Thread: Discussion of lvl 51, 53 and 55 pink items pricing.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Biggest reason they (51 and 53) are as expensive as they are is that there are flat just not very many/as many of the 55 equips in the game. Simple supply and demand.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    Biggest reason they (51 and 53) are as expensive as they are is that there are flat just not very many/as many of the 55 equips in the game. Simple supply and demand.
    Moog beat me to it. It is simply supply and demand. There is a low supply of 51 and 53 items. There is a big demand for such items from players either leveling or experimenting with builds. Like it or not, that is the basis of the price. Simple as that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Doubletime View Post
    Moog beat me to it. It is simply supply and demand. There is a low supply of 51 and 53 items. There is a big demand for such items from players either leveling or experimenting with builds. Like it or not, that is the basis of the price. Simple as that.
    Agreed. Don't see the point of long discussions about what prices should be by some hypothetical ideal standard. As a trader I will price my stuff as high as I can get away with it. If it doesn't sell I'll lower the price. Couldn't care less if people think the price is "fair" or not - what I care about is whether it sells.
    Kalielle - level 56 mage | Kaley - level 55 roundup bear | Clusterstorm - level 55 rush paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by noobmigo View Post
    Clusterstorm? Pshh, he merely leads the fastest games ever.
    Pocket Legends Video Tutorial

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey, watch your words. Hypothetical is definately considered an insulting word. If you think this is an unecessary discussion, just say so in a proper manner.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Skyler84 View Post
    Hey, watch your words. Hypothetical is definately considered an insulting word. If you think this is an unecessary discussion, just say so in a proper manner.
    Lighten up, Francis. He didn't mean it as an insult. Words/tone are often misconstrued in a forum format. I was personally totally struck by the almost arrogant tone of your first post....but chose to try to read what you were saying, not how I felt your tone was.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Sorry, but this response to Kalielle answer is just too funny. I'm sure there must be some list of unacceptable words in your mind, but they are not universally shared. Her response was completely proper, too. The Consignment Shop operates according to the principles of laissez-faire capitalism. People charge what the market will bear. She made that quite clear.

FWIW, I don't like it, either, but it's reality, or rather a semblance of reality in a fictional setting. I personally feel that the current system allows experienced players to rip off the noobs, and it's not how I like to be. But that's just me. I can have my ideals while living in the real world. Think about it, Skyler, because it's a lot easier to be happy this way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Hey, watch your words. Hypothetical is definately considered an insulting word.
    Uhm... I'm not even sure what to say to that. Seriously, of all the things I have ever said in PL, this is the first that offends someone? I'm torn between being amused and being kind of concerned, since I didn't mean to insult anybody. :/

Hypothetical just means theoretical - as in, it's something we can talk about but it's not going to happen in practice since the market is what it is. I think you were thinking here of the word "hypocritical" - am I right? - which is a different word that I never used and has nothing to do with "hypothetical".
    Kalielle - level 56 mage | Kaley - level 55 roundup bear | Clusterstorm - level 55 rush paladin

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kalielle View Post
    Uhm... I'm not even sure what to say to that. Seriously, of all the things I have ever said in PL, this is the first that offends someone? I'm torn between being amused and being kind of concerned, since I didn't mean to insult anybody. :/

Hypothetical just means theoretical - as in, it's something we can talk about but it's not going to happen in practice since the market is what it is. I think you were thinking here of the word "hypocritical" - am I right? - which is a different word that I never used and has nothing to do with "hypothetical".
    You didn't do anything wrong. He either misread what you were saying, didn't know what hypothetical meant, or read to far into it.
    Stuck in the game? Don't know what to do? Try this new awesome section on the forums which contains guides created by players to address various game issues. Click HERE to go to it! You can also use the nifty SEARCH feature on these forums to find your answer as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ayrilana View Post
    You didn't do anything wrong. He either misread what you were saying, didn't know what hypothetical meant, or read to far into it.
    Yeah, I know... I'm tempted to sig his reply actually. My very first forum hate reply I ever received - feels kind of like a special event. Although I wish I had been at least given the chance to say something properly nasty to prompt it...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kalielle View Post

oh. hypothetical. yeah i misread it as hypocritical. you are right. my mistake. sorry. so all cool.

@chant its not really funny when a misunderstanding event took place. it will become hates if not clear up. even in forum, we should treat it as if we are talking in real group of people. because its where we share things and also learn new things that ourselves may not know.
    Last edited by Skyler84; 04-09-2011 at 04:51 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

The hurt feelings aren't funny, but the fact you TYPED (not misread) out hypothetical and thought it was hypocritical is a little amusing to .... some..... not necessarily saying me, but not saying not me either

Sometimes we just take ourselves too seriously.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

to get set bonuses, does your set have to have same level as rest of gear?