Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
A certain seasoned pvper lead me to this thread so ill give it a healthy bump. Regarding the op's post ill present a challenge. Remove the bias of "all classes were created equal before gcd" by not including the aforementioned expert pvpers. Now place an average bird against an average bear, pre-gcd. Without giving it much thought which class is MOST likely to win in an average situation, based on their arsenal of weapons and skills? Since the likely victor would be the bird, how is that balanced pre-gcd? Sounds pretty unbalanced to me to the same degree to which an average dex mage can defeat the average bird post-gcd.
The problem with the decent Dex Mage beats the decent bird easy is that this is far more based on luck cause on dodges weights mire than ever before. U can't say I won anymore cause the lottery effect of dodge and crit won the match for u. This wasn't the case before.

I am not saying that it was perfectly balanced pre gcd. But it came really close.

There was something like a balance circle when equal skilled players met.

1/1 situation now: bear wins: birds and pallys
Bird wins: mages
Mage: as pally could beat birds most the times and as full int or Dex Mage could also win birds

This what I wrote above doesn't mean it is always the case there are lucky dodges and Frits as well but it depended on the player most of time to win an unfavorable matchup .

And to people who thought Dex bird was the easiest character to win in pvp is wrong.
As a Dex bird u could easy steal kills which made it enjoyable for many players I think but for 1/1 and really winning s match it was quite hard not to die within one combo.

Well global cool down has nerved birds significantly. That's why u see most birds running around with dodge gear and hoping for lucky dodges and some criticals and win. but seriously pvp is much less strategic now because of that. A Mage which presses drain and fire and wins now ... Where lies the achievement in there? Mages which dominated their class in pvp pre gcd had so much more to do to win . They had to guess the distance perfectly. Some even timed the shield vs archers to absorb the removing blast . That's not even necessary anymore.

So I am really curious where the added challenge of playing more strategic is now? I would be really glad to hear a reason or and example which matchup is more strategic now.