Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: In Development - New Exploration Maps and Balance Refinements

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

New pair of mythic and arcane pets would be awesome, droppable from new exploration maps.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Yey! New maaps! Nice job!

Hope there'll be new types of weapons and gear. ^_^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

YAY, our time has come!
    A veteran who cannot let go the glorified Legends days.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I noticed some gear with the same name for L25 is more expansive than L26...Maybe thats one of the reason you should level up LOL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Pebbles View Post

I don't think its something they have to do but it* seems like an option. Considering the route they've gone with making Plat only Achievements. I mean it works for DL without a subscription but at least its easier to get there than it is here. Way more demanding to spend money here.

Swede was telling me it basically is either subscription in the future or they make another title.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

I'm sorry, but all this whining about how hard ELITE is gets quite tiring. It should be hard, and honestly I think it's good the way it is, it might take a little too long for some maps, but the difficulty is fine. 10-15 minutes is ideal, but guess what... it just came out, people haven't found the best strategies for each map yet.

I'm a sorc, arguably (and it's not a hard argument) the weakest class. Yet I enjoy elites, I've found strategies that work, I don't die nearly as much as I did, and I do good damage. I've noticed that, 85-90% of the time, if I die, the rest of the party is right after me. Weather that is because the crowd control I was offering was needed, or we pulled too many, I'm not going to try and understand. All I know is, with a strong strategy I die about as often as the other players in my group.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Valsacar View Post
    I'm sorry, but all this whining about how hard ELITE is gets quite tiring. It should be hard, and honestly I think it's good the way it is, it might take a little too long for some maps, but the difficulty is fine. 10-15 minutes is ideal, but guess what... it just came out, people haven't found the best strategies for each map yet.

I'm a sorc, arguably (and it's not a hard argument) the weakest class. Yet I enjoy elites, I've found strategies that work, I don't die nearly as much as I did, and I do good damage. I've noticed that, 85-90% of the time, if I die, the rest of the party is right after me. Weather that is because the crowd control I was offering was needed, or we pulled too many, I'm not going to try and understand. All I know is, with a strong strategy I die about as often as the other players in my group.
    For real, elites arnt too hard and a great party/friends/guild to run with is the key.....

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Abuse View Post
    I stopped Arcane Legends because I think 2.600 XP per Level and 26.000 XP till Level 26 is so much, and you don't have a place where it's fun to get Experience. (I am Level 23 now) Watchers Tomb 4 is sooo boring and I don't want to do it 40 times to Level up. (It was not fun @ all to get from Level 20 to 21) :/

Please increase the amount of XP you get for playing normal Maps or create a new place, where you can level up faster with a group of players which are >20.
    Same 26k exp to 26? Forget about it.. It will take me over a month.

Also PvP is just silly.. Balancing issues are in the toilet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Syylent View Post
    Same 26k exp to 26? Forget about it.. It will take me over a month.

Also PvP is just silly.. Balancing issues are in the toilet.
    Took me a night....

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vystirch View Post
    Took me a night....
    Congrats? I think.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Syylent View Post
    Congrats? I think.
    Well it rly isn't that hard just about a total of 8hours of tomb grinding.... Pure, don't give up just devote a bit of time each day to it. 30min a day will take I far.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Well it rly isn't that hard just about a total of 8hours of tomb grinding.... Pure, don't give up just devote a bit of time each day to it. 30min a day will take I far.
    Not necessarily. I won't spend 8 hours a night. It just won't happen. On average, I get maybe 1k a night. Yesterday I worked 12 hours. When I was at my daughters dance I logged in in and got maybe 40 exp. Tried some PvP then left. Was one shotted by a warrior 3 times. I have around 2k health.

I can't find a good place for exp. Normal routine I can get about 1k a night. Simple math. 26 days. Still with the new patch the fun is gone for a variety of reasons. It fells like a chore anymore. When all I want to do is PvP... well I guess it says it all.

