Thread: Mt pet snake "Bubbles" Thanksgiving Dinner

Alaska, Left the heat on & melted my Igloo...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Default Mt pet snake "Bubbles" Thanksgiving Dinner

Name:  EnemySpotted.jpg
Views: 382
Size:  166.4 KB
    Enemy Spotted...

Name:  TangoDown.jpg
Views: 362
Size:  242.5 KB
    Tango Down!!!

Got some very unique pictures of him feeding this time. He has never coiled to eat in the past. Got a few really good angles, just a couple of my favorites
    Proud Officer of Infinite Union
    Downloads -36 Commando * Http -36 Operative * URL -36 Engineer

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bakoffmycandy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

He needs some bedding in that cage lol I bet its cold for him. How regularly do you feed him? I used to have 2 that were over 4 feet each! They ate 2 large mice every 3 weeks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

That is actually his old Tank with nothing in it. I just use it to feed him so he does not associate food with home. I have had him for around 6 months now. Old owner was feeding him one Live mouse per month.
    It took me a while but now I have him on a healthy 2 adult mice every 2-3 weeks. I tried to get him to take to thawed out frozen food but he would never eat them. Guess he was just too used the hunt. Bubs was just under 2 feet long when i got him. Now hes a little over 3 feet & one happy camper.

Name:  CIMG1834.jpg
Views: 375
Size:  222.3 KB
    Here is his current residence.
    Plenty of room to stretch out
    Stuff to climb on & through
    A hiding hole with head pad under it so he feels warm & secure
    Water bowl big enough to bathe in
    Fake plants
    2 mirrors, he actually is a Vain Snake. Loves to look at himself lol
    1 more heating pad in his chill spot
    A twine ball he pushes around
    x2 Reptile Turfs to line the bottom of the tank & easy to swap for cleaning
    And of course his Glow in the Dark Jason mask

He really is a spoiled brat lol
    Last edited by Bakoffmycandy; 12-07-2011 at 01:37 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

I've watched a Boa Constrictor eat a rat before and it's pretty interesting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bakoffmycandy View Post
    That is actually his old Tank with nothing in it. I just use it to feed him so he does not associate food with home. I have had him for around 6 months now. Old owner was feeding him one Live mouse per month.
    It took me a while but now I have him on a healthy 2 adult mice every 2-3 weeks. I tried to get him to take to thawed out frozen food but he would never eat them. Guess he was just too used the hunt. Bubs was just under 2 feet long when i got him. Now hes a little over 3 feet & one happy camper.

Name:  CIMG1834.jpg
Views: 375
Size:  222.3 KB
    Here is his current residence.
    Plenty of room to stretch out
    Stuff to climb on & through
    A hiding hole with head pad under it so he feels warm & secure
    Water bowl big enough to bathe in
    Fake plants
    2 mirrors, he actually is a Vain Snake. Loves to look at himself lol
    1 more heating pad in his chill spot
    A twine ball he pushes around
    x2 Reptile Turfs to line the bottom of the tank & easy to swap for cleaning
    And of course his Glow in the Dark Jason mask

He really is a spoiled brat lol
    Oops.
    Last edited by Artentreri; 12-07-2011 at 12:10 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

Default .

Quote Originally Posted by Artentreri;QUOTE
    And a wooden naked chick to coil up to.
    Too far my friend :/ Remember that young children do browse this site, so please refrain from lewd references. On a side note, your snake really does seem spoiled

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

So I can't say what's in the picture? I understand where you're coming from, and out of respect will edit my post, but I mean really? Come on man, it's all in good fun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Um nice snake lol
    Last edited by Olz; 12-07-2011 at 02:22 PM.
    IGNs
    AL: Dsll - Mage lvl 40 ~ Dslll - Rogue lvl 11
    SL: Olz - Engineer lvl 46 ~ Troopakoopa - Operator lvl 20

