0 Posts

If i Use 20 Plat Miner's Luck is it 100% that i can get a napalm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ~Widdershin~ View Post
    If i Use 20 Plat Miner's Luck is it 100% that i can get a napalm
    Woah... Not at all. Miners luck ensures that 100% of the drops you get, are re-rolled.

How I think this works is if an item is re-rolled, it will increase in rarity by one category. Meaning, if you drop a green, and you re-roll on the item, it will turn into an epic item.

So with regards to the queen, which drops greens ~80% of the time, and you have miners luck, you will get an epic drop.

That ~20% that is left is split between uncommon's and epics (with negligible chance of no-enhancer pink drop) . So let's say it is ~10% each. This leaves us with a ~10% chance that without the Miner's Luck, you will drop an epic. With Miner's Luck, this will re-roll into a legendary. Overall, this gives us a ~10% chance of getting a legendary.

Now, the Queen drops the legendarys: Chrome Phoenix, Flux Cannon, Phase Injectors, and Napalms. Each of these has four variants (bioneural, fused, dark-matter, and primed), that can drop. This gives us 16 possible legendaries the hive queen can drop. However, if you aren't concerned about which type of napalm, we can forget the variant part.

So, if you want a napalm to drop, even with Miner's luck, your chance is ~10%/4. Four, for the Chrome, Flux, Phase, or Napalms.

Overall, this is ~2% chance, with Miner's Luck, of a napalm dropping. So sorry, Miner's Luck does not guarantee a napalm drop.

Sorry for the long-winded answer. None of these percentages are actually tested, they are just guesses, so my actual percentage answers could be way off.
    Last edited by FluidShot; 06-29-2013 at 01:08 AM.

Those who say it cannot be done should not stop those who are doing it.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    615 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sizari View Post
    Woah... Not at all. Miners luck ensures that 100% of the drops you get, are re-rolled.

How I think this works is if an item is re-rolled, it will increase in rarity by one category. Meaning, if you drop a green, and you re-roll on the item, it will turn into an epic item.

So with regards to the queen, which drops greens ~80% of the time, and you have miners luck, you will get an epic drop.

That ~20% that is left is split between uncommon's and epics (with negligible chance of no-enhancer pink drop) . So let's say it is ~10% each. This leaves us with a ~10% chance that without the Miner's Luck, you will drop an epic. With Miner's Luck, this will re-roll into a legendary. Overall, this gives us a ~10% chance of getting a legendary.

Now, the Queen drops the legendarys: Chrome Phoenix, Flux Cannon, Phase Injectors, and Napalms. Each of these has four variants (bioneural, fused, dark-matter, and primed), that can drop. This gives us 16 possible legendaries the hive queen can drop. However, if you aren't concerned about which type of napalm, we can forget the variant part.

So, if you want a napalm to drop, even with Miner's luck, your chance is ~10%/4. Four, for the Chrome, Flux, Phase, or Napalms.

Overall, this is ~2% chance, with Miner's Luck, of a napalm dropping. So sorry, Miner's Luck does not guarantee a napalm drop.

Sorry for the long-winded answer. None of these percentages are actually tested, they are just guesses, so my actual percentage answers could be way off.
    You are mistaken. If you don't care what variant of Napalm you get, than you have to add in the other variants of the other items that the queen drops. So basically that is 4 (different variants) multiplied by 3 (the drops you can get here, subtracting the Napalm itself) which is 12, but than you have to add 1 into it because you are forgetting the Napalm itself. So that is less than a 1% chance to get a Napalm of any variant using Miner's Luck.

Forum Legend
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Reun View Post
    You are mistaken. If you don't care what variant of Napalm you get, than you have to add in the other variants of the other items that the queen drops. So basically that is 4 (different variants) multiplied by 3 (the drops you can get here, subtracting the Napalm itself) which is 12, but than you have to add 1 into it because you are forgetting the Napalm itself. So that is less than a 1% chance to get a Napalm of any variant using Miner's Luck.
    How do you know so much about SL?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

I actually believe you are mistaken... Considering there are four variants of the four pinks the queen drops, this is 16 possible pink drops.

