Thread: Got lvl 76, what should I do now?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    At Elite Shuyal, trying to loot a Ker'shal
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xtremez View Post
    Here is your goal: Skratch Staff (w/ skratch gun ideally as well) then ebon armor/abyssal armor then interred set and infest/valley aa

Try going for the skratch staff mainly as mages nowadays could support by clearing fast (not healing anymore sadly cause we have pots for those and tanks as well). If you don't have enough gold for staff yet you could buy the gun then farm your way to staff then keep both or sell gun first to acquire staff then save up again to re-acquire gun. Damage and clearing is your main priority as mage at 76 cap rn. Don't fall for taint/ebon weaps they are pretty much useless if you want people to farm with you etc.

You could do well against both mobs and bosses with the staff for mobs and the staff proc + gun proc to melt bosses. Pretty much that's what you want cause like rogues (who really just need arc armor and dugg daggs/dugg bow), mages have a simpler "requirement" set to be op, unlike warriors who need like 3 or more weapons to be op as well (not to mention the stress of proc switching with 4+ hotbars xd).

Also it won't hurt to strengthen hp and armor too since mages are already squishy by default so hardening them up a bit would help in maps especially like the vardan maps. Being a "heal mage" nowadays is pretty much attributed to being a noob since we have better alternatives atm so yeah focus on clear power mostly.

Hope this helps!
    Thank you so much, that's exactly what I am doing: saving gold at Deep Marsh.
    But, can you explain why do I need both gun and staff? I thought only staff could deal with any bosses if combo with Ebon Armor.

It really worth buying both? It's a lot of gold and will take a huge time.

Due the high cost of Skratch Staff I might go for Gun first, as you said, unfortunately.

Endgame PvE Sorcerer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nuties View Post
    But, can you explain why do I need both gun and staff? I thought only staff could deal with any bosses if combo with Ebon Armor.

Due the high cost of Skratch Staff I might go for Gun first, as you said, unfortunately.
    Skratch gun isn't completely necessary when you have the staff already but it would definitely make you op... It's worth it if you want to be op but the staff would do just fine

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Xtremez For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xtremez View Post
    Skratch gun isn't completely necessary when you have the staff already but it would definitely make you op... It's worth it if you want to be op but the staff would do just fine
    Appreciate it! I am definetly going for both then! Would take some time ofc but...I think I can do it!

Endgame PvE Sorcerer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    385 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nuties View Post

Having both the skratch gun and staff is very helpful when paired with hotbar slots.

For me, I mainly use the staff, but when it procs vs a boss, I immediately switch to gun in order to get the DoT proc. This is because I will still have 3x damage from the staff proc, so my gun proc gets that effect and can essentially melts bosses in one proc. This is why people recommend getting both once you can afford it. If you can only get one though, definitely staff.
    Ign - Coolguymage

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Befs For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Befs View Post
    Having both the skratch gun and staff is very helpful when paired with hotbar slots.

For me, I mainly use the staff, but when it procs vs a boss, I immediately switch to gun in order to get the DoT proc. This is because I will still have 3x damage from the staff proc, so my gun proc gets that effect and can essentially melts bosses in one proc. This is why people recommend getting both once you can afford it. If you can only get one though, definitely staff.
    Got it! I will try to control myself on journey to Staff, to not buy the gun instead.
    But I am definetly going to get both since they seems life changing for mages in game. I will increase my hotbars thou, currently have two of them.

Thanks for the tips, appreciate it!

Endgame PvE Sorcerer