and combos do wayyyy more damage on average than just weapons, therefore you kill stuff faster. I'm going to have trouble keeping ms on those other characters when I'm equipping rift/void :/
    gaabob - lv50 pally/mage; gaabobtwo - lv50 dual bird; gaabobthree - lv50 intbear/strbear; gaabobfour - lv50 dextress; gaabobfive - lv50 bowbear; gaabobtwink - lv20 intbear twink; deathsparkles - lv20 bird twink; a mule; and a lv47 ao2 farmer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gaabob View Post
    Heck I love ms for all my characters. 8-10 for tank/bird, 20+ for Mage/pally. Specials and combos do wayyyy more damage on average than just weapons, therefore you kill stuff faster. I'm going to have trouble keeping ms on those other characters when I'm equipping rift/void :/
    Void has tons of M/s, so not sure what you mean there. For a paladin, you can still combo to your heart's content, if that's what you want to do. Just conserve mana by not casting other spell that don't combo (most of your spells) as frequently.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i think every one is talking about pve but they have pvp in the back of there minds and they dont want bears overpowered.
    Kindra-level 47 enchantress/paladin

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

well, if you are not happy with your paladin and you want to change to int because you die a lot, you die even more when you are an int mage...
    a paladin has more survivability rate than a pure mage. just use three thoth and one rift; you don't need that high armour. paladins aren't even meant to tank; they are just a sturdier version of pure mages.
    Goodbye

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arkantos View Post
    i think every one is talking about pve but they have pvp in the back of there minds and they dont want bears overpowered.
    tanks are already overpowered.... aren't they?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

glad to see im not the only one here. ive been pally all through ao2 and now im working on getting cosmo's for when i hit 50 in 1.2 more levels to go back to pure...
    i liked being a mage and being able to duke it out on the battlefield while being lifesupport. but looks like thats been nuked too :/

twas fun while it lasted

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jsaieagle View Post
    tanks are already overpowered.... aren't they?
    Counter with pure dexterity archers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raxie View Post
    well, if you are not happy with your paladin and you want to change to int because you die a lot, you die even more when you are an int mage...
    a paladin has more survivability rate than a pure mage. just use three thoth and one rift; you don't need that high armour. paladins aren't even meant to tank; they are just a sturdier version of pure mages.
    It's not that I'm dying alot it's just that paladins have less armor than pure mages at lvl 50. I am considering using 2 rift pieces and 2 Thoth pieces but I'll have to see if I can get by with 5 less m/s. The only benefits paladins have over pure mages is more dps and more health. But pure mages now have more armor, higher hitting Mage skills and can attack from a distance.
    Last edited by Burton; 10-12-2010 at 04:06 PM.