If you are happy with any napalm, this means you are happy with 4 of the 16 possible pinks. 4 : 16 = 1 : 4

Unless I am insane, this means that if you don't care what napalm you get, you're still left with the 1:4 ratio, leaving the 10%/4 accurate.

Since you're happy with any napalm which you've given to represent 1, but you're counting each other variant of the pinks as 1, you're basically saying that 1=4. (1, being the number you've chosen to represent the napalm itself, but you've also said it is representing all the variants of the napalm, because you don't care which one you get.)

Therein, lies the error, I think.
    Last edited by FluidShot; 06-30-2013 at 11:17 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    351 Posts

We had some good hive runs earlier, shame about the drops though :-) next time though! Hopefully lol XD
    "Still Retired but casually dueling in PvP from Time to Time"
    EXTREME BOSS SLAYERS Are Back!
    Wanting a signature? Send me a Pm (SL credits only)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

watever, it is all about luck, it is complete random. miner lck only increase luck. one can get prime nap in first run or one may not get it for ages even using miner lck

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    615 Posts

I actually believe you are mistaken... Considering there are four variants of the four pinks the queen drops, this is 16 possible pink drops.

If you are happy with any napalm, this means you are happy with 4 of the 16 possible pinks. 4 : 16 = 1 : 4

Unless I am insane, this means that if you don't care what napalm you get, you're still left with the 1:4 ratio, leaving the 10%/4 accurate.

Since you're happy with any napalm which you've given to represent 1, but you're counting each other variant of the pinks as 1, you're basically saying that 1=4. (1, being the number you've chosen to represent the napalm itself, but you've also said it is representing all the variants of the napalm, because you don't care which one you get.)

Therein, lies the error, I think.
    I like the way you think, but I still believe my statement is true. Let me elaborate: If you could care less about what variant of Napalm you get, you also have to add in the OTHER variants of the other weapons, because you don't want those. So four variants, multiplied by three weapons, plus the one that represents the Napalm, is 13. Which is a less than 1% chance of getting a Napalm with Miner's Luck.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

I like the way you think, but I still believe my statement is true. Let me elaborate: If you could care less about what variant of Napalm you get, you also have to add in the OTHER variants of the other weapons, because you don't want those. So four variants, multiplied by three weapons, plus the one that represents the Napalm, is 13. Which is a less than 1% chance of getting a Napalm with Miner's Luck.
    Hmm. Now that you explained it, I can see your logic.

However, the part that I'm having trouble with is lets say b = bioneural, f = fused, d = dark-matter, and p = primed.

____________________(Flux Cannon)__(Chrome Phoenix)_(Phase)
    You were saying it was b + f + d + p + b + f + d + p + b + f + d + p + any napalm. Where I'm having trouble is you have the value 1 representing one value (variant) in the beginning of the equation, but then you have it representing any napalm, so four different values (variants) at the end of the equation.

The equation is for drops, so i think it would have to be the above formula, with the 1 for napalm actually being 1(b + f + d + p) because although you don't care, there are still four possible napalm drops, albeit you want them all.

Another way I thought if it was actually laying out the possible drops. (using the letters from above.)

b,f,d,p, b,f,d,p, b,f,d,p, b,f,d,p
    unhappy unhappy unhappy happy
    If you're happy with any napalm, you're happy with a quarter of drops. You're happy with 1/4 of the drops. Since the drop rate is the same for all the pinks, you should get a napalm 4:16 times you get a pink = 1:4.

Also imagine a spinning wheel game-show style thing (sorry for the long post, I'm just free-associating what's running through my head). If you're happy with a quarter of the options on the wheel, then you have a 1:4 chance of being happy when it's spun. If you're happy with a whole quarter of it (four sections in the quarter for each variant), you can't count that probability as the same as one of the small sections which represents one variant. There's 16 sections, so the probability of hitting one is 1/16. You like any napalm, so that is 1/16 * 4 = 1/4.
    Last edited by FluidShot; 07-01-2013 at 09:26 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Napalm is still on. I just want to destroy all rumors:

1- you can still go to deep hive by killing queen first or in any order, but you'll have to destroy all other monsters before.

