Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My ideas as requested by Javi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

Default My ideas as requested by Javi

In my thread http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...-we-gotta-talk javier suggested i throw my ideas into the lions cage to be chewed up and mulled over. Here they are.

All my ideas are for possible endgame campaigns or early game campaigns that could be added as elite dungeons (like the sand caves):

1. Roman or Greek Campaign- You all remember how mythology made its debut in PL in the Alien Oasis trilogy. Alien Oasis is regarded as the highlight of design in STS's career by many forumers and ingame players alike. Why not bring mythology back into the fray? I know i love it, especially ancient greek and roman theology. Think about it, white marble columns throughout the map, an open light colored surrounding area, weapons and armors to go with the history behind it: spatha's, ridiculously long spears (such as the ones used in the greek Phalanx), man skirts! And of course we cant forget the mobs, something simple but doable could be Satyrs that have had one too many glasses of wine. Examples of bosses could be the Minotaur (not vinny taur recycled from the Dark Forest campaign), Dionysus (greek god of wine for those of you who are mythologically impaired) to match the drunken satyrs! Im certain you can see where im going with this.

2. Submarine Campaign- Think, all seems to be well in Alterra, the Overlord has been probed, the Sewers cleansed, all life above the waves has been calmed. But below all kinds of crap has gone down! The dreaded Fish Spawn have taken control of the undersea kingdom of Aquaria! To answer the call our brave soldiers don a set of gills provided by the local towne crier to quell the situation. In our struggle we find allies among the wreckage, a spunky fish known as terry tuna, and even an enemy unit turned friend, Seymore the Catfish. In order to better fight these new adversaries we arm ourselves with all kinds of wacky apparel, Swordfish, Flying Fish Talons, Electric Eel Staffs, anything you can think an underwater warrior could need, they've got.

3. Heavenly Campaign- Hallelujah Hallelujah, these are the sounds that used to be heard before the dastardly monsters took over the hallowed grounds of Eden! The angelic monasteries have all but stomped into dust and help is direly needed. And to make matters worse, some of the Heavenly Royal Guard have betrayed their fellow people and joined the Devil's Army! Now into the technical side of the possible campaign. There are already wings that can be given to the angelic warrior mobs, the ones on the premium archer gear. This campaign does give me the greatest amount of trouble with thinking up gear that can be used however.

Let me know what you guys think of these possible campaigns.

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lowlyspy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Ok, I gotta say that...I LOVE the Greek/Roman idea. (Percy Jackson fan) It would be awesome IF the devs made all new items, yes, even the lower rarity ones like they did with the AO trilogy.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default lowly

Hmm lowly i love the ideas and I believe romus and remulas in dark forest town are Greek mythology to? Correct if wrong not completely sure

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

yes they are help. That actually might make a decent way to tie the roman/greek campaign in as an elite campaign for that level.

EDIT: well technically Remus and Romulus are roman mythology, i believe there is a greek equivalent of the two of them tho.

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

What about a blackstar portal?? Where PL players get sucked up to blackstar to help in the fight for intergalactic peace!
    Kaytar

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Ok, brilliant idea. Greek/Roman campaign.-Lord Zues has sent you to make peacr between the warring Greek and Roman camps. You could face gods that have become traitors.

Ah...inspiration is tingling at my fingertips.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kaytar:502229
    What about a blackstar portal?? Where PL players get sucked up to blackstar to help in the fight for intergalactic peace!
    Idk about that, I think it would actually get kinda tacky for that to happen :\

Down With the Rep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lowlyspy View Post
    In my thread http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...-we-gotta-talk javier suggested i throw my ideas into the lions cage to be chewed up and mulled over. Here they are.

All my ideas are for possible endgame campaigns or early game campaigns that could be added as elite dungeons (like the sand caves):

1. Roman or Greek Campaign- You all remember how mythology made its debut in PL in the Alien Oasis trilogy. Alien Oasis is regarded as the highlight of design in STS's career by many forumers and ingame players alike. Why not bring mythology back into the fray? I know i love it, especially ancient greek and roman theology. Think about it, white marble columns throughout the map, an open light colored surrounding area, weapons and armors to go with the history behind it: spatha's, ridiculously long spears (such as the ones used in the greek Phalanx), man skirts! And of course we cant forget the mobs, something simple but doable could be Satyrs that have had one too many glasses of wine. Examples of bosses could be the Minotaur (not vinny taur recycled from the Dark Forest campaign), Dionysus (greek god of wine for those of you who are mythologically impaired) to match the drunken satyrs! Im certain you can see where im going with this.