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Olz View Post
    poor mouse y post this . 
    Do you eat meat?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cascade View Post
    I've watched a Boa Constrictor eat a rat before and it's pretty interesting.
    Dude watching owls eat rats is intense. I use to help out at a raptor center, and we had to feed all the hawks, owls, etc, and the owls were definitely the most brutal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by grenadiers View Post
    He needs some bedding in that cage lol I bet its cold for him. How regularly do you feed him? I used to have 2 that were over 4 feet each! They ate 2 large mice every 3 weeks.
    'bakoff' is doing the right thing. You are supposed to put your snake in a different cage (I use a box) for feeding. You don't want to feed them in their "living" cage, because they will think your hand is food every time you put your hand in there to pick him up, or what not
    Last edited by Nick41324; 12-07-2011 at 02:07 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Olz View Post
    poor mouse y post this . 
    Do you eat meat?
    Yes. You know what I just had a change of heart as I relised it's the food chain. Forget that post
    IGNs
    AL: Dsll - Mage lvl 40 ~ Dslll - Rogue lvl 11
    SL: Olz - Engineer lvl 46 ~ Troopakoopa - Operator lvl 20

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Olz For This Useful Post:

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

I am trying to get an idea of the scale of that cage, as it must be HUGE. You are saying that ginormous snake can fit into that bowl??

WAIT, is the snake in that picture??? Like behind the branch on the left?? If so, HUGE HUGE cage!
    What are the dimensions of the 'aquarium'?

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adidaman View Post
    Too far my friend :/ Remember that young children do browse this site, so please refrain from lewd references. On a side note, your snake really does seem spoiled
    Are you a mod?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

Default .

Quote Originally Posted by robert7204 View Post
    Are you a mod?
    No sir. But I would not want my child coming on a child friendly game site and seeing something like that. Mod, no. Concerned hypothetical parent, of course.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Hehe yea I did not mention the Lady because of her graphic content ( I would consider it more art than nudity tho, it was widdled long ago by a good friends grandfather ) That actually is his favorite thing to climb on & wrap around.

I have helped feed a Bald Eagle once. It really was something. Who knew such a majestic creature could be so vicious when it come time to eat. The owner had an Endangered Spotted Owl as well behind him in one of the Dog Kennels. I missed out getting to help feed the Owl by a day. I would have really liked to have seen him feed. They were both amazing creatures.
    Name:  IMAG0080.jpg
Views: 488
Size:  236.3 KB

As for his tank, it is 4 feet long by 1 foot wide. 45 gallon tank. It is a huge improvement form his lil feeding tank which is only a 25 gallon. If he stretches out all the way, he has a little under a foot of tank left. His water bowl is deep enough for him to coil up in & take a bath but I don't catch him doing it often. That is him all coiled up under his tree in the tank picture. He can be illusive when it comes to how small he can make himself look.

Boas were the 1rst snake I fell in love with at a young age. My science teacher had a female that was around 8 feet long & thicker than my thigh. I never got to watch her eat back then but I spent time with her any chance I got. She was big! Bubs is getting long but hes still pretty skinny. He has been growing like a weed though. This month alone he has had 3 shed cycles.

Heres a couple more recent pics of him so you can get more of an idea how big he is.

Name:  CIMG1674-1.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  176.0 KB
    The top sword he climbed on is exactly 3 feet 4 inchs long, I tried to put him up there myself & he wasn't having it. So i put him on the Black sword in the middle & he climbed up on the top one all by himself. I think he was try'n to prove a point lol.

Name:  CIMG1656-1.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  188.7 KB
    My happy Bubs playing on the bed.
    Last edited by Bakoffmycandy; 12-07-2011 at 04:49 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

No sir. But I would not want my child coming on a child friendly game site and seeing something like that. Mod, no. Concerned hypothetical parent, of course.
    Dude, it's not like I said anything horrible. If I swore, talked about a part of the statue's anatomy, or something like that I would understand. But no, I just made a little joke. They hear and see worse on the bus ride to school. If you really were that concerned about it you should've just pmed me about it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bakoffmycandy View Post
    Hehe yea I did not mention the Lady because of her graphic content ( I would consider it more art than nudity tho, it was widdled long ago by a good friends grandfather ) That actually is his favorite thing to climb on & wrap around.

