Thread: My first T-Shirt Design - Spaceman

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts

Thanks girls and Red for reading that essay I appreciate the compliments and your time!

Quote Originally Posted by ArtStar View Post
    Wow lol that process is nuts it was like a story. Lololl I am pretty impressed, but I expected nothing less.
    Yeah I got a little carried away with the presentation Went back just now and reread it...only a few grammar errors in there, which is surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by RedRyder View Post
    Photoshop ain't no joke! This guy's on point. His process is exactly the way my professors taught me! What's your background? In terms of school and etc.? There's no way that you've obtained this knowledge on surfing the web alone
    Most of what I've learned, I taught myself. The way I do some things that I briefly summarized are much harder than the ways people with years of photoshop experience can do. I went on Adobe's website and watched every video that they have on techniques, then I just searched for tutorials or pictures of things I was interested in. Most of what I do is trial and error to see what works and what doesn't. Not the best way to do things cause I'll sometimes lose a layer or forget one is turned on and have little errors in places . I'm very disorganized, I really need to be better about naming my layers.

However I did go back to school for a semester for Web Design and Computer Graphics at UConn. Got a minor degree in that field and we did all of our work on photoshop, so my professor helped me out with things I wasn't sure of

Quote Originally Posted by Mrsberry View Post
    Amazing work!
    You are so talented.
    Good luck with the Tshirts.

Idk if this would be possible but had an image in my head when looking at this.
    The over sized space man standing on earth blocking a huge meteor with his hand keeping it from hitting the earth.
    The meteor could look like a big flameing disco ball. Lol me and my imagination
    Wow THAT would be an interesting shirt lol. Unfortunately I'm not the best at drawing freehand, so editing his hand out at another angle and have it be anatomically correct would be really hard for me. A flaming disco ball is a pretty awesome idea though I still need to decide what's in the background. I need to either decide on realism and stick with real space and nebulas, or go strictly for design and colors and start throwing in some fluorescent colors and splatters/brush stroke brushes.

Just saw that when I uploaded the image directly to the site it made it a jpeg. Changed out for a png from another image uploader...should add some quality back...and also make the parts I haven't completed yet seem more obvious lol...double edged sword.
    Last edited by Flowman; 05-26-2012 at 09:18 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Flowman For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flowman View Post
    Thanks girls and Red for reading that essay I appreciate the compliments and your time!
    Yeah I got a little carried away with the presentation Went back just now and reread it...only a few grammar errors in there, which is surprising.
    Well it was a nice read you put some serious thought into it and that's awesome. I've known quite a few people who have designed some shirts, but I'm not so sure they put this much thought into it. Lol they made pretty basic hipster stuff. Lolol and yeah only a few, but you could tell what you meant.
    A true Star Legend...
    |SL: Eng-Artstar, Op-Demoneyes, Comm-Skullflower|