Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Winter Event Feedback Request

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Default Winter Event Feedback Request

Hey folks, Winter wraps up tomorrow, and we would like to know your thoughts.

- Was it too long/ short?
    - How was the Energy crafting time?
    - How challenging were the Leaderboard requirements?
    - How were the rewards?
    - What other feedback do you have?

This year we are going to be buffing out some of our minor events (more on this later). Your feedback will help us make them awesome!

Thanks,

- g
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Justg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    227 Posts

Long live arcane legends!

If your removing the energy then i suggest crafting time should be around 30mins or so?

Event was timed nicely but i think alot are unhappy with the duration because of green alor being so common drop.

The rewards ill be honest were not good at all plat tier reward isnt worth it no banner unlike gold tier i think last year got a frozen snow globe banner.

Cant wait to see the next event though iam excited on how energy will work this time around also excited for expansion too!

Kairi :3
    people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Pls make energy drop more n craft time like 30 mins n plat tier banners n better rewards would be nice n new pets not just same made heroic 3 week event time is way better then the shorter ones in past was fun but trying to get to 28k points n sleep n have a life was a challage think it should be lower points

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    149 Posts

Too many points required for plat less is best less craft time for energy's I thought taking away our energy's was unfair I spent hours farming ess now we can't even keep them cause apparently it's a unfair advantage. the event was fun I looted artifact so I'm verry happy.more new artifacts heart for Lovecraft event in gold Lovecraft chest perhaps �� leaf artifact for Elon event in mass leaf chests perhaps ��

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbabysweets View Post
    Pls make energy drop more n craft time like 30 mins n plat tier banners n better rewards would be nice n new pets not just same made heroic 3 week event time is way better then the shorter ones in past was fun but trying to get to 28k points n sleep n have a life was a challage think it should be lower points

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk
    The event was not too long or short..... The duration was actually kind of on the money.....

If reaching plat tier is going to be this tedious, 30min - 45min max crafting time will be needed.... Also, clear information about the event needs to be available... A lack of this caused some to start grinding tiers late and, after the event had already reached midpoint, reaching plat tier was impossible....... Some weren't concerned with tiers at first but, after finding out we needed gold tier to use elixir, we got there and it's like you might as well go for plat after putting in all that time and effort but, we cannot reach plat tier now...... Kind of disappointing....

Leaderboard requirements were challenging at first because of misinformation.... Again, STS left out the fact that you need gold tier to use the elixir.......... Be clear about every aspect of the event (requirements for this, that, and the other, ETC.) and there should be no problems about understanding the challenge.... No need to have secrets......

Event token vendor prizes absolutely sucked........ Heroic breezaga as top token vendor item???? There are better NON heroic pets.... I know you aren't supposed to get "artifact" caliber prizes from the vendor but, heroic breezaga is just, no........ The "EVENT VENDOR" prizes for this event were horrible...... Just a bunch of crap to work towards.... The heroic Krampus, mass ice, and artifact are of course good prizes but, the event vendor's rewards were trash...... Just being honest......... The bronze and silver tier rewards were fair.... The gold and platinum tier rewards were not bad but, those crate tokens should have been plat..... Definitely a mistake giving tokens instead of plat....... Some people are just sitting on those tokens, plat for tier rewards is better because some have no use for crate tokens whereas, everyone has use for plat....

Oh, also.... 1500 vendor tokens to get the recipe for one of those vanity weapons was a bit ridiculous.... Additionally, do not make an elixir to increase the drop rate of an item that already drops very frequently...... Black ice weapons were falling good enough without the elixir, so no need to make a shadowspire elixir to increase the drop rate of that.... Instead, it would have been better to just give a chance to loot a large locked in addition to the green vanity, hero kramp, and amss ice......
    Last edited by Motherless_Child; 01-08-2018 at 01:52 PM.

Official Signature Of Dot Com Entertainment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

I think we can all agree when the moment an event offers the exact same stuff every single year, it gets too much.

This might be a negative way to start things off with but I believe the topics I will talk about below will highlight issues very clearly.