I have helped feed a Bald Eagle once. It really was something. Who knew such a majestic creature could be so vicious when it come time to eat. The owner had an Endangered Spotted Owl as well behind him in one of the Dog Kennels. I missed out getting to help feed the Owl by a day. I would have really liked to have seen him feed. They were both amazing creatures.
    Name:  IMAG0080.jpg
Views: 488
Size:  236.3 KB

As for his tank, it is 4 feet long by 1 foot wide. 45 gallon tank. It is a huge improvement form his lil feeding tank which is only a 25 gallon. If he stretches out all the way, he has a little under a foot of tank left. His water bowl is deep enough for him to coil up in & take a bath but I don't catch him doing it often. That is him all coiled up under his tree in the tank picture. He can be illusive when it comes to how small he can make himself look.

Boas were the 1rst snake I fell in love with at a young age. My science teacher had a female that was around 8 feet long & thicker than my thigh. I never got to watch her eat back then but I spent time with her any chance I got. She was big! Bubs is getting long but hes still pretty skinny. He has been growing like a weed though. This month alone he has had 3 shed cycles.

Heres a couple more recent pics of him so you can get more of an idea how big he is.

Name:  CIMG1674-1.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  176.0 KB
    The top sword he climbed on is exactly 3 feet 4 inchs long, I tried to put him up there myself & he wasn't having it. So i put him on the Black sword in the middle & he climbed up on the top one all by himself. I think he was try'n to prove a point lol.

Name:  CIMG1656-1.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  188.7 KB
    My happy Bubs playing on the bed.
    I got to feed a couple eagles at that raptor center, they're vicious.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Heya back off! If he shed 3 times in one month your doing something right. Don't worry too much if he goes off a Reg scedual feeding. I've got a couple decades familiarity with exotics, & ball pythons are notorious for going on "hunger strikes", with little harm ( usually feeding again on their own terms if well provided for). Looks like you're a caring owner, good job!
    Random non-sequiters: 20-30somthing foot burmeese pythons (African) are now native invader inhabitants of Florida, & I was once mauled by a 9 foot monitor lizard. Can't make this stuff up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Suentous PO View Post
    Heya back off! If he shed 3 times in one month your doing something right. Don't worry too much if he goes off a Reg scedual feeding. I've got a couple decades familiarity with exotics, & ball pythons are notorious for going on "hunger strikes", with little harm ( usually feeding again on their own terms if well provided for). Looks like you're a caring owner, good job!
    Random non-sequiters: 20-30somthing foot burmeese pythons (African) are now native invader inhabitants of Florida, & I was once mauled by a 9 foot monitor lizard. Can't make this stuff up
    Hey thanks. I have had all sorts of pets before & this is my 2nd second snake I've owned. As far as pets go Ball Pythons are very low maintenance to take care of & very fun to handle. When he does go on a wierd shed cycle like that it usually only offsets his eating cycle by a week or so. I like to know as much as possible about the animal I am caring for so I research as often as I can. Just this month I came up with a handy method to help with shedding. Living in Alaska it can get quite dry & very cold! So Keeping a close eye on Temperature & humidity is a must. From what I have read, ball pythons like the humidity raised while they are in shedding. To help with this I place a damp washcloth on top of his tank & keep damp. Also learned that from reading.
    What I did different this time was place a damp washcloth on top of his house as well. I could not believe how healthy the shed was. He never shed all in one piece of skin until I started doing this. I was so proud of him lol.

I have been keeping a close eye on the burmese pythons in Florida. Watched a BBC documentary about it not too long ago. From what I understand they are thriving like no other there having a huge impact on the environment. Burmese pythons can grow to the size of a telephone pole. There is close study on what they are eating & what they have been eating since the outbreak. Just about every animal in the habitat are on the menu including a few endangered birds & alligators. Yes alligators! It is a very long fight & either side is liable to win, the gator or the snake. I have even seen instances where a burmese python starting fights with alligators & chasing them off just fighting for the hunting grounds. This topic really intrigued me! There is a lot going on when it comes to wildlife in Florida atm. Be safe my friend.