Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Active Pvp Cap?!?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

Pvp is long gone, if you want to pvp. Festerfang is the way to go. Those who say twinks are ‘active this’ and pvp ‘full rooms that’ are lying. STS is not focusing on pvp anymore, just events and pve. Move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to THE GOLDEN KING For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by THE GOLDEN KING View Post
    Pvp is long gone, if you want to pvp. Festerfang is the way to go. Those who say twinks are ‘active this’ and pvp ‘full rooms that’ are lying. STS is not focusing on pvp anymore, just events and pve. Move on.

Yet we still have clashes...hmm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    150 Posts

Well if the game gets invested into more we could have more things incorporated into PVP to make it so-called "better" my view on it is that we will only get minor changes to these games as time goes on look at star legends. It dropped significantly it used to be the PVP capital of spacetime games until players got older content got drier and so on. My only suggestion from this point on is to go to festerfang and hope someone won't gang up on you and kill you. Also a secondary note I believe that we as players have the most control when it comes to in-game activities such as PVP to thrive. Although the answer to your question is sometimes the cap can be a bit active in PVP.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Al_Istealthl View Post
    Yet we still have clashes...hmm
    What level do you play lol?

The only real active Twink PvP bracket was level 32 pvp and that was 3-4 months ago.

We actually had FULL ctf rooms on the daily full tdm maps daily. Always more than 6 people online at a time. Over 60 active members in 1 week.

The reason it got terminated was because things weren’t going as planned,so I left and more people started leaving right after.

*Story time* The day it was announced we had people on the way, already joining the guild/checking the bracket out, things were running smoothly. On the second day we had people bullying the weaker players....(this lasted 2 days, then it calmed down a bit)... on the 5th day we had people already getting scammed. Then, on seventh day we had a new batch of pvp players trying to overkill everyone in the bracket.(Thanks to these types of players, we can’t have fun in pvp)
    *The end*

1 week and it all went down hill. All because everyone needed to be better than anyone XD, no one knew how to follow rules. Those who followed my rules, thank you. 2 weeks after I left, the bracket died.

PvP in present day could work, but the community has to follow guidelines, so everyone balances out. My level 32 bracket was a success, at first... but then when players started to disobey the rules it all went down hill.

The community killed modern day pvp, because everyone wants to be #1. No one can ever be #2 or #3. No one who’s rich wants to step down to the poor players level. Sad really.

Anyways, I think there’s maybe 4-6 players at level 36 bracket right now. I don’t play, but I think that’s where they left to since I don’t see any 32 players anymore.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

What level do you play lol?

The only real active Twink PvP bracket was level 32 pvp and that was 3-4 months ago.

We actually had FULL ctf rooms on the daily full tdm maps daily. Always more than 6 people online at a time. Over 60 active members in 1 week.

The reason it got terminated was because things weren’t going as planned,so I left and more people started leaving right after.

*Story time* The day it was announced we had people on the way, already joining the guild/checking the bracket out, things were running smoothly. On the second day we had people bullying the weaker players....(this lasted 2 days, then it calmed down a bit)... on the 5th day we had people already getting scammed. Then, on seventh day we had a new batch of pvp players trying to overkill everyone in the bracket.(Thanks to these types of players, we can’t have fun in pvp)
    *The end*

1 week and it all went down hill. All because everyone needed to be better than anyone XD, no one knew how to follow rules. Those who followed my rules, thank you. 2 weeks after I left, the bracket died.

PvP in present day could work, but the community has to follow guidelines, so everyone balances out. My level 32 bracket was a success, at first... but then when players started to disobey the rules it all went down hill.

The community killed modern day pvp, because everyone wants to be #1. No one can ever be #2 or #3. No one who’s rich wants to step down to the poor players level. Sad really.

Anyways, I think there’s maybe 4-6 players at level 36 bracket right now. I don’t play, but I think that’s where they left to since I don’t see any 32 players anymore.

I completely disagree with your analysis. The community didn’t kill pvp, changes to the game killed pvp. The community hasn’t changed, people have always spent the goldto be the best. Did the people with samael, glacian or hj back in the day step down to the level of people using malison? No, yet pvp was still super active.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

I completely disagree with your analysis. The community didn’t kill pvp, changes to the game killed pvp. The community hasn’t changed, people have always spent the goldto be the best. Did the people with samael, glacian or hj back in the day step down to the level of people using malison? No, yet pvp was still super active.
    Pvp was active back then because noobs can compete with pros and sometimes win. That’s why it was active. Now noob has no chance.

awakenings/speed set/key buff/pet slot, Killed pvp off more because the rich player can keep upgrading and making themselves stronger buy buying these items and the noob player sadly couldn’t keep up and made them quit pvp.

But what I think gold is trying to say is, if everyone balanced out and undergeared themselves instead of overgearing themselves to kill everyone. Pvp in today’s time could still work. Atleast that’s what I get from it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

My level 32 pvp experiment was living proof that if we as a community had guidelines/rules to follow for pvp in present day, Pvp would work.

Pvp was active back in the day because everyone had a chance to win against each other. (Example, level 41 cap, I had a warrior of legendary items with 5.8k hp, 2k armor and 330 dmg, with littlebear and I still managed to kill a mage using kershal and singe.

‘ClassBalance’ was also a thing too. Mage kills rogue, rogue kills warrior, warrior kills mage. Now it’s just, rogues kill anything, warrior need reflect to kill and mage is just there.

In today’s time, the player with 15m could never compete against the other with over 200m. I don’t care how skilled they are, the rogue with 2k dps would never compete with the other with over 10k dps.

Greedy players killed off pvp. Because as new items came out, everyone had to buy the newest items right away so they can become better than everyone else and rinse and repeat. Then the less wealthy players couldn’t keep up anymore so they left(left as in quit/Pve). That’s why pvp is dead as of now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

My level 32 pvp experiment was living proof that if we as a community had guidelines/rules to follow for pvp in present day, Pvp would work.

I'ts an MMO, trying to control how other people play the game goes against the fundamental principles of an mmo.

Pvp was active back in the day because everyone had a chance to win against each other. (Example, level 41 cap, I had a warrior of legendary items with 5.8k hp, 2k armor and 330 dmg, with littlebear and I still managed to kill a mage using kershal and singe.

^^^ you say this and then you try to say classes were balanced below, lol clearly classes weren't balanced then

‘ClassBalance’ was also a thing too. Mage kills rogue, rogue kills warrior, warrior kills mage. Now it’s just, rogues kill anything, warrior need reflect to kill and mage is just there.

Mage is actually better off in pvp now than they used to be. Mage was literally useless in pvp except for curse and mana until sts nerfed all rogues armor across the entire game

In today’s time, the player with 15m could never compete against the other with over 200m. I don’t care how skilled they are, the rogue with 2k dps would never compete with the other with over 10k dps.

That's not even an honest comparison. Different rarity gear at the same level does not increase your dps by 400% lmao

Greedy players killed off pvp. Because as new items came out, everyone had to buy the newest items right away so they can become better than everyone else and rinse and repeat. Then the less wealthy players couldn’t keep up anymore so they left(left as in quit/Pve). That’s why pvp is dead as of now.

People have always bought the newest items right away so they can be better? Remember when arc rings first came out and were like 100m gold? Or when nekro was buffed and was worth 60-70m+? Game didn't die during those times. And that much gold was worth way more back then before the massive gold loot inflation. Furthermore, a large part of the pvp community used to be twinks who weren't affected by the release of new items (with the exception of a few events). So new items had nothing to do with why twinks died. And for those who fail to understand how important twinks were to the game, many of those twinks actively played endgame and were a vital part of the economy (buying arcane eggs and such) so don't underestimate the role twinking played in the game

Responses above in bold.

And you actually can compete against people who spend far more gold than you, just play at a level with speed set one shots. One shots were the great equalizer. I pvped a bit at 61 cap using borrowed gear and nature jewels and held my own in clash vs purge top lineup. If the issue is that people can't compete, then why isn't hardcore mode more popular? It's far more fair according to your criteria and the community doesn't have the follow any "rules" because those rules are already implemented into the game.

I would argue it's not the discrepancy in strength between a maxed player and an average player that is holding back pvp. Having sns back in the day made you a god. Fighting vs Nekro without Nekro was a death sentence. Yet pvp was still alive and well during those times. It's the massively inflated costs just to have average gear that started the downfall of pvp. You used to be able to gear a decent twink for a few million gold and compete just fine. All you needed was some legendary gear, some gems/jewels and a cheap arc pet like maridos or toor. Then they added in taverns/locations which drove up the costs. Then they added pet slotting so you needed more than 1 arcane egg. Then they added in awakenings which were the final blow. Awakenings entered the game and pvp costs have skyrocketed ever since while players have quit the game

Gear only matters in 1v1, not in a clash. The main problem is that is almost impossible for a new player to get even an average set of pvp gear nowadays. You can't go farm locked crates for a few weeks and gear a twink like you could in the past. Now you need 10s of millions of gold to get an average pvp set, and the best way to make gold is with gold loot gear that also costs millions to buy. It's not the greedy pvpers that killed pvp, its the greedy pveers who farm gold all day that have destroyed the economy, in conjunction with the numerous systems implemented by sts(pet slots/awakenings) that have made it extremely hard for new/poor players to do anything.

tldr: The barrier to entry is gold, not stat discrepancies

STS needs to make elite awakenings farmable or something to fill the role that locked crates used to fill, which has been missing for years. Gold loot is not a healthy way to fuel an economy.
    Last edited by Lawpvp; 01-15-2020 at 07:17 PM.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lawpvp For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

Default Active Pvp Cap?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Lawpvp View Post
    Responses above in bold.

And you actually can compete against people who spend far more gold than you, just play at a level with speed set one shots. One shots were the great equalizer. I pvped a bit at 61 cap using borrowed gear and nature jewels and held my own in clash vs purge top lineup. If the issue is that people can't compete, then why isn't hardcore mode more popular? It's far more fair according to your criteria and the community doesn't have the follow any "rules" because those rules are already implemented into the game.

I would argue it's not the discrepancy in strength between a maxed player and an average player that is holding back pvp. Having sns back in the day made you a god. Fighting vs Nekro without Nekro was a death sentence. Yet pvp was still alive and well during those times. It's the massively inflated costs just to have average gear that started the downfall of pvp. You used to be able to gear a decent twink for a few million gold and compete just fine. All you needed was some legendary gear, some gems/jewels and a cheap arc pet like maridos or toor. Then they added in taverns/locations which drove up the costs. Then they added pet slotting so you needed more than 1 arcane egg. Then they added in awakenings which were the final blow. Awakenings entered the game and pvp costs have skyrocketed ever since while players have quit the game

Gear only matters in 1v1, not in a clash. The main problem is that is almost impossible for a new player to get even an average set of pvp gear nowadays. You can't go farm locked crates for a few weeks and gear a twink like you could in the past. Now you need 10s of millions of gold to get an average pvp set, and the best way to make gold is with gold loot gear that also costs millions to buy. It's not the greedy pvpers that killed pvp, its the greedy pveers who farm gold all day that have destroyed the economy, in conjunction with the numerous systems implemented by sts(pet slots/awakenings) that have made it extremely hard for new/poor players to do anything.

tldr: The barrier to entry is gold, not stat discrepancies

STS needs to make elite awakenings farmable or something to fill the role that locked crates used to fill, which has been missing for years. Gold loot is not a healthy way to fuel an economy.
    You’re right, no one is obligated to follow anyone’s rules/guidelines unless it’s implemented in the game. But if we actually had rules for each twink level, there would be pvp going on right now while I type this.

Hardcore mode is unpopular because you can’t trade with anyone/auction isn’t available/if you die trying to farm a certain item, you have to restart all over*lose everything* or pay the big plat fee to revive(1,700 I believe) and to do you one better I actually pvped hardcore level 11. It was fun but the fact that there is not enough gear to choose from(only 1 good enough set that’s Farmable)*makes it boring*.Events are almost impossible if you don’t buy platinum to get better gears/pets. To top it all off, people spent more time/gold/platinum on their actual main characters. Just to START from absolutely nothing, unless you buy platinum.

That’s why it’s very unpopular, the only reason you may see players on hardcore toons, is for the APs on their main characters...not the experience or the “fun”.

Gear matters in all circumstances, wether that be pvp or pve. Especially for clash, I mean who’s going to win? ‘A team of full precise jeweled/ godlike awakened gear, with the best arcane/heroic pet set up possible? Or the team with fortified jewels, 1-3 slot mediocre awakes and legendary pets, but they have skill. XD this is a joke?

I do agree with you there, Gold for new players is a problem. But if you haven’t noticed yet, STS doesn’t necessarily care about the new players... if anything they’re just trying to keep the current players happy while they make their money by giving us something to do...(no hate towards sts, I understand they need to get paychecks too).

STS decided to make gold loot a thing, they already knew the result/consequences, that’s why they haven’t done anything about the items worth 1billion or more now. That’s why they haven’t updated the maximum gold limit, because they know, if they raise it to 1billion players will soon have 10 billion... and that will cause more of an economical problem.

You’re right though, gold loot is a horrible way to inflate gold.

Btw.. it’s not the Pve players fault, in fact it’s still the greedy pvp players fault, I’ll explain; once pvp started dying out because it was dramatically losing players, the pvp players didn’t have anywhere else to go, they spent too much gold/plat just to quit the game like that, so they moved on to pve and started dominating there. “Farming gold all day and messing up the economy”. Usually the pvp players are the strongest most wealthy players, and the non wealthy players are the ones who stick to pve.

Yes, there are wealthy pve only players who never stepped foot in pvp. But I can guarantee you, more than half came from a pvp background.

Last edited by THE GOLDEN KING; 01-15-2020 at 08:28 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

You’re right, no one is obligated to follow anyone’s rules/guidelines unless it’s implemented in the game. But if we actually had rules for each twink level, there would be pvp going on right now while I type this.

Hardcore mode is unpopular because you can’t trade with anyone/auction isn’t available/if you die trying to farm a certain item, you have to restart all over*lose everything* or pay the big plat fee to revive(1,700 I believe) and to do you one better I actually pvped hardcore level 11. It was fun but the fact that there is not enough gear to choose from(only 1 good enough set that’s Farmable)*makes it boring*.Events are almost impossible if you don’t buy platinum to get better gears/pets. To top it all off, people spent more time/gold/platinum on their actual main characters. Just to START from absolutely nothing, unless you buy platinum.

That’s why it’s very unpopular, the only reason you may see players on hardcore toons, is for the APs on their main characters...not the experience or the “fun”.

Gear matters in all circumstances, wether that be pvp or pve. Especially for clash, I mean who’s going to win? ‘A team of full precise jeweled/ godlike awakened gear, with the best arcane/heroic pet set up possible? Or the team with fortified jewels, 1-3 slot mediocre awakes and legendary pets, but they have skill. XD this is a joke?

I do agree with you there, Gold for new players is a problem. But if you haven’t noticed yet, STS doesn’t necessarily care about the new players... if anything they’re just trying to keep the current players happy while they make their money by giving us something to do...(no hate towards sts, I understand they need to get paychecks too).

STS decided to make gold loot a thing, they already knew the result/consequences, that’s why they haven’t done anything about the items worth 1billion or more now. That’s why they haven’t updated the maximum gold limit, because they know, if they raise it to 1billion players will soon have 10 billion... and that will cause more of an economical problem.

You’re right though, gold loot is a horrible way to inflate gold.

Btw.. it’s not the Pve players fault, in fact it’s still the greedy pvp players fault, I’ll explain; once pvp started dying out because it was dramatically losing players, the pvp players didn’t have anywhere else to go, they spent too much gold/plat just to quit the game like that, so they moved on to pve and started dominating there. “Farming gold all day and messing up the economy”. Usually the pvp players are the strongest most wealthy players, and the non wealthy players are the ones who stick to pve.

Yes, there are wealthy pve only players who never stepped foot in pvp. But I can guarantee you, more than half came from a pvp background.

I think we agree on a lot of things. But come on, if your using fortified jewels and legendary pets u shouldn't be in pvp. That's been the case for years.

In Pocket legends the best gear was farmable in endgame maps and if you worked hard u could get a full endgame set for 0 gold. AL you gotta spend 10s of millions thats the problem imo. Best gear needs to be farmable not just buying it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lawpvp View Post
    I think we agree on a lot of things. But come on, if your using fortified jewels and legendary pets u shouldn't be in pvp. That's been the case for years.

In Pocket legends the best gear was farmable in endgame maps and if you worked hard u could get a full endgame set for 0 gold. AL you gotta spend 10s of millions thats the problem imo. Best gear needs to be farmable not just buying it.
    I created a Thread about Farmable Arcane Weapons a few months ago. Thread name is ‘Craftable Arcane Weapons(idea)’. A lot of people seem to like the concept, but since there is no money for sts to make with that idea. The chance of it getting implemented was zero.

Note: I’m probably not the first one to think of craftable op items.

In my opinion STS should just make ‘AL version 2’ XD, basically have better graphics, and start from scratch but start the cap at level 21 and go from there, then slowly start adding newer stronger items to the game like how they use to back at level 26-41 cap.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to THE GOLDEN KING For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

You got it bro, this is the real problem, trash legendaries no proc and no chance to par with crate looted gears.

Its always on STS hands, please hear us out.

Sent from my CPH1803 using Tapatalk

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Overgrown For This Useful Post: