Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Changes to Equipment Procs: Shared Equipment Cooldowns

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,192 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Boysetsfire View Post
    I can understand why you guys made this decision and even tho i am mage i guess it is what it is and we will go with that...

But the claim about balancing we all know its not truth cause there was almost never really a balance in pve...but anyway

Older times warriors could really support the team and was nessesary and helpfull in maps and warriors had their roles...warrior should be nessesary in maps to help u survive and not die....not one shot kill all mobs and also be invinsible..

Rogues supposed to be the damage dealers also nessesary cause without them u couldnt even kill a boss...but rogues in my opinion was always very buffed in armor and defensive skills and that shouldnt Be the case...

But mages??? What about mages?? What was our role in a pve map?
    Stun mobs and crowd control?? So basically similar to warrios role of keeping team alive by stunning?
    Full aoe damage maybe so basically good only for mobs??? I wouldnt mind that but was rarely the case that this happend...why a warrior not invite 3 rogues like they used to do and take a mage with them?

Shouldnt mage somehow buff the team with their skills to make mages nessesary??

Since like for ever that i play this game a party by warrior and 3 rogues could farm any map without problem and even faster most times...mage was almost never nessesary unfortunately except some very small periods that happend by either stacking procs or maps that had lots of hard mobs like how mauso used to be for example...

Anyways i really like this game and will continue and i dont want to sound salty...... but if its about balancing i think with some twicks in skills or maps or gears and different philosophy u guys could make every class needed in maps and have their role and be needed...
    Sorcerers are in the most desperate need of a rework. When we started developing the expansion the Designers only played as mages and had a really unhappy and difficult time. We got together and decided that Sorcerer really, really needs to be reworked to feel fun, powerful and distinct. Wasn't long after this that we realized that all three classes need to be broken apart and reassembled to support a longer view of Arcane Legends (a Level 100+ view). First phase of this rework is currently planned to hit with next season. Significant disruption to classes should start happening in the first part of next year.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Sorcerers are in the most desperate need of a rework. When we started developing the expansion the Designers only played as mages and had a really unhappy and difficult time. We got together and decided that Sorcerer really, really needs to be reworked to feel fun, powerful and distinct. Wasn't long after this that we realized that all three classes need to be broken apart and reassembled to support a longer view of Arcane Legends (a Level 100+ view). First phase of this rework is currently planned to hit with next season. Significant disruption to classes should start happening in the first part of next year.
    I don't know if we our to far into this game but I would suggest looking into a Talent Tree Rework for classes like other MMORPG's have Incorporated in past. This allowed for the Main Class Role and the option for a Secondary Class Role. Since I only play War an example. One part of the Talent Tree was Tank Class which included High HP, High Armor, Defensive Skills, Taunt Skills, But Low Dps. The other Talent Tree Path would be Berserker Class. Still decent amount of HP, DPS Burst Skills, DPS Buff Skills, Low Armor, No Taunt, and no Defensive Skills. I would love to see something like this that gives Classes options to choose between Primary and Secondary Class Role/Builds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    201 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fearrr View Post
    I don't know if we our to far into this game but I would suggest looking into a Talent Tree Rework for classes like other MMORPG's have Incorporated in past. This allowed for the Main Class Role and the option for a Secondary Class Role. Since I only play War an example. One part of the Talent Tree was Tank Class which included High HP, High Armor, Defensive Skills, Taunt Skills, But Low Dps. The other Talent Tree Path would be Berserker Class. Still decent amount of HP, DPS Burst Skills, DPS Buff Skills, Low Armor, No Taunt, and no Defensive Skills. I would love to see something like this that gives Classes options to choose between Primary and Secondary Class Role/Builds.
    This is a wonderful idea, but unfortunately like you said it's a bit to late to implement something like this

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Neutrone View Post
    This is a wonderful idea, but unfortunately like you said it's a bit to late to implement something like this
    Ya I kind of feel that way to. It would be a big rework that would take a lot of time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fearrr View Post
    Alot of people say Wars are not supposed to do damage which is crazy. Go look at some of the Big MMORPG Titles that gross Millions of dollars a year. Tank Class and DPS War Class Coexist with mininum issues. It just needs to be done correctly. This is really the only game I have ever played MMORPG wise where people have this mindset where it's criminal for Wars to have a Dps Option which blows my mind.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    I can not thanks enough for this fix to change the proc working mechanism.
    As a long time al player started in level 16 cap; I saw how this proc stacking made huge damages to the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk