Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Miscommunication

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

Whelp, there goes my plans of making money :/
    Now I've got a bunch of unused brood lock recipes,
    useful for nothing but a paperweight...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I believe miscommunication is the wrong term. That would suggest there was some form of communication attempted. I think this falls more in the category of uncommunication. As in there was no communication attempted.

Few weeks of wasted tokens. No big deal, cept the boxes from last event u could still craft afterward. I feel scammed. But it not like I didn't expect it with the shaddy lack of communication. Moving forward (while watching my back).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Here's something to consider as well....

Sometimes STS wants the players to attempt to guess what will happen. There are lots of things that have happened in the game over the years that we never had any advance notice of. It's part of what makes the game fun.

Imagine if just the opposite had happened. Imagine if the Brood crates were indeed craftable after the event was over. Then the few players who saved all those recipes would have struck it rich.

When STS is indecisive, I think it is by design and you have to decide if you want to gamble. Sometimes gambling will pay off. For example, remember back last year when there was double drop odds on reinforced gems in the Arena? Prices on reinforced glacial gems dropped to only 8-10k. I decided to buy a ton of them and stock them away. That could have been a terrible decision if a better gem had been released shortly afterward, which was always a possibility. However, instead of that happening, gems were discontinued a few months later, and now I am able to sell those reinforced gems for over 300k each. The net result is a 20-30m profit for me.

Not every such investment for me has always paid off. I bought up a bunch of arcane shards when the price was 1m thinking that it was so low that the price would soon go back up. And now look at the price of shards, less than 200k.

Remember that this is just a game, and STS makes it so unpredictable intentionally to make it more interesting. So you had a bad investment this time.... Maybe next time it will turn out better.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Situation is like its vry hard to judge sts( next to imposible), like they said sns wont b back in future bt its here again in massive ren lock,

And regarding these brood lock... personally I feel its gud brood lock recpies not craftable ny more ,

M sure 70-80% ppls hv brood lock recpies many carring 100+, some hoarding 500+, few hoarding 50+,

In this situation price will go up of brood locked aswell items drop from these lockes ( when brood lock no more craftable),

Assume we still can craft brood lock... lock remains 32-40 k or goes down coz of high supply could go down from large ren lock,
    items exclusive to brood lock also will b cheap,

High supply lowers the price,

Me also hoarding 300 + recpies, bt still happy coz I feel this step is saviours of market.

Sent from my GT-I8262 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

As you know in advance that all the recipes from the event no longer be in use and maybe recipe spider crate is mistake so why now must cry like yesterday to play this game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    474 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nepos View Post
    You could have earned much gold, but it was risky.
    You failed so its YOUR fault.
    1. STS didn't mention in the brood recipe crate description nothing about a limited time to craft brood crates

2. I managed to craft 170 brood crates ( 4 hours craft time ) . Also I was able to have get another 190-200 recipe after the event went into cooldown. The 2 weeks event wasnt enough for me to craft all my crates since they weren't tradeable/stashable like the spider ones. My logic works like this p2p way and f2p way. If they weren't stashable/tradeable i had to use platinum to craft so i can get rid of them faster or to continue crafting after the event how much i want.

3. How could i make gold after this event with a loss of 2000 tokens ( 200 recipe left in my inventory ) ? Crafting a brood bow which costed 1500 tokens to make it? 170k in cs. So rich , yea !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

I have also wasted my tokens on recipes, total 200+ combining two acc. I wasted almost all of my token for this junk recipes.

I agree with others, sts should have said written 'limited time use' in description of recipe.

Most old crate recipes were nt consumed on use, so only one recipe and a lot of crates could be crafted, also few recipes needed essense which were nt available after event, thus having a reason to nt being able to craft those recipes.

Bt like spider crates recipe, brood recipe could also be made usable after event. Bt sts had other plans, unexpectedly making them useless.

As the above players said, either sts should increase liquidation value or make brood crates craftable for 15days/1 month, as we have jst 5 crafting slot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post

Sometimes STS wants the players to attempt to guess what will happen. There are lots of things that have happened in the game over the years that we never had any advance notice of. It's part of what makes the game fun.

Imagine if just the opposite had happened. Imagine if the Brood crates were indeed craftable after the event was over. Then the few players who saved all those recipes would have struck it rich.

When STS is indecisive, I think it is by design and you have to decide if you want to gamble. Sometimes gambling will pay off. For example, remember back last year when there was double drop odds on reinforced gems in the Arena? Prices on reinforced glacial gems dropped to only 8-10k. I decided to buy a ton of them and stock them away. That could have been a terrible decision if a better gem had been released shortly afterward, which was always a possibility. However, instead of that happening, gems were discontinued a few months later, and now I am able to sell those reinforced gems for over 300k each. The net result is a 20-30m profit for me.

Not every such investment for me has always paid off. I bought up a bunch of arcane shards when the price was 1m thinking that it was so low that the price would soon go back up. And now look at the price of shards, less than 200k.

Remember that this is just a game, and STS makes it so unpredictable intentionally to make it more interesting. So you had a bad investment this time.... Maybe next time it will turn out better.
    i agree to this...its just like opening a locks...its up to u if u wanna take the risk...if u failed then SORRY better luck next time

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

I think you have found an excellent way to excuse sloppiness. While I don't think everything should be announced ahead of time, I think a public log of glitches should be kept. That you were able to craft spider crates after the cool down was clearly a glitch. By not admitting it was a glitch, they don't have to admit they made a mistake. They can just rely on apologists to say things like, "They were just keeping us on our toes."

By the way, I also have made a fortune off of rein gems. That situation was very different. They did tell us what jewels were coming. The real gamble we took was on whether the gems would continue to scale. That is an instance where I don't mind the devs keeping us in the dark. Glitches, however, should always be publicly acknowledged.
    Last edited by Edward Coug; 01-08-2016 at 02:46 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Edward Coug For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bhupeshkansal View Post
    Situation is like its vry hard to judge sts( next to imposible), like they said sns wont b back in future bt its here again in massive ren lock,

And regarding these brood lock... personally I feel its gud brood lock recpies not craftable ny more ,

M sure 70-80% ppls hv brood lock recpies many carring 100+, some hoarding 500+, few hoarding 50+,

In this situation price will go up of brood locked aswell items drop from these lockes ( when brood lock no more craftable),

Assume we still can craft brood lock... lock remains 32-40 k or goes down coz of high supply could go down from large ren lock,
    items exclusive to brood lock also will b cheap,

High supply lowers the price,

Me also hoarding 300 + recpies, bt still happy coz I feel this step is saviours of market.

Sent from my GT-I8262 using Tapatalk
    @ bold, just curious did they really say that ? (Link pls ). What i believe is, they said "sns will not return at ursoth 2015 event". Things like that called misscommunication too isnt it ?

13.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #51
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,906 Posts

Hey guys. I do apologize for the misstep. I'm looking into this now and will post updates on this thread when I have them: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...nger-Craftable
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Remiem For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

sts, imo if u gonna change it again or if u gonna make the broodcrate craft-able again, ur not really solving the problem...those who hoarded brood crate and those who just deleted those recipes cuz they think its useless now: will be the one who gonna complain again.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anague View Post
    sts, imo if u gonna change it again or if u gonna make the broodcrate craft-able again, ur not really solving the problem...those who hoarded brood crate and those who just deleted those recipes cuz they think its useless now: will be the one who gonna complain again.....
    There is value in admitting a mistake, though, and taking action to avoid a similar mistake in the future. I hope an accurate glitch log comes out of this or a renewed effort at better communication.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    Hey guys. I do apologize for the misstep. I'm looking into this now and will post updates on this thread when I have them: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...nger-Craftable
    Oh.....well I kind of deleted the recipes I bought since they were no longer craftable, so if this gets changed will I now somehow get them back?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Dex_addict For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    It's not going to help as I've already deleted all my recipies. If you do change it, will you be restoring all those deleted recipies?
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Thank you for listenening sts.
    Sorry for those who deleted.
    Cheers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Ys this is a no win situation, sts should have stuck to their guns and not caved in to the masses of people taking a gamble, now those that complained once again will get a windfall because sts can't keep a decision, the people that crafted them already lose because the market will bottom out and those players that deleted the recipes because they weren't craftable lose out.. This is a lose lose situation.. Either way sts loses face, the brood crate market will crash because of over saturation in the market.. Lose/lose
    Last edited by Diggdugg; 01-08-2016 at 06:06 PM.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Diggdugg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

More crates = more player use plats = more myth weapons...
    Dont understand why its a lose situation.
    Where was all that anger at the spider crates?
    True, player who deleted too fast will lose.
    Thats the bad part but ones should always wait until sts makes a decision.
    Even people who didnt invest in recipes were stunned to see that you cant craft and understand the frustration of those who invested.
    Most people just expected that due to last events.
    Im very glad that sts heard and does understand. I cant compare this situation with gambling. I lost also already gold due to gambling in this game and won on the other side. I would never complain about that.
    But this problem was that cuz of no signing " limited time use" or so ever, many many people were sure its like in some previous events. In the end its important that sts understands the situation and not some people who have problems now with the situation that others stashed recipes and will make good gold. On the other side they didnt make gold with other items they bought for tokens.
    Same happened with spider crates and no one had a huge problem with it.
    Still... big thanks to sts !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

You should never delete recipes even if they are no longer usable. There have been several instances in the past where an event recipe was usable the following year in the same event.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

You should never delete recipes even if they are no longer usable. There have been several instances in the past where an event recipe was usable the following year in the same event.
    It's all good, I think rengol locked are still worth more as the best you can loot from brood locked is the maul and whim eggs. Earning 10k each brood crate craft at 300+ recipies is around 3m gold? Sucks but I've lost more to deflation

I'm just happy that I achieved plat tier on a few toons as the snow machine banner is OP! I wear it more than my little hearts xD
    Last edited by Kakashis; 01-08-2016 at 07:53 PM.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!