Thread: New Idea?!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Exclamation New Idea?!

Okay. So I've played many other online multi-player games that have had community bosses or like big group bosses. I'm not talking about like the bosses we have in pl. I was thinking about like bosses that need groups of more than 5 people. Like 10-15 people but have the bosses at different levels for not just people at cap (but this may only work at cap due to inactivity of other levels.) These bosses should do more damage than any boss we have had (nothing insane) and it should have more health (not insane amounts either.) One way to do this would be re making all the bosses throughout alterra and call them like mega meathead or like mega Lil'Bill. This might be a great way to have larger groups of people team up and defeat group bosses! One spin to these bosses might be timed. So you actually have to assemble a well put together team of bears birds and mages. Another spin to this could be having a set number of players like 5 mages 5 birds and 5 bears min. But create different rules for different bosses to make things exciting! Also another thing to add would be drop rates. Something to change could be have like 1-2 people get a guaranteed good drop of a pink. Or sometimes a rarer elite! But to make someone get at least 1 pink or more rarer, an elite. These items I'm guessing shouldn't be a huge game changer since at least 1 pink should drop each time. But this is just a thought! I'd like to see group boss fighting of more than 5 people and needing strategy to take down the boss!
    Last edited by sebbyc; 12-29-2016 at 03:20 AM.
    Sebbyc-110

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sebbyc For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

I think if we organize this in a way that would be quite simple for someone like Cinco to implement, and get a full crowd pushing the idea, there's hope for it yet. First step would be to make this surer clear and break it up into some easy paragraphs. Good luck with the idea!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

There barely are (full) pvm games and u want to get bosses where you need 10-15 people? I'd say more instances like erd would be better
    ¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ 6FLAIR9 `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
    `'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸ ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´
    Shlt, you discovered my secret

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tasakli View Post
    There barely are (full) pvm games and u want to get bosses where you need 10-15 people? I'd say more instances like erd would be better
    That's because players don't really need full PvE games. But there is an active end game community. If they did this, I guarantee you people would have no problem finding a team.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sebbyc View Post
    okay. So i've played many other online multi-player games that have had community bosses or like big group bosses. I'm not talking about like the bosses we have in pl. I was thinking about like bosses that need groups of more than 5 people. Like 10-15 people but have the bosses at different levels for not just people at cap (but this may only work at cap due to inactivity of other levels.) these bosses should do more damage than any boss we have had (nothing insane) and it should have more health (not insane amounts either.) one way to do this would be re making all the bosses throughout alterra and call them like mega meathead or like mega lil'bill. This might be a great way to have larger groups of people team up and defeat group bosses! One spin to these bosses might be timed. So you actually have to assemble a well put together team of bears birds and mages. Another spin to this could be having a set number of players like 5 mages 5 birds and 5 bears min. But create different rules for different bosses to make things exciting! Also another thing to add would be drop rates. Something to change could be have like 1-2 people get a guaranteed good drop of a pink. Or sometimes a rarer elite! But to make someone get at least 1 pink or more rarer, an elite. These items i'm guessing shouldn't be a huge game changer since at least 1 pink should drop each time. But this is just a thought! I'd like to see group boss fighting of more than 5 people and needing strategy to take down the boss!
    cough cough log horizon raids ftw lets do it cough cough

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    388 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    That's because players don't really need full PvE games. But there is an active end game community. If they did this, I guarantee you people would have no problem finding a team.
    I agree but many of the players are in PvP no? Or maybe I haven't been on long enough to see all of the farmers. I feel like merches run the PL community and famers at endgame are slowly waning out. Don't quote me on this though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

It really just depends on the incentive to kill the boss. Awesome gear / vanities? - Totally. Teamwork? - Nah...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sheugokin View Post
    I agree but many of the players are in PvP no? Or maybe I haven't been on long enough to see all of the farmers. I feel like merches run the PL community and famers at endgame are slowly waning out. Don't quote me on this though.
    You have been quoted

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sheugokin View Post
    True, but anytime there's something new, ALL (generalizing, but I would think most) players flood to the new "thing," especially for a game like PL. I don't consider myself a farmer at all, I get no joy out of farming dungeons. However, I would definitely participate in anything that's new.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    388 Posts

True, but anytime there's something new, ALL (generalizing, but I would think most) players flood to the new "thing," especially for a game like PL. I don't consider myself a farmer at all, I get no joy out of farming dungeons. However, I would definitely participate in anything that's new.
    Fair point haha, and I do the same. It feels especially gratifying when you drop a pink/valuable and jack up the prices sooooo high when the dungeon/map recently launched. This X-Mas especially!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

I too don't enjoy farming a ton. I get impatient and I don't even have the time to farm. But I also like participating in new events!
    Sebbyc-110