Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 2013-02-28 Content Update (114745)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swede View Post
    Although I won't give away any numbers, Sorcerers were actually nerfed the least for PvP.
    praise the lord...finally payback XD
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

After the patch. I can't feel my rogue anymore in pvp. It's like I'm hitting a boss in the elite maps. If u reduce our dmg output in pvp. Be sure to reduce the healing capability of the warriors too. To rebalance the game. They still high dmg output with very efficient healing abilities. I think, pvp times on 21 lvl cap is better than this new patch. As what I've observe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by telstra View Post
    After the patch. I can't feel my rogue anymore in pvp. It's like I'm hitting a boss in the elite maps. If u reduce our dmg output in pvp. Be sure to reduce the healing capability of the warriors too. To rebalance the game. They still high dmg output with very efficient healing abilities. I think, pvp times on 21 lvl cap is better than this new patch. As what I've observe.
    +1.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MysticalEagle:989672
    Quote Originally Posted by telstra View Post
    +1.
    and rogues heal packs tisk tisk
    "To achieve things that others cant you must do things that others wont"
    When in doubt, ask yourself, "What would Judgement do!!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swede:989647
    Quote Originally Posted by Infrico View Post
    Thinking that this update would buff mages, the weakest PvP class, instead they were nerfed more lmao. You should have kept the damage output the same for mage and nerf all other classes. -_-
    Although I won't give away any numbers, Sorcerers were actually nerfed the least for PvP.
    they should have not been nerfed at all

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

I noticed a slight change in damage output but in the games i've played since the patch, I still averaged 2-5x more kills than anyone else so I think the update is fine. You guys still need to look into the crazy windmill damage outburst which I don't think has been fixed yet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Ok I understand your thoughts on the achievement awarding system, but rly if I buy the arcane hooks I want the achievement or if I buy and open hammerjaw I want to get the achievement. If I am going to get one of these items by purchase I rly want to be able to get the achievement...... I think you need to think of some way that payers who buy it get the achievement.......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

I honestly think all these changes in pvp are to sell plat. I think they wait til everyone gets a build that works then change the pvp rules so everyone has to respec 10 times to find something that works then change again, etc... It's either that or they honestly want everyone to switch to warrior class.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to wvhills For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

I agree with Wvhills,

Also, not being able to get the achievement without LOOTING it is just to sell platinums also.
    Spending 10 million gold on an item but no achievement = Absolutely NOT reasonable.

Hammerjaw did grant the achievement. At least, why on earth did they change that? Oh, need to sell more platinums.

Like if it wasn't enough? Why no purchase confirmation? That's a BIG deal already.

After all these years with StS, it is officially my first time being REALLY disappointed.
    Last edited by Mysticaleagle; 03-01-2013 at 02:43 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wvhills:989779
    I honestly think all these changes in pvp are to sell plat. I think they wait til everyone gets a build that works then change the pvp rules so everyone has to respec 10 times to find something that works then change again, etc... It's either that or they honestly want everyone to switch to warrior class.
    or have no clue on what to do

12. The Following User Says Thank You to mafiainc42 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

This was surely needed as we were the weakest class. I'm looking forward to trying it out. First I have to finish leveling to 26. Then I will do some PvP.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    This was surely needed as we were the weakest class. I'm looking forward to trying it out. First I have to finish leveling to 26. Then I will do some PvP.
    Unless ur a warrior u won't like it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Agree with vwhills, they want to make us sorceres to turn to warriors, start a new player, buy plat for bundlees, pets, money, etc. since plat isn't tradeable..

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Decrpito For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

For goodness' sake, give the devs some time. Balancing, managing and expanding an MMO is a lot harder than you might think. These accusations are, in my opinion, rash and disrespectful. I can certainly understand some people being upset, but I'm sure STS realizes a business model based on 'forcing' customers to pay by breaking the game won't last.

EDIT: Just to make sure there's no further misunderstandings: I'm only talking to the people making accusing STS of breaking game elements to make players spend more platinum. I have no qualms with people commenting on what they think needs to be improved.

We have already started looking at that problem and will come up with a solution.
    Very glad to hear this! I was disappointed to find out how often I can't maintain aggro even with 3 taunt skills.
    Last edited by Shaukei; 03-01-2013 at 07:32 PM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shaukei View Post
    For goodness' sake, give the devs some time. Balancing, managing and expanding an MMO is a lot harder than you might think. These accusations are, in my opinion, rash and disrespectful. I can certainly understand some people being upset, but I'm sure STS realizes a business model based on 'forcing' customers to pay by breaking the game won't last.