2. Submarine Campaign- Think, all seems to be well in Alterra, the Overlord has been probed, the Sewers cleansed, all life above the waves has been calmed. But below all kinds of crap has gone down! The dreaded Fish Spawn have taken control of the undersea kingdom of Aquaria! To answer the call our brave soldiers don a set of gills provided by the local towne crier to quell the situation. In our struggle we find allies among the wreckage, a spunky fish known as terry tuna, and even an enemy unit turned friend, Seymore the Catfish. In order to better fight these new adversaries we arm ourselves with all kinds of wacky apparel, Swordfish, Flying Fish Talons, Electric Eel Staffs, anything you can think an underwater warrior could need, they've got.

3. Heavenly Campaign- Hallelujah Hallelujah, these are the sounds that used to be heard before the dastardly monsters took over the hallowed grounds of Eden! The angelic monasteries have all but stomped into dust and help is direly needed. And to make matters worse, some of the Heavenly Royal Guard have betrayed their fellow people and joined the Devil's Army! Now into the technical side of the possible campaign. There are already wings that can be given to the angelic warrior mobs, the ones on the premium archer gear. This campaign does give me the greatest amount of trouble with thinking up gear that can be used however.

Let me know what you guys think of these possible campaigns.

Yes! I would LOVE a Greek Mythology campaign! Bears could have poseidon's trident, mages have Zeus's bolt, and birds can have...I'm not sure lol. Drunk satyrs? Awesome!

Underwater campaign would be awesome!

Last one would be awesome!

These ideas are really awesome!

(I'm Percy Jackson fan too )

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

[QUOTE=Lowlyspy;502236]
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaytar:502229
    Idk about that, I think it would actually get kinda tacky for that to happen :\[/QUOTE

Meh it would be cool but yea kinda tacky seems like it wouldn't last very long

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

OMG HECK YEAH! For the underwater one, our players wouldn't walk around, we would swim in the water, fighting enemies that way!
    IGN: Mastercon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Awesome ideas! Who's Javier tho? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by urquidez:502254
    *Thumbs Up*
    Awesome Idea!!
    Omg I can just imagine it

Idk how to make this image show lol

Before the link put (IMG) and then after it put (/IMG) replace the () with [ ].

Also when you go to the picture to get the direct link, get the one that says image instead. All you have to do is post it, putting into the image format is already done.

There's the pic btw.
    http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb418/javier995/132ba71b.jpg
    When the sky falls, when it crumbles,
    we will stand tall, and face it all together.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

OMG is that tien with wings?!

Down With the Rep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lowlyspy:502283
    OMG is that tien with wings?!
    Looks like it lol. No third eye tho.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Great ideas, was thinking of a sea or beach one myself as well xD
    Great minds think alike lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elyseon:502294
    Great ideas, was thinking of a sea or beach one myself as well xD
    Great minds think alike lol
    First lvl can be the beach, you fight your way yo the submarine. Once you kill the boss, it could say "Danger: Animals will be killed if they're seen in here" and you can have the choice to enter or leave back to town or something. Just my $0.02

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Thumbs up Excellent suggestions Low

My bear wants a trident!!!! Poseidon's reward for saving his domain!

My mage wants an uber lightning bolt (i know we have lightning wands/staffs already) preferably a high voltage output for damage lighting up the enemies before they dis integrate to ashes! Zeus's gift to us for saving his domain!

Or something like that but mythology is still very relevant today. Prometheus released recently (i think) The Percy Jackson book series. I mean STS is riding the vamp bandwagon with DL so why not add some fresh content that is still in mainstream entertainment/media!!

Thumbs up Lowly!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Need to find out why the majical barriers have started to collapse around Alterra and evil warlords are starting to attack! I still remember the main story.
    Good ideas! I was thinking of an underwater one for a while.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Great! Pls add "the samurai temple dungeon"

Life is a game, boy. Life is a game that one plays according to the rules. J. D. Salinger The Catcher in the Rye
    Primary IGN: Elfwarden

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Nice ideas! These would be great if they were listened to by STS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Percy jackson fan

Quote Originally Posted by Cascade View Post
    Ok, I gotta say that...I LOVE the Greek/Roman idea. (Percy Jackson fan) It would be awesome IF the devs made all new items, yes, even the lower rarity ones like they did with the AO trilogy.
    lol me too
    Rosalio L.68

Schoolboy L.54