Thread: what's there to do in AL now?

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    Noobs
    Glad to see your arthritis medication allows you to type.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

2. The Following User Says Thank You to CrimsonTider For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Perhaps I just see things different because I'm a merchant, but when the elite dungeons are harder, the end result is that the rewards are higher. Supply and demand determines the price. If the dungeons are too hard for most, then the prices of the loot will be very high.

I constantly see folks complaining about stuff like this. Would you prefer that it be much easier and that the elite pinks each are worth 5k? Or would you prefer that it be easier but the chances of getting a pink be much lower? I can recall lots of folks complaining that they opened so many chests but no pinks. So STS increased the drop rates of pinks in the last update. I'm not really sure what everyone wants....

In PL they increased drop rates everywhere and the result is that prices on everything crashed and everyone now says the economy in PL is ruined. Do you want that to happen in AL?

I get the feeling that folks want easy dungeons, lots of pinks that drop, but want those pinks to be worth large amounts of money. Well sorry to say that you can't have it both ways. If you get lots of drops, so will everyone else, and they will be worth nothing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post

I constantly see folks complaining about stuff like this. Would you prefer that it be much easier and that the elite pinks each are worth 5k?
    Why does it always have to be insanely hard or super easy?? lol

There is a middle ground.

I get the feeling that folks want easy dungeons, lots of pinks that drop, but want those pinks to be worth large amounts of money. Well sorry to say that you can't have it both ways. If you get lots of drops, so will everyone else, and they will be worth nothing.
    People want goals that can be realistically accomplished. The economy in AL is already ruined. It can't be fixed. Just keep the game fun for people. Maps that take 1hr to finish are NOT fun for most people.

If it was... Elite Jarl wouldn't be so popular.
    Last edited by Rare; 03-05-2013 at 06:57 PM.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    Why does it always have to be insanely hard or super easy?? lol

There is a middle ground.

People want goals that can be realistically accomplished. The economy in AL is already ruined. It can't be fixed. Just keep the game fun for people. Maps that take 1hr to finish are NOT fun for most people.

If it was... Elite Jarl wouldn't be so popular.
    Oh yea Jarl is a star

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Perhaps I just see things different because I'm a merchant, but when the elite dungeons are harder, the end result is that the rewards are higher. Supply and demand determines the price. If the dungeons are too hard for most, then the prices of the loot will be very high.

I constantly see folks complaining about stuff like this. Would you prefer that it be much easier and that the elite pinks each are worth 5k? Or would you prefer that it be easier but the chances of getting a pink be much lower? I can recall lots of folks complaining that they opened so many chests but no pinks. So STS increased the drop rates of pinks in the last update. I'm not really sure what everyone wants....

In PL they increased drop rates everywhere and the result is that prices on everything crashed and everyone now says the economy in PL is ruined. Do you want that to happen in AL?

I don't care if I'm richer than other players or not. I just want the best gear to pvp and pve. I see ur point and agree that most people do want their pinks to be worth something but like aedenos said, 30 min+ to do a run plus countless deaths and potions is a bit much. My chief complaint is the elites aren't playable in a pug. If my guild or pro friends aren't on then I have nothing to do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wvhills View Post
    I don't care if I'm richer than other players or not. I just want the best gear to pvp and pve. I see ur point and agree that most people do want their pinks to be worth something but like aedenos said, 30 min+ to do a run plus countless deaths and potions is a bit much. My chief complaint is the elites aren't playable in a pug. If my guild or pro friends aren't on then I have nothing to do.
    I want the best gear too. That's the reason I play, the constant quest to obtain the best gear. Once I've gotten the best gear, I hang it up until something better comes out. The kraken isles campaign has been out less than 2 weeks, meaning there will be another 4-6 weeks before the next one. It should take the average "pro" player most of that time to obtain the best gear, otherwise it is too easy. If you are way better than average, maybe you can do it in a couple of weeks. And if you are an average player, then maybe you never do it. Not everyone in life can own a Ferrari. But it seems like folks think they are entitled to have the best gear within a few days or else they yell that it's too hard.

There should always be something more to achieve in this game. Because if I run out of new stuff to do, then I stop playing.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 03-05-2013 at 08:58 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

I want the best gear too. That's the reason I play, the constant quest to obtain the best gear. Once I've gotten the best gear, I hang it up until something better comes out. The kraken isles campaign has been out less than 2 weeks, meaning there will be another 4-6 weeks before the next one. It should take the average player most of that time to obtain the best gear, otherwise it is too easy. If you are better than average, maybe you can do it in a couple of weeks. But it seems like folks think they are entitled to have the best gear within a few days or else they yell that it's too hard.

