Thread: Why I'm Liking My Bird Less and Less

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Are you having problems with survivability? You may want to switch to a Swamp talon and wing if you are. AO will always be hard to any bird less than lv 45-50 because armor will always be a problem.

Not sure what you mean by ATTACK stat, elaborate?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    Are you having problems with survivability? You may want to switch to a Swamp talon and wing if you are. AO will always be hard to any bird less than lv 45-50 because armor will always be a problem.

Not sure what you mean by ATTACK stat, elaborate?
    1: I was thinking about switching to a talon, damage or even DPS would go down, but I could equip a shield to boost survivability as well as reduce pot usage.
    2: I apologise, I was thinking about 2 things at the same time lol.
    What I meant was this: Most ppl are making archers pure-dex, but does upping the STR stat (points from levelling up) also affect overall damage?
    IGN: adwinp

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adwin View Post
    1: I was thinking about switching to a talon, damage or even DPS would go down, but I could equip a shield to boost survivability as well as reduce pot usage.
    2: I apologise, I was thinking about 2 things at the same time lol.
    What I meant was this: Most ppl are making archers pure-dex, but does upping the STR stat (points from levelling up) also affect overall damage?
    It's perfectly fine switching to a talon/wing at that point; I've done it plenty of times too in the past despite the lower damage.

You can look here for a more detailed explanation of how attributes work in PL. With more STR you'll have more armor but you won't do nearly as much skill damage than a full DEX bird will do. STR will increase your base damage but it will be detrimental to your skill damage. I for one am an advocate of being a full DEX bird because you do what you do best as an archer, which is dealing out damage.