Very glad to hear this! I was disappointed to find out how often I can't maintain aggro even with 3 taunt skills.
    How much time? 1 week, 6 months? 1 year?

I spent over 100 plat in respecs on my rogue. Do you really think I am going to do that again? Right now I am contemplating whether I want to grind to 26 or not... I tried pvp at 25.. Wasn't much fun. Warriors still stun, boom pow me...Sorcs stun and call forth from the heaven a lightning bolt that knocks me through the walls while I am stunned or frozen. At 2k health I am a gnat to them... Yet they feel my damage needs to be nerfed. I get about 1000 exp a night if I am lucky and not frustrated by Joe warrior who enters the maze and decides to let me the rogue tank and watches me die. 1000 exp a night is 26 nights before I am 26 and can do what I like.. pvp..

You all really don't want to know what I have to say to that.

19.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #136
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Syylent View Post

I spent over 100 plat in respecs on my rogue. Do you really think I am going to do that again? Right now I am contemplating whether I want to grind to 26 or not... I tried pvp at 25.. Wasn't much fun. Warriors still stun, boom pow me...Sorcs stun and call forth from the heaven a lightning bolt that knocks me through the walls while I am stunned or frozen. At 2k health I am a gnat to them... Yet they feel my damage needs to be nerfed. I get about 1000 exp a night if I am lucky and not frustrated by Joe warrior who enters the maze and decides to let me the rogue tank and watches me die. 1000 exp a night is 26 nights before I am 26 and can do what I like.. pvp..

You just answered yourself why it's so hard to balance PvP. In this thread there's about 5 posts saying that the Sorcerer is useless in PvP, yet you say that you have no chance against them. Even in house it's not easy for us to find the correct answer to all the different ways you can be efficient with a class in PvP. Some of us are better at a certain class than others, some of us are better at PvP in general. So we test against each other and might get completely different results than you do.

If we just went ahead and made changes based on a majority of today's forum posts, we would significantly nerf Warriors. If we instead based it on just your post, we would buff rogues. If we based it on my play results today, we would nerf Sorcerers.

That's why we do small changes instead of large ones, watch the data, play test and then adjust again. It's an ongoing cycle that will probably never end. World of Warcraft is about a decade old now and they're still adjusting PvP balance. It won't be quite as difficult for us since we're not as deep and have as many classes etc but it's still not easy.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Swede For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Syylent View Post

It's unwise to spend lots of platinum on respecs in an unstable time like this. The level cap just got raised, so of course it's gonna take a few weeks for things to finally settle down. Again, balance is extremely hard to do. Swede explained that better than I ever could in the post above.

I'm not saying "don't complain" - it's fine to point out the things you think need fixing. But accusations like some of the above are hasty, disrespectful, and, given some thought, make little sense from a business perspective anyway.
    Last edited by Shaukei; 03-01-2013 at 06:15 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Just make so you can only fight your own class!!

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Yeah, I messed around with some specs, but not to try to beat the system. The purpose of respecs is to decide which skills & stats suit your playing style and which you prefer. If you are respecing so that you can beat the system, i.e. choosing one skill over another not because you just like how it works better but because you think it makes you better, then you are going to be disappointed because they will continue to make adjustments over time.

In the end, all skills should be equally useful and your skill build should simply be based on your preferences and playing style. Do you like to charge ahead and tank, or do you prefer to stay back and hit from range? Do you prefer to play a more defensive game, or do you prefer to attack first? Do you prefer to solo, or do you prefer to stick with a group? These are the questions that should determine which skills/stats you choose. Not which ones are "better" due to the latest update, because this will always be changing.

Perhaps I'm alone here, but back in December when they gave free respecs (before PvP came out) I tried out a few different skill builds and choose the 4 skills I liked the best, and I have not changed them since. I like what I like, and I'm not going to let an update here or there change that. And since I like these skills best in PvE, there is no reason I would not like these skills best in PvP. It really doesn't matter who I am fighting (boss, mobs, or another player), I like what I like, and that is what I use. Folks keep telling me "get shield". Well, I tried shield in December and did not like it, so I'm not going to use it. End of story. And I'd just like to point out, I do just fine in PvP. I have a very nice positive K/D ratio, and I've not spent any plat on respecs.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 03-01-2013 at 06:17 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    Just make so you can only fight your own class!!
    Devs please gimme more points to thank posts xD