There should always be something more to achieve in this game. Because if I run out of new stuff to do, then I stop playing.
    Lower the drop rate of pinks but also decrease the difficulty of the mobs. That way gear stays rare but at least we can still play with pugs.

In another thread u said u did the last boss once and got an arcane drop. U also said u don't plan on ever doing that boss again. That just illustrates the point I was making. The way things are now doesn't encourage people to play.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Lower the drop rate of pinks but also decrease the difficulty of the mobs. That way gear stays rare but at least we can still play with pugs.

In another thread u said u did the last boss once and got an arcane drop. U also said u don't plan on ever doing that boss again. That just illustrates the point I was making. The way things are now doesn't encourage people to play.
    Fair enough. I don't mind if they do that. But last campaign everyone was complaining "I opened 55 chests and only got 2 pinks!!". So STS went ahead and increased the drop rates of pinks from elite silver and gold chests. So now the items are falling more, they just made the dungeons really hard. Either way I don't care. I just want to make sure it doesn't end up like it did in PL where nothing is worth much anymore and there is no point in farming.

I know you (and most others) judge items based on how many you see dropping to you when you farm. And you judge difficulty of the dungeons on your personal experience farming them. But I judge all of these things based on the prices and rarity (or lack thereof) of items in the CS. And when I see 35 of the same item all listed in the CS, and this is an item that is suppose to be an "elite" armor, helm or weapon, then I know there are too many of them dropping. So the way to fix this is to either make them drop less, or make the dungeon where they drop harder so fewer folks farm there. It really doesn't make a difference to me which way they do it.

In my opinion, I actually think they should make the mobs in the elite dungeons a little easier but make the bosses a little harder. Make it so we can have an easier time reaching the boss, but make the boss super hard. That will at least make it more fun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

In another thread u said u did the last boss once and got a Legendary drop. U also said u don't plan on ever doing that boss again. That just illustrates the point I was making. The way things are now doesn't encourage people to play.
    Just wanted to correct it wasnt an arcane drop

Duh
    AL: Tweekzcoffee | PL: Thestupidness
    AL GUIDES | Arcane & Mythic Items With Pics | Allies | Chests

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Default what's there to do in AL now?

2 pinks in 55 chest??? LUCKY!!! I've opened 60 or so before for one ring not even scaled o my level...
    PL (DEADBITE L.75 bird UGOTSNIPEDDD L.66 bird NIFECALEDLUST L.55)
    AL (DEADBITE L.16 warrior TENDENCIES L.16 rogue SWANSONGS L.16 mage)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Well, IMO the elites are okay now... If you can't find a good party for farming, maybe make more friends?
    You still can do pugs, say hello to Jarl.
    You want the best gear, work hard for it then.. Not everything in life is easy as pie...
    The economy in AL is fine now.. elite gears are at the correct price range....
    The game will be ruined when everyone has the best gear...what then? Pvp? LoL

No offence...

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ruejade For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ruejade View Post
    Well, IMO the elites are okay now... If you can't find a good party for farming, maybe make more friends?
    You want the best gear, work hard for it then.. Not everything in life is easy as pie...

No offence...
    My point exactly!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

I did some Elite Jarl PUGs. Was ok, not counting idiots and people who ran off because they saw mobs waiting. (Yes, Elite maps DO have mobs.)

Didn't really find that many people in the other Elite areas, so yes a bit slow. The ship is hell hard!

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

No offence...
    Spot on Rue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

AL isn't really that fun anymore, to me.

I log on, i collect dailies, i sell, i buy, i log off.