2- opening boxes dont change your chances to go to deep hive

3- Napalm is like all rares, it is a random drop, nothing special about dropping chances

4- You can get Napalm without enhancers

5- Napalm is known to be a drop from Queen vular at deep hive. Im not sure if it can be dropped by infested lair's queen.

6- Napalm can be dropped even if skills are used.

Little advice:
    - try soloing the queen
    - use your best weapon, i do think that the harder you hit, better are your chances to get napalm. TBH my best drops always happen when i m high leveled (using more powerfull weapons, obviously doing more damage and killing faster)
    - avoid spending plats for luck enhancers, they dont give that much more luck, re rolls always bring the same noob purple drops at hive... Talking about enhancers, buy the ones with credits at guildhall, they arr discount and cost less
    - while doing hive runs, using napalm at first part saves time and avoids you to get all those noob drops... Actually it destroys the eggs and auto kills the vulars in the eggs. If you want free credits, avoid using napalm...
    - hive is good place to farm stims

At my 5th farming run, I got my fused napalm by soloing a queen at deep hive during double damage weekend, i used some skills. Got lvl35-45 teammates and im 50. I did 100s of runs, but no more napalm... Im still on it

I hope this may help you... And stop booting for opening boxes or use of skills, because it really has nothing to do with that... I did those runs trying all possibilities and they are true because they did happened.

Dragoonclaws

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Also imagine a spinning wheel game-show style thing (sorry for the long post, I'm just free-associating what's running through my head). If you're happy with a quarter of the options on the wheel, then you have a 1:4 chance of being happy when it's spun. If you're happy with a whole quarter of it (four sections in the quarter for each variant), you can't count that probability as the same as one of the small sections which represents one variant. There's 16 sections, so the probability of hitting one is 1/16. You like any napalm, so that is 1/16 * 4 = 1/4.
    He is right. The thing about this is to get a pink drop, then you have a 1/4 chance to get napalm.
    Getting a pink drop at hive is merely 1/1000 or more or even less...

Keep it up!!! You ll get what you want if you keep working on it. I bet you ll choke when you see pink drop.

Tbh, since i got mine, i choke on any carbine drops
    Purple? Idc, i just choke lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

Buy Miners Luck, Farm with Lv50's (Lv40+ only) Kill all mobs and boss and you open chest if you wanted to the pink will still drop. Ive Experience Less than 1Minute 30 Seconds killing already the boss and died.
    Just my tip

Need Help? Please Visit STS's Support Website by clicking HERE.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

I confirm that napalm still drops, i got mine during the double damage weekend.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    350 Posts

I'm up for Hive runs, I'm lv46 and can buy enhancer. PM me on forum for runs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Faliziaga View Post
    I'm up for Hive runs, I'm lv46 and can buy enhancer. PM me on forum for runs
    Gl bro.

Need Help? Please Visit STS's Support Website by clicking HERE.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Okay guys. Here is why I do not think it drops anymore.

I used 2 Miner's Luck enhancers and I received 5 purple drops (pre re-roll), however they were re-rolled into ANOTHER PURPLE weapon. I was very confused. I started asking around and I found a lot of other players with the same problem.

Either this is a bug or it does not drop anymore. I took screenshots on my phone but I am too lazy to post them right now..

Anyone else on the forum have the same problem?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gskip17 View Post

I used 2 Miner's Luck enhancers and I received 5 purple drops (pre re-roll), however they were re-rolled into ANOTHER PURPLE weapon. I was very confused. I started asking around and I found a lot of other players with the same problem.

Either this is a bug or it does not drop anymore. I took screenshots on my phone but I am too lazy to post them right now..

Hmm. Then my best guest would be that the reroll is not quite as simple as a category bump. If it does not work that way, then I have no idea what kind of formula STG uses to determine rerolls.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    350 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gskip17 View Post

How do you know the items you rolled for before it says "you re-rolled"?

Attachment 37860

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Faliziaga For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Faliziaga View Post
    How do you know the items you rolled for before it says "you re-rolled"?

Attachment 37860

Wait you are right it doesnt say what you initially receive. Nvm my bad.
    Last edited by Gskip17; 08-15-2013 at 07:09 AM.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Gskip17 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

hey zen, can you please help me farm a bit? IGN: ORAWEUN, ORAWEON, ANAKRAVY