Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: New jewel farming system, ideas, toughts..what to change and what to keep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    239 Posts

Exclamation New jewel farming system, ideas, toughts..what to change and what to keep

Ok first of all for me was wrong changing jewel farming saying "fixing exploit". Actually players, for several years only found a way to maximize the jewel farm, trough your system, that you decided.
    The way it was made, for like 3 years made the price of jewels fixed, almost all the same trough years, balanced and accessible for all kind of players:
    -the poor players could afford fortified/excellent tier jewel
    -the average players could afford a superb/noble tier jewel
    -the richest players the precise tier jewel.
    I think this was the right way jewel economy had to work.

That said, I'm not against new changes but there are few problems needs to be adjusted to make this new farming worth, without destroying jewel economy. I think the biggest mistake for this change is that you destroied a way for players to make gold, infact, when you introduced gold loot farm, jewel farming was the last alternative for average players to make gold during daily farming (not considering events).

In my opinion it's fine the way it is: dropping jewels elixir from endgame bosses and fine aswell you doubled its duration (extended to 30 mins).
    It is also fine that you can drop jewels from mobs and bosses based on your level and awarded jewel by killing an enemy.
    If I checked well you can now drop jewels from:
    Deepmarsh
    Mogera lair
    Valley gates and its elite portals
    Elite krypt (mausoleum)
    Hauntlet
    The problem is that chance is extremely low, almost inexistent I would say..

Consider that we can only drop cracked, damaged and weak jewels, which from water (the cheapest) to finesse (the most expensive) the max we can get is roughly 1k gold (weak finesse).
    Now is this new change a way to destroy jewel farming? If no, you should really make some big changes, here my idea:
    Scale every 5 levels the tier of jewels you can drop from mobs/bosses:

71-76 fortified jewel (and its lower jewels)
    66-70 standard jewels (and its lower jewels)
    56-65 weak jewels (and its lower jewels)
    41-55 cracked and damaged jewels (and its lower jewels)

Make the drop chance rarer as the jewel worth more but in my opinion, as it is right now, jewel drop rate must be increased so so much.

Comments and toughts Arlor..give here your ideas to implement jewel farming system or correct anything if im wrong!
    P.s. I m not a jewel farmer so its nothing would benefit me, just I think this is something should be changed
    P.s 2: condelence to glint aegis owners lol

Have a nice day!
    Last edited by Willl; 06-20-2020 at 08:34 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ya will is right

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

This supposed “fixing the exploit” has ruined the jewel farming that was working just fine.

Here is my experience:

I had to quit AL few times bc of reasons such as work and moving from country to country etc.
    And when I come back or had little time, I could at least earn gold by farming jewels and selling them. Didn’t make millions but at least from the stable jewel price I could at least earn a few hundred K after finishing 2-3 elix and crafting them whole day. Even then I had to create warrior toon that I was bad at playing and invested in gears to farm jewels.
    Nowadays I don’t farm jewels much because I have time during quarantine, but when work starts, many people will go back to their daily “normal” lives. And try to earn as much as we can while feeding our family.
    Jewel farming helped me to not to get left too behind from others, but now that it’s changed like this, all I can do is farm gold as much as I can do before life goes back to normal and prioritize work.

If sts is looking for solutions please make the drop rate better like Will mentioned above.

Ty~ stay safe ~ be Pewfect~

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Narana.Solarie For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    593 Posts

First off it wasn’t balanced at all. Only warrior n mage with particular gears n pet were successful. Imo if jewel farmers weren’t so greedy with prices, ppl wouldn’t have complained. I was happy enuff buying from auction til prices skyrocketed. So I feel those farmers shot themselves in the foot and now we are all screwed. That’s my view like it or not.
    I’m rubber and you’re glue, what bounces off me, sticks on you..
    Stop assuming my posts are emotional. I don’t care that much.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Oakmaiden For This Useful Post:

ree

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    239 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oakmaiden View Post
    First off it wasn’t balanced at all. Only warrior n mage with particular gears n pet were successful. Imo if jewel farmers weren’t so greedy with prices, ppl wouldn’t have complained. I was happy enuff buying from auction til prices skyrocketed. So I feel those farmers shot themselves in the foot and now we are all screwed. That’s my view like it or not.

Balanced I meant the economy (jewel prices been stable for so so long). For the old jewel farm it was only necessary make a warrior lv 66, I don't think that was too hard. Anyway I didn't ask who's fault for this changement (to avoid any fight on forum xD) just how to make this new system working, cause as you said, jewel prices will skyrocket cause, as for now, there s no way to farm them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    593 Posts

