Thread: Guide to Advanced Mechanics in PL: DPS, Crits, etc.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Great guide hope the devs sticky your guides.
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shemron View Post
    Great guide hope the devs sticky your guides.
    I'm satisfied as long as someone learns something new Or if this helps facilitate discussion on how game mechanics work (which I am interested in).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    I'm satisfied as long as someone learns something new Or if this helps facilitate discussion on how game mechanics work (which I am interested in).
    I still remember about damage and dps from WoW but here weapon speed and damage also affects everyone's skills. I have to try slower vs faster weapons and how much the damage of skills is affected and if this affects healing too. If you have checked this let me know.
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shemron View Post
    I still remember about damage and dps from WoW but here weapon speed and damage also affects everyone's skills. I have to try slower vs faster weapons and how much the damage of skills is affected and if this affects healing too. If you have checked this let me know.
    To my knowledge, damage seen on your skills list is directly adjusted and correlated to the current set of equips you have on.

I had briefly thought about how weapon speed would affect skill speed but since skills are currently spammable without any delay, I don't think skills currently has any dependence on weapon speed. Since the factor of weapon speed activates after you use the skill and all skills have a cool-down time, weapon speed is more or less negated. I just spammed all my skills on my 0.6 weapon speed talon and my 1.0 weapon speed blaster and there was no difference in execution time.

I'm unsure how WoW works, but if weapon speed's definition changed in PL - let's say weapon speed was the actual speed that your skill/attack travels (and not the time in-between attacks, which it currently is), then weapon speed would be a huge determinant on overall damage/DPS. But all skills/attacks between all 3 characters travel at the same rate at this time.