Quote Originally Posted by Worship View Post
Have you tried Arma: Day Z? It is an MMORPG..

I have been considering a transition to ARMA 3. I do like the ARMA community (Day Z I think actually was considered the worst one). ARMA is great because the community is more mature. They're more grown up, some ex-military even. It's also a more realistic game than most.

Quote Originally Posted by Worship View Post
Also with what you said about ESO, I think you should give it a shot before saying it is amazing or terrible. (I know that it's not released yet) I say this because Bethesda put aside 2 games in the making to continue full out on Elder Scrolls Online. It's also getting released with next-gen consoles, so it basically has to be modernized in quality.. Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim grew in quality with the years, so I think ESO has potential. Especially with the fact that the entire Elder Scrolls island (besides Skyrim) will be available to walk around in, and I believe the servers can hold over 100,000 or 1,000,000 people in each, so nice MMORPG gaming. Eh
The problem is that they're a developer that leaves a lot of bugs behind. With games like Oblivion and Morrowind, they are RPGs. That means the modding community can fix the issues. With an MMO, it's all on the developer. The issue is that Bethesda does not view quality and stability important in its game (I know their PR department will dispute this, but their past record speaks for itself - they leave bugs unfixed by the final patch and the community of modders (of which there were many) to pick up the slack). This will not be the case in an MMO. In other words, poor QA in my opinion, has been ingrained into their corporate culture.

Blizzard, whatever their other flaws is very quick to respond when there's a bug in WoW.

The other issue that I find ominous is that there has been something of a "dumbing down" in their titles progressively. We see this from Morrowind to Oblivion to Skyrim. Skyrim and Oblivion were made for consoles and well, their experiences on the PC were not as good as they could have been. As it stands, the Elder Scrolls games are decent games, but they're only decent games after the modding community has had some time to work with them.