So, let's start with the tiers: Gold tier 8.4k points and Plat tier at 28k points. That was a really bad idea. The only people who managed to reach plat tier from what I witnessed are those who either ran leaderboard or those who spend over 3/4+ hours daily in game, which is not the bigger part of the community.

Then there's the tier rewards. While decent, i'd still say not it's worth it. 28k points just to get some hunter elixirs and a vanity set is totally not worth the big amount of time it takes to reach Plat tier.

Then there's the same loot from bosses, mostly referring to snowy eggs and such. A great addition to event bosses would be adding awakening gems, ankhs, respec scrolls, and such to the loot-table all these being non trade able so it only benefits the player who got lucky. Perhaps even an event specific fragment that you can buy small, not pricey items but very helpful in the long run items with, an example being the items mentioned previously. (Just an idea, this can be modified with the help of more forum members and devs and I believe this might make events more fun.)

There's also the lesser issues.. Brood or this events special boss called Shadowspire, his counter didn't work. The 5th event boss' (Ice Guardians) icon was not showing on the counter. Another issue was not being able to join party members in another brood map if you died in the current one, you had to remap manually. Hunter elix only working for gold tier was a bad idea and hunter elix working outside of maps, which inreaces the lix refresh rate but is a nasty way of doing so, among other smaller bugs.

Lastly, this might cause some issue but i'd still like to bring it forward again.
    Forged energy- Based on the points of the players on the event's leaderboard, it's very clear how little impact forged energy has competitively.
    I only seem to see the benifits in forged energy, which I mentioned in my deleted thread but i'll mention some of the benifits again.
    Alot of people do not have the time to farm energy essense and run event to hit plat tier or such. Stockpiling forged energy is one of the only solutions to this, especially during such long events where Plat tier required 28k points. Competitively speaking, stockpiled forged kits only have a small advantage early game. Look at the current state of leaderboard for example, all those in the top 5 or even top 10 those are the well known plat users. Look at the difference in event points between them and the players who stockpiled forged energy. People who spend hours and hours stockpiling energy do almost the same as farming gold in mausoleum to buy event kits with. The only difference is other than kits being more expensive, it's all about how something is proposed. To me some rare item from.. let's say a lock, is way less valuable than something you have to grind materials for and invest lots of time to get. Yes some may say to farm gold to do it but it doesn't give the same feeling of accomplishment.

Overall I feel like I've mentioned most of the issues that myself, and most likely many other players have. Hope my feedback helps
    Last edited by Abuze; 01-08-2018 at 01:57 PM.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Abuze For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

The lb rewards where kinda bad

Sent from my SM-N900R4 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

3 Weeks is too long. 2 week is best ( I ran LB few times)

I honestly think the energy crafting time is fine as it is. But in all fairness, I generally use tradable energy and tend to craft them from essence dropped from boss instead of farming. I think a reduction to 1-1:30h is better. Anything below that will be horrendous for LB.

The drop rate is fine but I think it will be a bad idea to reduce forging time and buff energy essence drop rates. Change one. Preferable forging time

This LB run was Crazy compared to last year. Most people usually stop running LB around mid-end second week but this one has been very competitive and people ran throughout. I think this is because the banner compliments the Tree set for mages and holiday season.

Definitely a Big NO to 3 week Major events. It gets really boring. I think 2 weeks is enough and best ( It doesn't get old).

- How were the rewards?

I have yet to checkout the wings but at the end of day, it all comes down to aura. So will see how the particle effect is to comment further. I really like how the banner is now awarded to Top 50 rather than top 25.

Platinum tier was not worth it this event. I think a banner and a title should always be rewarded at this. Preferable a significantly debuffed version of LB banner especially if other events have 15-30k points.

