Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: HUGE Halloween Event Coming Soon to Arcane Legends!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Give it up. It's a Ghost, like Casper. It's a traditional halloween costume. Seriously people will come up with anything to make drama, I swear.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Lol, ppl still cry about the mage vanity look?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium View Post
    Vanity it's tradeable. The banner it's not !
    Yes I know that.

Thats why im asking for it to be tradable.

In the standard leaderboard nonethical ways are discouraged by not awarding people with bound banners and thus can not be profitted from. It feels like event lbs are treated differently since its an event that generates income for the company on a different scale and rewards players with something of value. So what is the justification of not making both banner and vanity tradable. Most likely the event kits will be much more expensive and people who run the event will want some sort of rebate from the event by selling banner and keeping vanity or vice versa.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Is this another 35+ event for leaderboard?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

I wish sts would post the lvl req for lb events instead of having people guess. Its annoying

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cami View Post
    Blue bonesaw *--* ?
    I believe that yes is true

[Gamer 🎮] [Public Loudspeaker 📢] [Forum adept 🔧] [Economist 💰] [Positive user 💡] [Verified Profile ✔️]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

last question...date of event start !!
    IGN:Auso

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    I've had to make an adjustment to the Paracelsus Stone given some internal calculations. The idea and way it works are the same, however the base damage is now 2.0 instead of 1.5, to keep things playing nicely.

so from the examples stated before:

1 - 2 + 5.5 = 7.5
    2 - 2+ 7.5 = 9.5
    3 - 2 + 9.5 = 11.5

etc

This is across all gear, not per piece of gear. If you managed to slot everything you own (and give up all those stats?!?!) You would be looking at:

15 * 2 + 5.5, or 35.5

I think mathematically it doesn't balance out if you neglect your primary stat over these, and may end up having equal damage or less, I'm sure someone will figure it out

Sorry for the changes, but I'm keeping everyone informed best as we can, as relevantly as we can within our means.

-Carapace
    It appears you have hit the "sweet spot" with these. I did some calculations, and it does not pay to have more than 1 of these on a character as you would actually lose damage compared to having a grand gem in that second slot.
    I'm sorry sir, but that statement cannot be generaly true. In twink levels the soul gems definately gives off more damage than the regular gem.

INAN'HESH
    Difficult times create strong people, strong people create peaceful times, peaceful times create weak people, weak people create difficult times

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    Give it up. It's a Ghost, like Casper. It's a traditional halloween costume. Seriously people will come up with anything to make drama, I swear.
    Its not drama sir! Sometimes you guys tend to forget that this game is inter-racial. And so if they find it a bit offensive on there part, its there right to tell it. The sheet ghost looks may not be harmful or just traditional on where you from, but some places may find it with other meanings. Its traditional (on your traditions), but not on some places.

After reading this, please don't tell me to:
    1. Then dont join the event.
    2. or then don't play this game.
    3. or just ignore it.

we all loved this game, thats why we do our best to make it more enjoyable without trampling with other's beliefs/rights/customs/traditions.

Thanks for understanding.

INAN'HESH
    Difficult times create strong people, strong people create peaceful times, peaceful times create weak people, weak people create difficult times

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Inan'hesh For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Bulwark needs to be rebuffed if it is going to be weaker than new weapons I spent 11m on mine and Im worried it's not going to be worth anything

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Where the update for new legendary gear stats?

so many question here and no answered from sts. Thats make people repeating same question again and again..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

Everything looks great! Nice job hope it plays out as well as it looks on paper there will be a lot of happy gamers!

LB vanities... rogue looks awesome. warrior looks awesome. yeah...

I won't lie I know some people think comments about the mage vanity are petty but yeah I can see that getting ugly in game. PMs, chat comments, and oh god if worn by the wrong person that could just turn into a nightmare especially if people are already making that connection here on forums. It's not our place to tell people they are wrong... if that vanity didn't bring to mind certain historical events then no one would have said it.

It could look a bit more ghosty and less like he is wearing a cult robe... sorry my suggestion only comes in the forum of a bad paint job but look at the difference:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mage vanity.jpg 
Views:	648 
Size:	56.1 KB 
ID:	106446

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dalmony For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dalmony View Post
    Everything looks great! Nice job hope it plays out as well as it looks on paper there will be a lot of happy gamers!

I won't lie I know some people think comments about the mage vanity are petty but yeah I can see that getting ugly in game. PMs, chat comments, and oh god if worn by the wrong person that could just turn into a nightmare especially if people are already making that connection here on forums. It's not our place to tell people they are wrong... if that vanity didn't bring to mind certain historical events then no one would have said it.

It could look a bit more ghosty and less like he is wearing a cult robe... sorry my suggestion only comes in the forum of a bad paint job but look at the difference:

WOW awesome I want a vanityyyy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

This is better !

[Gamer 🎮] [Public Loudspeaker 📢] [Forum adept 🔧] [Economist 💰] [Positive user 💡] [Verified Profile ✔️]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

love it! <3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

Thanks guys

I cannot believe ANYONE would belittle people raising this as a problem. If there is even the slightest doubt that even one person might feel upset about this then that is to be taken seriously. Please don't be blind about this.

It isn't about questioning what the designer had in mind when they put this together. It is about the way people feel and what it brings to mind when they see it. When you look at an image you can't control what it brings to mind nor can you control the associated feelings.

No one is questioning the intent of STS... ghost costume is a really nice idea, a lot of work went into it I'm sure and like in my post above that idea can totally work with some minor adjustments, not necessarily mine but something similar.

To narrow it down - it is the shape of the head mask and the shape of the eyes, which are mainly causing the problematic link here.

It's a small issue so instead of fighting about whether or not people have the "right" to be upset, why not just provide some creative solutions and help to find a compromise

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Dalmony For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    At the end of the day, we know we won't make everyone happy. Some will love it, some will hate it. That's just human nature.

The Sorcerer leaderboard ghost vanity is missing it's particle effects from what Remiem showed. It is still work in progress.
    This was posted on another thread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    This was posted on another thread.
    I feel like we need a dev comment thread because right now only a small minority find the comments that are useful to the issue and I guess having the responses in one fixed area would be easier for a lot of people....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

Not making everyone happy is making a vanity which people don't like for aesthetic reasons only. "I wish the recolour had been blue" or "I don't like the head on the warrior vanity." Or a pet with stats people don't like.

This is quite clearly different.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Inan'hesh View Post
    Its not drama sir! Sometimes you guys tend to forget that this game is inter-racial. And so if they find it a bit offensive on there part, its there right to tell it. The sheet ghost looks may not be harmful or just traditional on where you from, but some places may find it with other meanings. Its traditional (on your traditions), but not on some places.

After reading this, please don't tell me to:
    1. Then dont join the event.
    2. or then don't play this game.
    3. or just ignore it.

we all loved this game, thats why we do our best to make it more enjoyable without trampling with other's beliefs/rights/customs/traditions.

Thanks for understanding.

I'm not forgetting anything, and was born and live in one of the most culturally and racially diverse cities in the world. I administrate multiple wordwide forums as part of my job, and have for the last 15 years, meaning I am not ignorant to beliefs, customs and tradtions.

A sheet ghost has been a cultural tradition worldwide wherever halloween is celebrated, for centuries, no matter what race, color or ethnicity. It was part of almost everyones childhood, and I find it sad that the costumes we wore as children are now being deemed offensive.

STS has announced they are working on the outfit, and it does not yet have it's graphic effects and final tweaks done. People have been requesting this vanity for the past 3 years, they listened to the customers, did what was asked of them and people rage anyways. The way STS works with particle effects, I doubt the static image is even close to the end effect it will have, which will assuredly be much more ghost-like.