Thread: Apollo's Operative PvP Guide!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    It boosts your damage, thus allowing your skills to hit harder. Then, when you're attacking, it's already up again, allowing you to "stack" the effect.

I believe I also explained why right after saying to fire up amplify pain before the match, in the post regarding how to approach various classes.
    yeah but a -120 armor debuff and added crit chance/added damage right off the bat in actual combat just seems more productive. I dunno how long your fights last at capped levels, but in the high 20's/low 30s, the fights last mere seconds. That 120 armor debuff is extremely helpful, especially when stacking DOTs
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=62120&dateline=131973  8744
    Kahlua/Knowledgebase - Star Legends Help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kahlua View Post
    yeah but a -120 armor debuff and added crit chance/added damage right off the bat in actual combat just seems more productive. I dunno how long your fights last at capped levels, but in the high 20's/low 30s, the fights last mere seconds. That 120 armor debuff is extremely helpful, especially when stacking DOTs
    Yeah, but it's nothing when your opponent just rooted you with flames and then you wasted your chance to attack with armor break. I realize the math involved, but math isn't the most logical approach in PvP since there are other variables that you have to account for.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Yeah, but it's nothing when your opponent just rooted you with flames and then you wasted your chance to attack with armor break. I realize the math involved, but math isn't the most logical approach in PvP since there are other variables that you have to account for.
    but...but...but...MATH

I wish I had put "have YOU ever played SL PvP???" as an answer on my Calc final

*side note - Can't you still attack while rooted in PvP? Wasn't that like, one of the biggest issues thus far? That stuns, roots, etc only stopped movement but not attacking?
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=62120&dateline=131973  8744
    Kahlua/Knowledgebase - Star Legends Help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kahlua View Post
    but...but...but...MATH

I wish I had put "have YOU ever played SL PvP???" as an answer on my Calc final

*side note - Can't you still attack while rooted in PvP? Wasn't that like, one of the biggest issues thus far? That stuns, roots, etc only stopped movement but not attacking?
    Yeah, you can, but it's rather difficult to when your opponent is out of range and you can't attack, hehe. That's why after the roots, I move out of range, set myself up, and then swoop in, do a lot of damage and get out. Like I said, it's kinda like a fighter jet style . You're floating on the outskirts of their attack range and swoop in, damage them and get out.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List