The economy was hyper inflated by the farmers prices. Where’s the “balance “ in that? Oh I get it.... the balance in their bank accounts. Rofl.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Oakmaiden For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Rogues can farm them too u know. All class can jewel farm it's just maybe destined that warriors took the best place to jewel farm because wars can tank dmg and do little dmg to enemies. I tried all class for jewel farm and it is good but before the nerf of jewel farm mage and rogues just dont get profit from doing jewel farm. Since when did the price of jewels skyrocket? Ive been jewel farming for the past 3 months and it never did for a fact the price is going down. Mostly weak fury 1k-1.3k, weak mind 1.1k-1.5k, weak fin 2.5-3k that was for a long time but when awake event was coming the prices went down so quickly. It went weak fury 900-1.2k, weak mind 1.1-1.3k, weak fin 1.9k-2.3k. I dont see where we jewel farmers being greedy to rise prices, the prices are from u consumers of our jewels. If low consumers the prices will go down, it is just supply and demand kind of thing. And now that jewel farm is dead then i know for sure jewel prices will skyrocket for real because nobody will farm it and players will have to farm their own. I already uninstalled the game because of this nerf so idk the prices of jewels this time. Also, if u will just reply to me that i'm crying and ranting that my jewel farm is dead my reply is yes, I am ranting because I just lost 130+m on jewel farm and now I cant sell those back with the same price thanks to the nerf.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Nu.exe For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    593 Posts

I use to buy cracks 200 gold and weaks at 2k. Never paid more than 600k for a noble.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

RIP all jewel farming. Lix prices are going down but no one will buy cause they don't work anymore. I just tried some lixes with my jewel farming tank and in 4 minutes got zero jewels, only got dark and light powders. I left when I saw that no jewels were dropping not even cracked. If you think jewel prices were high before just wait cause now they will cost much more. I had to laugh when I saw lixes were dropping in other maps cause they don't even work now because of your changes. Good timing!

Why not make it that the other classes can farm jewels effectively instead of penalizing those that farm jewels with zero return. We paid a lot to get the gear to farm jewels.

Doubling the elixir time to 30 minutes makes no difference if no jewels drop. I sort of thought it was a bug that the drops were nerfed to zero but will wait to see if this was intentional.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I use to buy cracks 200 gold and weaks at 2k. Never paid more than 600k for a noble.
    I sell weak fin for 1.9k each sometime but mostly 2k(before the nerf) and 2.4k(weeks ago). U gotta understand that mostly jewel farmers just get normal gears for farming while us who sell straightly to our buyers sell it for your price. I sell it straight to my buyers because I'm all good with my profits which will make those farmers who are selling their jewels in auc sell faster.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crystalwiz View Post
    RIP all jewel farming. Lix prices are going down but no one will buy cause they don't work anymore. I just tried some lixes with my jewel farming tank and in 4 minutes got zero jewels, only got dark and light powders. I left when I saw that no jewels were dropping not even cracked. If you think jewel prices were high before just wait cause now they will cost much more. I had to laugh when I saw lixes were dropping in other maps cause they don't even work now because of your changes. Good timing!

Why not make it that the other classes can farm jewels effectively instead of penalizing those that farm jewels with zero return. We paid a lot to get the gear to farm jewels.

Doubling the elixir time to 30 minutes makes no difference if no jewels drop. I sort of thought it was a bug that the drops were nerfed to zero but will wait to see if this was intentional.
    Timekeeper map is a dead map now dont even think of jewel farming for now coz it wont give us profit. IMO the nerf is supposed to be for all class and it is to kill jewel farmers which will result for every player who have a plan to make jewels farm their own. Read it that even the devs dont have any sympathy if jewel farm is dead.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

In my opinion, the new system for jewel drops is fair for free to play players who cannot afford to buy jewels to upgrade their gears. The jewel gem and the jewel elix drop rate on the boss is pretty decent on the maps.

If players don't have the time to craft the jewels, then they can just instantly get one in the auction (that might cost more) if they are in a hurry to upgrade their gears.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trolzerkeinstein View Post
    In my opinion, the new system for jewel drops is fair for free to play players who cannot afford to buy jewels to upgrade their gears. The jewel gem and the jewel elix drop rate on the boss is pretty decent on the maps.

If players don't have the time to craft the jewels, then they can just instantly get one in the auction (that might cost more) if they are in a hurry to upgrade their gears.

IMO the update about jewel farming is for gold loot farmers they can farm it while farming gold. How about us who spend hundred mil on jewel farm? I know u dont know the feeling for us jewel farmers, how can players even farm them if they need high end gears to kill mobs? That is just contradicting the nerf is to kill us jewel farmers while it is a positive nerf for gold loot farmers and other players who have good gears to run maps.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nu.exe View Post
    IMO the update about jewel farming is for gold loot farmers they can farm it while farming gold. How about us who spend hundred mil on jewel farm? I know u dont know the feeling for us jewel farmers, how can players even farm them if they need high end gears to kill mobs? That is just contradicting the nerf is to kill us jewel farmers while it is a positive nerf for gold loot farmers and other players who have good gears to run maps.
    No disrespect, but if you have hundreds of millions invested in jewel farming as you mentioned above, why can't you just sell that gear to invest in gold loot and end-game gear instead? I think that's just a bit of an exaggeration that it cost you that much.

I have done jewel farming before in [ELITE] Tindirin map as a mage, and I would get at least 100k profit in 30 minutes. All I needed was flame forge staff and magma AA, which was very cheap at that time. Today, those gears are cheaper nowadays. Anyway, what I am trying to say is, you don't need expensive gear to jewel farm back then. Then again, I don't know how the other classes work when it comes to jewel farming, but there was a cheaper alternative. Also, that was a long long time ago, so forgive me I am wrong.

