Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: just tell the truth, devs...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,203 Posts

There will be changes but they’re not going to fundamentally change the fact that 1:1 PvP with interdependent classes with different roles is inherently imbalanced. To be clear: I favor team based PvP and our FFA rules as they serve the basic design concept for each class. Furthermore I accept all responsibility for allowing a flawed 1:1 system to exist in AL that invites imbalanced fights between classes that have entirely different characteristics.

TLDR - Mages should duel other Mages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    239 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    There will be changes but they’re not going to fundamentally change the fact that 1:1 PvP with interdependent classes with different roles is inherently imbalanced. To be clear: I favor team based PvP and our FFA rules as they serve the basic design concept for each class. Furthermore I accept all responsibility for allowing a flawed 1:1 system to exist in AL that invites imbalanced fights between classes that have entirely different characteristics.

You are right, the problem is that in the past (41, 46 cap mainly) all classes could duel and have balanced fight eachother even between classes. As an old player I would like to have again that conditions, that s what many other players support. Also a revive of FFA would be much appreciated, cause actually its desert map

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Willl View Post
    You are right, the problem is that in the past (41, 46 cap mainly) all classes could duel and have balanced fight eachother even between classes. As an old player I would like to have again that conditions, that s what many other players support. Also a revive of FFA would be much appreciated, cause actually its desert map
    ''Revive''? I quit the game so I just wanted to know whether it was ever an active map?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Cinco, could you tell me if you favor team based pvp then why warrior has little advantage there? Let me explain it: we have 4 pets with aa which looks identical as proc of aegis(bubble animation) and also now we have ebon armor chest with almost the same aura it has just a bigger range of aura circle, but it lasts 3s. So when we are in fight its hard to understand where is proc of ebon aegis, where is aa of bunny, and where is proc of ebon armor. Can you please make it same as mages/rogues 3 spheres? I mean both classes will have the same proc animation. 3 flying purple orbs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    239 Posts

Also as long as you support PVP team please give a tought about make class restriction in every pvp map for example 1 war 2 rogues 1 mage and when slots re filled match starts (or just open map but system who does not make any class join the map where it reached the class limits). Something like this would make, at least in team form, balanced matches.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Willl For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

I can accept that. What I think people are really having a hard time with is that Rogues do not die at 71. Only a rogue can kill another rogue, for the most part. In TDM, out of 20 kills, 17 of those kills are from a rogue, 2 from a mage and 1 from a tank. That's not balance.

Further, a pro mage with maxed out gear, should not lose to a beginner rogue with, for example, a horse pet but that's not the case in 1v1.

Tanks vs mages is a stale mate. Nobody dies. This is not fun either

There was always slight imbalance in previous seasons, but this is so far off from balanced that nobody plays PVP anymore. We can't deny it anymore that pvp is dead