Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Question: Vanity Drop Locations

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I have updated my initial post. Please let me know if you have any new observations to share.
    Last edited by Ephemeris; 10-29-2011 at 10:49 AM.
    Star Legends: Ephemeris (Engineer) - Ephemeriz (Operative) - Ephemerix (Commando) - Director (Engineer - Twink/Farmer) | Pocket Legends: Ephemeris (Enchantress - Retired)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

And congrats on that drop! In answer to your questions of the day:

1. I have seen a vanity drop for someone with no luck enhancer enabled--Comedy mask in Slouch-O to a friend and an item to me in Outer Limits.
    2. Both of those items dropped from mobs.

ETA: the Comedy mask was in a full group. The drop I got in OL while soloing.
    Last edited by CanonicalKoi; 10-23-2011 at 01:33 PM.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Thank you and thank you, Canon. :-) I'll update my main post accordingly!
    Star Legends: Ephemeris (Engineer) - Ephemeriz (Operative) - Ephemerix (Commando) - Director (Engineer - Twink/Farmer) | Pocket Legends: Ephemeris (Enchantress - Retired)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ephemeris View Post
    Thank you and thank you, Canon. :-) I'll update my main post accordingly!
    And my apologies--I edited and dropped some additional info in my post. :/
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CanonicalKoi View Post
    And my apologies--I edited and dropped some additional info in my post. :/
    No problem at all. Thanks, again!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Modified 10/23/2011Question: Have any of you seen a vanity looted from a regular chest?-E
    Yes, I saw a Tragedy drop from a regular chest in level 2 of Sloucho. The two chests near the end of the level where the bag drops, the one closest to room accessed by an op hacking

7. The Following User Says Thank You to krazii For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by krazii View Post
    Yes, I saw a Tragedy drop from a regular chest in level 2 of Sloucho. The two chests near the end of the level where the bag drops, the one closest to room accessed by an op hacking
    Thanks, Krazii! I'll update the first post accordingly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Uh ok never seen this on, there is no way to separate fact from fiction, or to sift out what exactly anyone means by "increased chances" Ive seen people use luck enhancers for vanities, as well as do bizarre things like use only fists, not use pots at all, wave at bosses when they are about to die, among other superstitions... so seeing through those things, and from multiple sources, these seem to be the best maps for vanities - dmc for delta, squatter/mining for numa, first map, venom-scorcher on sloucho, biosphere-pulse for SY (not enough data to be sure on the last one). The single best map for farming vanities is dmc as this gives both mechman and xrays, a lot, both of which fetch good prices and are rare.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Lightbulb Some help

Ok saw my 3rd vanity drop 30 hrs ago from now.

1) Mechanical Man Helmet----> 2 Months ago (2nd week of numa release maybe,dont remember).In Numa Prime lvl5 near the last set of flowers before Gaurdian(from a mob).
    2) Comedy------> First week of slouch-o release.In Slouch-o lvl2 in the entrence of the place where engineer bonus room is(from a mob).
    3) Zany Glasses-----> First week of shipyard release.In Shipyard lvl2 in front of the commando bonus room(from a mob).

# My predictions:-

1 )Any vanity has chance of droping in Delta 7/Numa Prime/Slouch-o/Shipyard.
    2) Mobs or small enemies only drop vanities.*
    3) No vanity drops pre-Delta.**

Suggestion:-

Vanities generate when you start a map and may be situated anywhere,so kill all mobs and open all chests.Every vanity has a probability of generation but its very low.

Market View:-

X-Ray Visor has the same probability of droping as Mechanical Man Helm has but in auctions its price is high because its demand is way higher that the supply.

As per my observations,the reting of vanities are as per....
    X-Ray Visor > Mechanical Man Helmet > Squid Buddy > Zany Glasses > Tragedy > Comedy
    and the coincidence is that the price of these vanities also follow the same sequence.

Hope this was helpful..Wish you Good luck.

*May be totaly wrong i am not the developer lol.
    **As per my observations,need confirmation though.
    Last edited by Defyduck; 10-24-2011 at 12:23 PM. Reason: some errors

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Defyduck For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Defyduck View Post
    Ok saw my 3rd vanity drop 30 hrs ago from now.

1) Mechanical Man Helmet----> 2 Months ago (2nd week of numa release maybe,dont remember).In Numa Prime lvl5 near the last set of flowers before Gaurdian(from a mob).
    2) Comedy------> First week of slouch-o release.In Slouch-o lvl2 in the entrence of the place where engineer bonus room is(from a mob).
    3) Zany Glasses-----> First week of shipyard release.In Shipyard lvl2 in front of the commando bonus room(from a mob).

# My predictions:-

1 )Any vanity has chance of droping in Delta 7/Numa Prime/Slouch-o/Shipyard.
    2) Mobs or small enemies only drop vanities.**!*
    3) No vanity drops pre-Delta.** *!*

Vanities generate when you start a map and may be situated anywhere,so kill all mobs and open all chests.Every vanity has a probability of generation but its very low.

Market View:-

X-Ray Visor has the same probability of droping as Mechanical Man Helm has but in auctions its price is high because its demand is way higher that the supply.

As per my observations,the reting of vanities are as per....
    X-Ray Visor > Mechanical Man Helmet > Squid Buddy > Zany Glasses > Tragedy > Comedy
    and the coincidence is that the price of these vanities also follow the same sequence.

Hope this was helpful..Wish you Good luck.

*May be totaly wrong i am not the developer lol.
    **As per my observations,need confirmation though.
    Nice observation Defy! Great job!

Two sections I have highlighted with *!* may be a little off. The scrap/tramp mini boss guy had dropped a vanity (X-Ray) in beta, also it has been rumoured that the vanity have dropped in Cycorps/Pirates though this has not been caught photographically (Screenshot )

Great addition that well help Ephem!

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Indeed, thanks to Slant, Defy, and Bod!

BTW, Defy, I'm glad that you agree with my "rarity" ranking.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    ... so seeing through those things, and from multiple sources, these seem to be the best maps for vanities - dmc for delta...
    By chance, do you recall which vanities you've seen drop from DMC? I've not heard of many pre-Numa vanities, so I certainly welcome some more information on that front.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I've updated the main post with today's feedback (thanks, again, guys!). This latest round of responses has led me to revise my hypothesis section quite a bit (so please take a gander and let me know what you think). I think that we may be on to something...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Indeed, thanks to Slant, Defy, and Bod!

BTW, Defy, I'm glad that you agree with my "rarity" ranking.

By chance, do you recall which vanities you've seen drop from DMC? I've not heard of many pre-Numa vanities, so I certainly welcome some more information on that front.
    I have never seen a vanity drop in Delta 7 but heard two people got Mechanical Man Helm and a Squid Buddy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

I observed when i saw vanities droping it was the time just after the update and at that time all of us try to lvl as fast as possible so as i did.May be the chance of vanity droping is more when you play continous and regular.

Who receives vanity?

Its NOT random.Yes,the person who kills the enemy or mob carrying the vanity receives it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BodMaster View Post
    Nice observation Defy! Great job!

Two sections I have highlighted with *!* may be a little off. The scrap/tramp mini boss guy had dropped a vanity (X-Ray) in beta, also it has been rumoured that the vanity have dropped in Cycorps/Pirates though this has not been caught photographically (Screenshot )

Great addition that well help Ephem!
    Yes i also heard someone getting a vanity though in cycorps and it may be possible who knows.Omg X-Ray in BETA!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Just read through OP, think you have done a great job with this! (Its the place I refer people to when Vanities are mentioned) though I have a little more info.. please read below

* The X-Ray Visor, Mechanical Man Helmet, and Squid Buddy have all been looted in D7 and Numa since the release of the Numa campaign. I have never seen any concrete proof of these three vanities dropping beyond Numa (i.e., in Slouch-O and SY).
    Im going to throw a spanner in the works re. above statement (Trust that 'Canon') the person in question had a Mech Helm in the first day (or few days) of release SY! Not sure if it was stated what area but she definitely had her first Vanity drop. Please confirm with her, though im 100% sure it was in SY.

Quote Originally Posted by Defyduck View Post

I observed when i saw vanities droping it was the time just after the update and at that time all of us try to lvl as fast as possible so as i did.May be the chance of vanity droping is more when you play continous and regular.
    Maybe another thought is that the probability of the vanities dropping are raised a little for new content. (Sneaky Sneaky)

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Mechanical Man, from the last mob on the left side and XRay from the last mob on the left side, both dmc, dmc is my fav map and ive levelled 6 alts from 14-22 there, two drops only and that too for others but same location

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BodMaster View Post
    Im going to throw a spanner in the works re. above statement (Trust that 'Canon') the person in question had a Mech Helm in the first day (or few days) of release SY! Not sure if it was stated what area but she definitely had her first Vanity drop. Please confirm with her, though im 100% sure ....
    Did I hear my name taken in vain? *shakes head oh, so sadly* Au contraire, mon frere. It dropped in Numa. I think I mentioned that when we spoke afterwards but your mind was on other things.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

After talking with Canon, a Mechanical Man Helmet was NOT looted from SY. My theory still stands.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts

Great info however , due to the fact of the lack of data available we wont be able to predict as to where the exact location drops are, however we could perhaps make a survey and get rough estimates ?