I logged and finished watching my daughters rehearsal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

If you got too much real life, its obviously, getting 26 will be hard. Dp you need it? I got few friends, who farm on 25 alot :-) If need, then try hauntlet, or non elite grog beach runs. Maybe new dungs will be good to exp, who know :-)
    AL: Ishyrionek (31 Warrior)
    AL: Ishyrion (30 Rogue)
    AL: Ishyrionus (30 Wizzard)
    BD: Ishyrion (7)

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ishyrionek View Post
    If you got too much real life, its obviously, getting 26 will be hard. Dp you need it? I got few friends, who farm on 25 alot :-) If need, then try hauntlet, or non elite grog beach runs. Maybe new dungs will be good to exp, who know :-)

One can hope.

Just one man's opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

That's my point, it would take me 8 hours of boring WT4 or 800 hours of playing normal maps... you see, it could be better, right?

I just don't have the motivation to Level up anymore, I played WT4 soooooo often till Level 23 and now, 31.200 XP left ?!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

IMO only elite skull cove needs to be changed. I actually enjoy the level of other elite maps.

TBH I had lost all enthu to level up to 26 .. then somehow I did it on my main warrior last weekend . But I am definitely not doing it again!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Abuse View Post
    That's my point, it would take me 8 hours of boring WT4 or 800 hours of playing normal maps... you see, it could be better, right?

I just don't have the motivation to Level up anymore, I played WT4 soooooo often till Level 23 and now, 31.200 XP left ?!
    Well all I can rly say is it is nothing to the PL lvl76 cap.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Elite trash mobs have way to many hp. It's too much of a time sink clearing trash.
    Lower the hp, up the health regeneration and damage, and a balanced group with decent dps should mow through it..solo player, not so much. Devs did this with Everquest back in the day.
    Add zone loot to the tables like DL for each expansion zone, and loot tables for the bosses.
    People will keep logging in if they know there is a chance to get a specific item.
    The whole chest/elite chest isn't sustainable. Dump it, add loot tables and keep the chests for the old content (other than the Grand Crates...great idea there).
    Plus, why the whole mythic/arcane nonsense? Make arcane stuff plat only that can't be sold in CS and mythic world drops from bosses...DL has the whole loot thing down, great ideas there

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Khylan For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Meh. I'm just hoping the regular lvls get rebalanced. I have been stuck at 23 since the expansion as I'm a part time player...play at lunch and randomly after work between rest of my life etc. Never had an issue lvling..or heck just surviving all the lvls to get thru campaign and see which map I liked. All of them r brutal to the point I just log in to buy/sell for a couple minutes. I don't even want to buy plat to open crates anymore just because the thought of getting lvl 23 mythic or arcane item scares me vs a 26 item lol. Honestly if it doesn't even back out a bit I will likely I've all my stuff to a guild and uninstall. I like spending money on FUN games, not irritating ones

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

the 26000 XP needed for lvl 26 is only 58 trips into W4 with a +50% elixir. At 6-10 minutes per run (6 good group/guild, 10 crappy pug) is ONLY (sarcasm} 5.8-9.67 hours, with no deaths. If you die and the group doesn't wipe, then you can add more time.

This could make the game a lot less monotonous and grindy feeling by giving the quests more XP to where you get decent XP from quests
    Boss Kill quests - (your level or difficulty level Level) * 5
    Non boss 1 time quests - (your level or difficulty level Level) * 3
    daily quests - your level * 1

This way doing dailies would grant decent xp, etc.
    To get from 21-26 I believe it took (1600+(2600*3)+26000) = 35400 XP. 21-25 is nearly 50% of 25-26, so add another 3-5 hours.

• The KI quest chain involved 5 Boss kill quests and 1 mob kill + now 2 dailies which could have been (using difficulty level of 21-25 per new zone), 105+110+115+120+125= 575 for boss quests
    • 3*lvl 21 for the initial kill quest that you get from the guy in Windmore for 63 XP.
    • 50 / day for the 2 dailies at level 25.

It's a moderate amount, not too excessive but i think a very useful change that could be made to make the game less of a grind. It would make dailies a bit more exciting when you are trying to get to that max level. Obviously the people that hit max in 8hr won't use dailies, but the people taking there time or that can't sit and play for 8 straight hours because they work or have babies can still get there without being bored to death in W4. I think honestly the multipliers (1-3-5) i used could be even higher like 3-6-9 or 2-4-8 respectively
    Last edited by CosmoxKramer; 03-06-2013 at 04:48 PM.