I feel like a robot whenever i go on AL. Don't know where the fun had gone to. Still looking for it.
    Destructible - Level 21 Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    264 Posts

Im almost certain that 85% of players talking about how the economy should be saved have bought gold. You can get 500k for 500 plat. People without gold before this update are the ones complaining and I agree, making gold is incredibly hard. And then all you plat buyers are going to tell me that im ruining the economy....
    Last edited by Matutd; 03-06-2013 at 01:56 AM.
    Nothing related to any players or drug references because they already got me into trouble

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Matutad is wrong.
    I had a ton of gold before KI.
    I was doing well and had a stockpile.
    Then the expansion happened and i can't even play elite except for Jarl.
    The game was balanced before but i feel they tried to overcompensate for the abundance of new players and it ruined it for some players that used to be ELITE.
    I miss the old days....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

I don't get what's wrong with the elite maps... Seriously..
    Too long? Most map takes about 10 minutes with a good party right? With an average one it takes about 15 then..
    With an exception of elite skull cove, it's supposed to the last and hardest boss, right?
    If you want to play for a short time only, then Jarl of course is the best map to farm..

WARNING: Epicly Long Life Story of Some Random Player Coming! (I can't stop after starting and realised at the end it was too long)

I started playing near the end of November 2012, and was a complete noob back then. I'm not really a social person, and is scared to ask people for help. Therefore at that time, i was playing solo all the time, and PUGs are my best buddies. However, I took my time, farmed normal chests, sold them. Farmed eggs, sold them. I still remember being so proud when I can solo normal forest just to farm normal chests. The largest amount of gold i ever held back then was 20k lol...and i was saving for a Flap Jack. Then at lv 15, I joined my first guild, which is the same guild I am in now. And for every piece of gold i earned, I was happy. I saved my gold, and conserved my pot usage I still remembered I leveled up at normal maps because I didn't know the existence of tombs back then.

I was lv 15 when the Dead City expansion was introduced, yep I never capped at 16, a bit regrettable about the banner...
    It took me a week to get to lv 20. Then at that time, I was introduced to Elite Jarl. Because I capped a bit later then others (about 2 weeks after expansion), the elite gear prices has gone down a considerable amount. Yet I started farming jarl....and jarl....and jarl.... And yep... With PuGs... Although I have a guild, I'm still a bit afraid to do runs with them though at that time.

My turning point in AL is a lv 21 Mighty Juggernaut Helmet of Will( I think...) which i sold for 500k. And after that, life got easier for me as I could at least supply my pots for tower runs. Then in January 2013, I completed my end game set after purchasing a lv 21 ALP from a good friend(I still have it!), she sold it to me for 400k although cs price was 600k back then. After that, I started mixing more with my guild mates because I knew at least I'm not as impotent as before and participated in fast elite runs. Although I was constantly doing elites, the amount of gold I have never left the 600k-800k range(that lifethief!)

A few weeks before PvP was introduced, the Jarl market crashed........................
    And I decided I needed a new source of income and I discovered Elite Grounds. I realised that I could do elite ground runs solo, as there is only a rare chance you'll meet a pug there. After calculating the pot costs and time requirements, I decided that solo grounds would be my new source of income. It worked well, copper for 2k, silver for 12k and golden for 30k.. The gold in my bank increased steadily over time.

Later on, PvP was introduced. I was so excited I PvPed an entire day after the release. On the second day, after I woke up, I realised that my name was on the PvP kills leaderboards. It made me so happy that I decided to maintain my position. I gave up on PvE and focused on PvP.

And then soon, the new Kraken Isles expansion was announced, I was still busy maintaining my position on leaderboards at that time. However, something hit me mentally and I started farming a bit of jarl 2 days before the expansion while still doing PvP.

And then, the KI update came. The moment I logged on, a friend who was also a guildie invited my to wt4. I followed for I realised that elite gear is very valuable a short time after the update(a lesson learned of Dead City). I tried my very best to get to lv 25 as fast as I could. At lv 23, I opened the chests I got from jarl before the expansion, and I received a lv 25 Agile Heartseekers of Brutality and a lv 25 Power Ring of Brutality. Happy that elite gears scaled to the new lv, I bought all banded chests from the cs and opened them, only to get a few worthless pinks. I sold the HoB for 200k for I knew it would be worthless soon, and got myself to lv 25.

The first thing I did when I was lv 25 is to solo elite Jarl. However after one run, I realised Jarl is not worth it due to the amount of pots needed. On that same day, a rogue and a warr, both just hit 25, invited me to new elite maps with them. I accepted, and we did the KI elite maps one by one. The only map we couldn't complete was Skull Cove. I got an elite silver chest from the 4 runs and sold it for 100k(yep it was about 10 hours after expansion at that time).