Lastly, you don't have to play higher level maps to jewel farm nowadays. I believe Hauntlet map drops jewels as well. I could be wrong. I apologize in advance if I am.
    Last edited by Trolzerkeinstein; 06-20-2020 at 01:56 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

No disrespect, but if you have hundreds of millions invested in jewel farming as you mentioned above, why can't you just sell that gear to invest in gold loot and end-game gear instead? I think that's just a bit of an exaggeration that it cost you that much.
    Because that gear is now useless and the price of it has greatly depreciated due to the new update.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I have done jewel farming before in [ELITE] Tindirin map as a mage, and I would get at least 100k profit in 30 minutes. All I needed was flame forge staff and magma AA, which was very cheap at that time. Today, those gears are cheaper nowadays. Anyway, what I am trying to say is, you don't need expensive gear to jewel farm back then. Then again, I don't know how the other classes work when it comes to jewel farming, but there was a cheaper alternative. Also, that was a long long time ago, so forgive me I am wrong.

Lastly, you don't have to play higher level maps to jewel farm nowadays. I believe Hauntlet map drops jewels as well. I could be wrong. I apologize in advance if I am.
    How will u sell gears if the price of it went down the well that fast? And who will buy them? I invested more on jewel farm because investing more will give me more profit than a normal jewel farmer (glint aegis, aa magma) the same as gold loot. Why should I run hauntlet for jewel farm if it wont give me profit? U guys are ok with gold loot farm because u guys dont know what we are feeling and it's affecting the game. No more gold to circulate around players, the update wants everyone to farm their own jewels instead of letting jewel farmers do it for them so they can buy it. Gold loot will just put poor players poorer because sts is killing all kinds of farming and just putting more effort to gold loot farmers and botters. Sure u have done jewel farming before but did u try now? how many profit did u get jewel farming now if i may ask? I'm not expecting all of a sudden that we are putting our efforts to our jewel farm as i expect to ur farming as well and STS will just throw us under the bus that quick. Jewel farm was years now and they will just say it it was an "exploit"? Why because they are introducing more weapons to us to take advantage of it for our farming? Is that illegal to make strategies out of weapons that are available to get? Btw im not exaggerating about investing 150m on my jewel farm so ill list it down for u and i'm hoping u might figure out the procs it gives.
    Full precise nature jewels, (glint aegis, tank gears including artifact) all op armor awakes, glint set, arc ripmaw(bought mine 3m), dozer axe(bought it 46m), hideout deed, forest location, 25/25 crafting slots(mostly 500k each), 8/8 hotbar(500k each too) and op ms awake gear. Dont compute the prices for today's prices because as i told u it went down. My expenses on my investment is i just consume 500 hp potions and way more crafted weak jewels while normal jewel farmers consume 1500-2000 hp potions and get 50-65 weak jewels all in 1 elix, now ill ask u is that illegal? Ill tell u also why i didnt invest anything to gold loot is because mostly gold loot farmers are pure toxic. Imagine just not having an end gear everyone will call u a nab and want u to leave the map or if ur stats doesnt pass their liking(my friends told me). Sure hauntlet gives jewels does that mean it is profitable? Dont talk like u know if u havent tried jewel farming after the nerfs on a warrior class. Why should I rant like this in the forums if they havent killed jewel farm? And opening hauntlet for jewel drops will just make botters happier and I despise botters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

May Jewel Farming and my Glint aegis rest in peace. Bought glint aegis a month ago to try jewel farming. Was a good 3 weeks before the nerf.
    Last edited by Koruto; 06-20-2020 at 09:27 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Any buff to jewel farming will destroy the jewel economy as well, since now elixirs are wayy cheaper and no specific gears are required so anyone can do it.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

@@ Its actually going to affect the FTP players the most. The Jewel Elix Price/# of jewels will cause players to hemorrhage gold.
    If the system isn't tended to by devs soon, within the next few months we may see the price of the jewels skyrocket.

Although this exploit wasn't intended, it worked!
    Usually, in video games there is no such thing as a "Good Exploit" but this is an extraordinary case. This system worked and did not negatively affect the economy.

It gave players who did not have Goldloot gears the opportunity to farm elite maps, open the gold runner chests and sell the jewel elixes they received.
    Now, the aforementioned players are left high and dry.

In a game as Rich and Diverse as AL that has a plethora of things to do, it would be a shame if there was only one way to make gold (aka farming evg&dm).
    Last edited by Sophiaaaa; 06-20-2020 at 09:52 PM.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sophiaaaa For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by umarrahim View Post
    Any buff to jewel farming will destroy the jewel economy as well, since now elixirs are wayy cheaper and no specific gears are required so anyone can do it.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk
    How will jewel elix go up in price if there are no jewel farmers to consume them? No specific gears? for a mage and rogues that are naturally have high dmg that is. Can u clear morgera lair and gates without arc gear?