Thread: Singe vs Samael vs Maridos vs Toor

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I think for an end game mage Samael is the best (except for Nekro). Forget about the stats of the happiness bonus, Samael has a passive healing and mana regen effect that is way OP compared to that of any other pet. It allows you to run PvP without using healing skill, which then allows you to use a 3rd attack skill instead, which gives you a big advantage.
    So you're saying that meager healing that isn't always active is superior to the HUGELY superior stats that the other pets give you? How does a passive heal help if you're always dead?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Visiting For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Visiting View Post
    So you're saying that meager healing that isn't always active is superior to the HUGELY superior stats that the other pets give you? How does a passive heal help if you're always dead?
    Samael also has an awesome AA which stuns 90% of the time. That too is very helpful. I don't find that I'm always dead, I find that I'm able to kill others very fast with 3 attack skills.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Samael also has an awesome AA which stuns 90% of the time. That too is very helpful. I don't find that I'm always dead, I find that I'm able to kill others very fast with 3 attack skills.
    The Stun on the AA is almost useless these days at endgame because EVERY class has a stun immunity and Nekro is everywhere...
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Visiting View Post
    Samael was the top pet available for over a year and a half because of that passive regen and panic AA. Especially for pvp, especially for rogues. There is a lot to be said for practically endless mana when you stack up a pile of Sams. However, a dogpile of VB warriors does it even better.

There are better pets now, especially for PvE (which I have never liked Sam for). Maridos is excellent. I find there are getting to be too many necros around at this time, and since I hate having to constantly watch for other shields to disperse then count down until it can be activated, I generally prefer using Mari for that reason.

I think arcane pets are pretty similar for all classes at this time. I also use singe on mage and love it.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    Samael was the top pet available for over a year and a half because of that passive regen and panic AA. Especially for pvp, especially for rogues. There is a lot to be said for practically endless mana when you stack up a pile of Sams. However, a dogpile of VB warriors does it even better.

There are better pets now, especially for PvE (which I have never liked Sam for). Maridos is excellent. I find there are getting to be too many necros around at this time, and since I hate having to constantly watch for other shields to disperse then count down until it can be activated, I generally prefer using Mari for that reason.

I think arcane pets are pretty similar for all classes at this time. I also use singe on mage and love it.
    I have always found Singe best for ~easy~ elites but nothing could touch Sam in the really tough maps. His banish AA works out to 10% of the mobs health/mobs armor, so against harder elite mobs it really ramps up (Easy example, a basic elite mob might have 10,000 health and 40% armor, so it would take 16,666 damage to wipe it out, so banish would work out 1,666 damage * number of mobs hit (This is an average).). His other attack is a spreading poison. Against easy elites, the mobs are well, dead to quick to spread so it is not noticed unless it is against high health/high armor mobs.
    A factor that could affect this is elite mobs that are immune to banish. If that becomes the norm, he would go right to the bargain bin.

As for Maridos, he has a 1% chance to banish on his passive. Sam's AA activates at 10% every 22 seconds. Assuming for a moment Maridos passive strikes the same number of Mobs as Sam's active, Maridos would have to ~swing~ once every 2 seconds to get the same effect. It would be interesting to test Maridos banish vs Sam's banish. Nekro also has banish on his AA, though I do not know the rate.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?