Gold tier was good but the crate keys were no use to most players but shadow elixir is apprecited

My overall feedback for this:
    1. Reduce time for forged energy between 1-2h.
    2. 3 weeks events are too long
    3. Plat tier points is too high and reward is not respectable for amount of effort
    4. The points this LB are crazyyyy.
    5. I like AL; Keep up the good work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

1: time wasnt bad but would have liked to have brood possible right away. Didn't like the "start, wait for other update, then play" thing

2: took lil too long and the drop rate was nice enough that I couldn't keep up on crafting

3:literally beyond my ability to work full time and do even if I bought plat like mad

4: I'm not a fan of recolors but ppl like it it seemed. Pets weren't great stat wise. Chests don't seem great

5: increase craft time eliminate competitive crafting materials dropping ( the reason the bar didn't move much) more new token items

Ps thx
    Cheers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    167 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post

- How were the rewards?

This year we are going to be buffing out some of our minor events (more on this later). Your feedback will help us make them awesome!

Thanks,

- g
    I wish i could play AL but it lags a lot in my data but winter event was nice

Sent from my SM-G530H using Tapatalk
    I am not a king who rules but a servant who serves - D.G

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

- How were the rewards?

Thanks,

- g
    1. Length good.

2. Energy craft time too long, not enough crafting slots.

3. I didn’t run for leaderboard so I can’t comment.

4. Artifact drop was the best reward, I don’t think it was fair that you had to be gold tier. The vendor vanities are pretty cool. The rest of the stuff really didn’t interest me.

5. I think brood should awaken at least 3 times in 24 hours to give casual players a better chance to run it.

There was a lot of people quitting brood if they felt like they didn’t have a good party, it was very frustrating. I would recommend taking a look at the health of the brood dragon.

Thanks for putting these events on, overall they are fun!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

- How were the rewards?

Thanks,

- g
    Event length was a little long, hard to play that much during holidays.

If energies are to be deleted, craft time needs to be cut way down.

Can't comment on lb, but many people myself included didn't even make it to plat tier. This was the first event where I didn't make it to plat tier purely because 28k points was insane for many. It didn't come with a title nor a banner this year.

Artifacts, green arlors were the best rewards, but it was also high cost with the elixirs. I'm okay with it though, but it caused a lot of drama when players who don't have high wealth witnessed others around them looting such items while themselves running down to their last dime.
    Token rewards were nice too, wished the sprite dropped guaranteed tokens like the Halloween one did. Love how heroic pets are obtainable this way and the mise sets look fantastic.

I greatly appreciate this event as the blue artifacts are the prettiest and also finally affordable arlors. Can't remember the last time I saw arlor sets for 1m although only for warriors! I also appreciate that no repeat plat/gold tier banners or prizes repeated. Last year was really sad when I saw a previous plat tier banner become a gold tier banner with no visual difference. Moving on in the future, I think it's best to have original items, but if need be at the very minimum recolor something so that it doesn't look exactly the same. Looking forward to green arlor sets for mages and maybe a blue one for rogues next year.

Great job STS, overall I along with many others enjoyed the event.
    Last edited by Kakashis; 01-08-2018 at 04:03 PM.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

- How were the rewards?

Thanks,

- g
    1) i personally think the event was ok , not too short not too long

2) energy crafting time was also good

3) well the leaderboards have always been challenging ,ive never been to one so no idea .

4) the silver tier and gold tier rewards were complete crap, zero use literally..wouldve loved to have some mythic jewellery or some good heroic pet at gold tier or plat tier.

5) i was expecting alot from shadowspire vanities but was disappointed to see they"re just recolored from the last year. kindly focus on less content but quality content.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

- How were the rewards?

Thanks,

- g
    -3 weeks is a good lenght
    -it was fine but hard to craft other things like flamestones at the same time.
    -didn't run lb
    -tier rewards/token vendor were not that good but brood loot was very good!
    -add 100 crafting slots that can be bought with plat/balance tokens and make them tradeable this would let us craft energy and other things at the same time during events.
    -Warriors were not needed on brood at all mages and rogues did 90% of the damage, it was ok for me because i had lots of mages/rogues to run with but some warriors didn't.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

*i think 3 weeks for winter event is a good time frame since it falls during holidays which gives us time to grind in event and spend time with family and friends for the holidays as well.

*energy crafting time is alright but hopefully with the removal of forged energy in the next events this will be adjusted to somehow help the players that cant afford to buy energy kits.
    i must say that the rate of essences for this event is decent. with the removal of forged energy im looking forward that event greater crates can drop energy kits and chance for energy points after killing event bosses can drop just like the old times.

*LB is always challenging imo but i must say that the points required for this event (plat tier) is bit high.

*tier rewards are lil mehhhh. also i wish there are more items to choose from in event token vendor. if possible make the crate recipe atleast stashable too.
    i got confused with the LB rewards also coz in the event guide in forum it says top 5 gets exquisite order jewel but when you click on event board it says precise order jewel.

*other feedback would be the boss counter (last boss icon) not working. it doesnt make sense also why shadow elixir's time is still running even outside map. hopefully next time if you loot a crate from event boss it would look like a crate not an egg.

overall i am happy with the event, there are minor errors but didnt stop me from enjoying the event.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Was it too long/short?
    Nah, 3 weeks was fine. I wouldn't do 3 weeks for every major event - only winter one primarily because more people have time off work/school to actually play. I'd say stick to 2 weeks for all other major events and 3 for winter.

How was the Energy crafting time?
    2 hours per craft was fine for most other events where the point requirements weren't so high. I imagine that the point requirements were bumped up because you wanted everybody to use up their hoarded energies from the last event. I get that, but there does need to the realization that not everybody hoarded 500 crafted energies from the previous event. For the players (myself included) who did not hoard event energy, the 28k plat tier requirement was a bit high, considering the 2 hour crafting time. My suggestion is either keep the 2 hour crafting time and lower the point requirement for tiers in the future, or keep the points the same and lower the crafting time. I'd honestly prefer the lower crafting time, myself, because when I actually do run to farm event energy I often find myself getting 15 essences, starting a craft, getting another 15 essences then waiting an hour and 30 minutes for crafting to finish before starting the next cycle of crafting... would love it if crafting was lowered to allow for a constant stream of farming/crafting. That might even make LB competitive for non-plat users, too.

How Challenging were the Leaderboard requirements?
    I'm assuming this is to actually be on top 50... I didn't run for lb spot so I don't really know, but it looked like there was the usual level of competitiveness - the hardcore players who are retired irl got to play 24/7 and guarantee themselves a spot and the rest get together to tie on top lb spots in order to make more rewards available. The real "challenging" part is for non-plat users having the 2 hour crafting time (see above). I get that plat energy generates revenue and all that but it might be more fun to see how lb goes with a lower crafting time. We might actually see some new names on the board.

How were the rewards?
    The actual event rewards for bronze/silver/gold/plat tier were "meh". Didn't care about them except gold tier unlocking the ability to use shadowspire elixirs.
    The loot drops from killing shadowspire were good. I liked that there was a boss that we could kill that actually dropped decent loot at a reasonable droprate - it was a fresh change of pace from the past couple expansions worth of updates. Having a boss drop a time-limited vanity set, heroic eggs, or (with elixir) an arcane artifact was awesome and definitely got a lot more people logging in just before brood was about to wake up - though unfortunately they just logged right back out after brood was done. I would suggest adding this type of thing in the future and have a time-gated awakening instead of community-based opening. Full disclosure: I did loot some good stuff, so I am biased towards liking the boss.

What other feedback do you have?
    Mostly just the energy point above. I have no issue with the removal of free energy after the event is over, because I've never actually cared to keep energy after an event anyway. Creating a level playing field (with the exception of people hoarding plat-energy) is fine. It would just be really nice to have either faster crafting for energy or lower points to reach the tiers now that we are all starting at 0.

Edit: Oh now that I think of it, I do have some feedback that wasn't mentioned above... Please inform us players of these drops from bosses instead of hoping we find out by surprise. I saw no mention of anything anywhere related to how to obtain the winter arcane artifact nor did I even see the arcane artifact mentioned anywhere. This lead to much confusion and frustrating points where people were spreading misinformation about them. Having a credible, reliable source for information such as "Shadowspire elixirs are required to add arcane artifact to Shadowspire's drop table." would be very much appreciated. We look to the forums for this information from an official developer post, but usually we end up finding it in some random person's screen shot they took by phone of their computer screen that is very blurry and you can barely make out. This information, in my opinion, should be stated in an official manner via developer posts on the forums.

Also, please fix the counter for special bosses in future events. The boss a tier above syrillax never went beyond 0 because he didn't exist this event.
    Last edited by DarrenPR; 01-08-2018 at 08:46 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

In response

Good length

Too long, especially when you consider you will delete unused crafted energy. And fact you had to craft energy and eggs got too much

For me challenging as I cant play 4+ hours daily, so never hit gold tier

- How were the rewards?
    Okay in my opinion.

Its been stated before, but more information on what things do and how to use them. I started getting dragon scales at start and there was zero info on what they were used for and was unable to use them for good 5 days.

Also I have bunch of black ice weapon items in my crafting inventory but cant seem to use them. Again cant find any information on how to use them.

If you add stuff please add explaination on what they are for and how to use please

But overall a really enjoyable campaign - thanks!

Somewhere beyond and between here and nowhere...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

- How were the rewards?

Thanks,

- g
    Thank you very much for this thread

• Personally I like events that are 2weeks long. Keeps it tight to reach the goal, and maintains the economy.

• I would really appreciate if you can reduce the crafting time to 1hr, and make essence drop such that at-least 20 to 30 essence can be farmed in same time.

• I leave it to the LB guys, I didn't run for it.

• I liked the vanity you guys designed, it was cool. But, other than that I did not find any other item worth the tokens. Token shop is a motivation to run the event. For eg. I continued playing the Ursoth event even after reaching plat tier, to bag an extra Hero little bear egg. I played winter event till gold tier to get the cute rudolf egg. After that there was no motivation, so basically I only played 1 week of 3weeks of event.

Most of the 2017 event rewards were a let down, compared to the cool rewards from past years. I mean just look at Yeti, Golem, Medusa, Para stones and all those cool banners. Please make banners for every tier in events, keeping the plat tier banner 2nd best to LB.

• Please don't keep platinum tier as it was in winter event going forward. Please keep it reachable.
    Retired
    Tired of Dead Guilds & Offline FL? Click Here!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

All in all you guys did a wonderful job. I believe the energy crafting time is the most trending topic you will have but awards, loot items, and tier points brings back the old al where events are challenging again thanks again guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Tackled For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Was it too long/ short?
    - How was the Energy crafting time? Long considering tier requirements. I am lucky I have good friends that run lb and boost me to plat, but I think was too long. I had to set clock alarm to remember craft each 2 hours....
    - How challenging were the Leaderboard requirements? Didn’t run lb
    - How were the rewards? For tiers they weren’t good at all. Big effort to reach gold and plat. I love plat vanity but for 28k points I would expect something more. Especially when gold tier in other events was easy and rewarded with good heroic pet.
    Tokens rewards: few (3 weeks events I think should have more possibility to soend tokens) and heroic pet wasn’t very attractive. I also suggest to have cap on tokens higher then what you need to buy....I don’t like wasting my tokens....
    Lenght of the event, time to craft, rewards....all is relative. Main question is : did I had fun running event? Honestly my answer is no. I really wanted the plat tier vanity and took me around 2 weeks of hard farm for essences, alarm-clock craft and luck with lb runners party invitations to reach that. Is a tier, not a competitive lb run....I think should be more easy and fun to reach for average player.
    My impression was that brood dragon had some sympathy around AL. Multiple drops for same people in the same “luck” conditions then others that had nothing. I run once, had no fun, stopped running.
    Fun in my opinion is the key.
    Btw thanks for your effort and also thanks for this thread. I like the interest!
    If there would be a competition for stupidity, I would be second. Cause I’m stupid