After realizing elites require better stats, I returned to lvling. Halfway to lv 26, I was introduced to Elite Hately by a very good friend. It was still quite a secret back then and not everyone knows about it. I immediately ditched wt4 and went for hately running it vigorously. I ran even more when I realised I can solo it in 3 min with lv 21 gear. I farmed the chest, sold it. And the amount of gold in my bank increased slowly.

When I heard that Reef is getting a fix, I bought cheap elite golden from cs and kept them. I sold them after the expansion. After the reef fix, I got to lv 26 and scouted for better farming spots. And I found Elite Seas. And it has been the place I preferred to farm till now. Thanks to my time spent in the arena, I made many friends who will run it with me. And when I couldn't get a perty, I spend my time Jarling with Pugs or just helping newbies in my guild.

Recently, I opened my first elite pirate golden and got a lv 26 Sealord Plate of Will which traded for my end game armor. And yesterday I went for a run at elite Grog Beach and obtained a lv 26 Bloodhammer Threads of Will which my friend helped me to sell them.

================================================== ===============================

Main Content Starts Here:

Well, I started as an introverted newbie, and now I have a capped rogue with a PvP kills banner(okay, I was bragging a bit) and with almost 6m in my bank. All this while I enjoyed my time in AL. You don't have to spend thousands of plat to have fun in the game. You just have to throw away the expectation that you'll get the best gear in 1 week after expansion. I, for one, never bought one single plat. (yep! No plat revive at elite skull cove sucks though)

People nowadays are so used to things in life being instant. Fast food, instant foods, heck even waiting for Internet Explorer to open gets on your nerves. Society nowadays are so used to things getting done is a press of a button, most of them forgot the enjoy the process and only eye for the results. When I look at the amount of gold in my bank now, I felt happy for I knew every moment of effort is worth it. Every moment of boring Jarl, every moment of teaching PuGs the right strategy, every frustrating moment of finding a party ect.

IMO, people do not enjoy the game because of the game, it is because of their attitude. I repeat, ATTITUDE. Nobody wants to run with you? Are you maybe rude? Looks down on others? Casting out profanities the moment you team did something they didn't know was wrong? Don't complain that there are no pugs. Im sure most of you guys leave the exact moment when you realised that other toons in the map have sub-par gear. Can't find parties, then dedicate that time to find some friends or a good guild first( I recommend the guild section in this forum)

No gold to get good gear? No good gear to do elites? No elites to get gold?

Elites are not the only way to get gold you know..

Finally everything comes down to your attitude and rationality. If you can't dedicate yourself to the game as much as the hardcore gamers, then don't compare their toons to your toons. Don't make the goals of hardcore gamers as your goals (get Filthy Rich ect), make a goal that is easier for a casual gamer like you to achieve( get 20 pets, get a nice end game weapon) and work towards it step by step.

Can't enjoy the entire game content? Do I have to define the word "elite" for you? No pain no gain right?

Judge less, and play according to you own capability and your own pace. Enjoy the game....Well, it's just a game, right?

21. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ruejade For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Very touching but doesnt change the fact that not every player is so adaptive to every change.
    Just that u r able to run elite in 10-15 min doesnt mean everyone can. It take 20+ min most of the groups out there. And loot is not satisfing. I doubt they increased possibility of legendary drops from chest they just lowered droping of greens so u still get more epics then pinks.
    And items in cs r overpriced so market is ruined eather way.
    Ppl stop playing both way if they obtain everything or cant obtain so they just give up and move on. Guess which group is bigger.

And pro i always jiggle when i hear it lol pro..... pro game=get urself a treatment. So sorry that other "no pro gamers" want to enjoy game also.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

No offence...
    maybe make more friends?

Already went over this in other threads. Spending 15 minutes to organize the right party only adds the time for the map.

I think this is his point. Jarl is boring.

You want the best gear, work hard for it then.

Not the point of this thread. Nobody said it should be easy. But it should be attainable to most people. Right now, it isn't.

The economy in AL is fine now.

LOL, what game are you playing? Its the third campaign and gear is already going for about 8M??? How is that "fine". Even PL, with its jacked up economy and ease of getting gold has very few items that go for that high. And its been around for 3 years now.

The game will be ruined when everyone has the best gear.

Why will the game be ruined??? The only thing it ruins is for people that want tons of gold. Maybe everyone has the best gear. Then in 2/3 months a new campaign comes and there is new best gear. Yay.

Like you said... no offense
    Last edited by Rare; 03-06-2013 at 10:27 AM.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rare For This Useful Post: