Thread: Events Are Hurting The Game

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Default Events Are Hurting The Game

Hello! I wanted to take some time to discuss about the way events in general are being handled. It’s always exciting to find out what event is coming next, but I feel like there has been an oversaturation of events to the point where it has cannibalized the rest of the game and there are a few issues with this.

There is almost no reason to farm endgame dungeons. The point of an endgame dungeon is that it rewards you with endgame loot. There almost is no endgame loot in zodias. The only things you really could farm is just aps, gold, vanities, and maybe spirit gear. Other than that, almost all of the endgame gear that players actually care about is locked behind events. It also is thematically disorienting that we can’t get underwater-themed gear from underwater dungeons, but we can from some random locked up crate we found in a forest. It was really cool when we had stuff like the Dreamscape expansion where we were able to make an arcane weapon out of farming for hundreds of hours and gold. If you didn’t want to endure the grind you just opened locks. We need more of that back in the game (the ability to farm arcane/mythic weapons not opening locks). Events have drawn attention away from enjoying endgame content and have become the endgame content itself. Just one week of no events is okay, as long as we have actual endgame loot in dungeons to keep us playing. Events aren’t the only way to keep players playing.

The quality of events has also taken a hit. The past few events have probably been ok or meh at best. They have also proved that we do not need an event every single week. With how frequent the events are happening I’ve been concerned about the dev team for a while. Are the devs being overworked to produce this many events?

One more thing I would like to add is that I really don’t like 1 week events since it puts pressure and makes it difficult to enjoy and get the most out of the event. It’s also not enough/barely enough time to get the things you want.

Well I’ve said what I’ve said about why I think events are doing the game more harm than good. Too much of anything is not good. I’m curious about what everyone else thinks about this. Lets also make sure that we keep it constructive. The ideas discussed here are about making the game better, not to attack you. Thanks

TL;DR
    -Events replaced endgame dungeons
    -Declining quality of events (and dev work?)
    -1 week events aren’t very good
    -Keep it constructive

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kaziscate For This Useful Post: