Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Rerolling to get a green item from a boss - (shouldn't happen)!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Thumbs down Rerolling to get a green item from a boss - (shouldn't happen)!

Ok, so I have noticed this long ago, and i still don't know if it's a bug or not.

So I kill a boss, or elite boss, and I'm like "finally boss is dead ". I have my luck plat re-roll elixir on, and i'm feeling super lucky .
    I kill the boss and reroll a... GREEN ITEM.

My impression of the luck elixir that if you were to get an item, say a purple (epic) item, it would have a chance to re-roll and bump your item to the next level of rarity, (legendary in this case).

Also, I perceive that it is impossible to get a common item from a boss, so how can the item re-roll to a green one?

Comment please

IF YOU HAVE gotten a GREEN item from a BOSS 1 or more TIMES, COMMENT HERE
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=45216&d=1383296273

Ign: frynoodles

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Default Rerolling to get a green item from a boss - (shouldn't happen)!

You actually got a copper elite warchest but your elixir rerolled it out therefore you got a green.
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheMiraclebird View Post
    You actually got a copper elite warchest but your elixir rerolled it out therefore you got a green.
    Hmm, earlier back in the game people told me chests can only re-roll from lower level rarity chests , no?

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

What's even stranger is that I have rerolled to a copper chest.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    What's even stranger is that I have rerolled to a copper chest.
    exactly. I have re-rolled to a common item a couple times myself but i don't know if it's a glitch..

Lady_Pebbles

Seems Im not the only one having probs with these elixirs. Smh, they don't even reroll sometimes (mentiined in my thread but they changed the title -.-), and they hardly last long enough to reroll at the bosses site when they die. So frustrating.

7.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #7
    Spacetime Studios Dev
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    210 Posts

"My impression of the luck elixir that if you were to get an item, say a purple (epic) item, it would have a chance to re-roll and bump your item to the next level of rarity, (legendary in this case)."

You are re-rolling from one loot table to another loot table. Loot tables can contain from 1 to however many items the designer assigns to it. So, for example, if you are in the lowest loot table (with its list of items) and get a re-roll on a common, it's entirely possible that the next higher loot table (with its own list of items) also contains some commons that you have a chance at rolling to, as I understand it. Mostly, you'll get a better item but sometimes not.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lojack View Post
    "My impression of the luck elixir that if you were to get an item, say a purple (epic) item, it would have a chance to re-roll and bump your item to the next level of rarity, (legendary in this case)."

You are re-rolling from one loot table to another loot table. Loot tables can contain from 1 to however many items the designer assigns to it. So, for example, if you are in the lowest loot table (with its list of items) and get a re-roll on a common, it's entirely possible that the next higher loot table (with its own list of items) also contains some commons that you have a chance at rolling to, as I understand it. Mostly, you'll get a better item but sometimes not.

Hope this helps.
    Hmm, sounds extremely confusing and no longer as alluring to use now that it is explained a
    little more. Mostly, but will not always reroll to a better item.... Meh...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts

Reroll - better rarity type I guess.
    duck dynasty falls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

I've had some really terrible runs with reroll, just greens & purples & left with frustration when the timer runs out, and days like today where during 45 mins of storming through easy levels I got these rerolls: 3 Deary eggs, 3 Ribbit eggs, 1 Granite egg, 1 locked crate, a pink item (forget what, sold it for a couple of k) and a gold chest. Plus a Dauphin egg from a daily but that doesn't count except to my growing egg hoard, 27 so far.

Sometimes you get the tough luck reroll elixir
    Sometimes you get the good luck reroll elixir

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lojack View Post

Hope this helps.
    "As I understand it"

You are stating that loot table groupings can be arbitrary and are not consistently made up of the same rarity level (common/rare/epic ... etc). This is quite a departure from all other information given on the subject in the past so I ask that you confirm this for us from the source.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    "As I understand it"

You are stating that loot table groupings can be arbitrary and are not consistently made up of the same rarity level (common/rare/epic ... etc). This is quite a departure from all other information given on the subject in the past so I ask that you confirm this for us from the source.
    Yeah, very odd as not anything like how luck elixers have been described for SL or PL..

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/entr...Enhancers-Work

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

nvm read it wrong
    Last edited by bluotaku; 05-14-2013 at 10:27 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chaim Nail View Post
    I've had some really terrible runs with reroll, just greens & purples & left with frustration when the timer runs out, and days like today where during 45 mins of storming through easy levels I got these rerolls: 3 Deary eggs, 3 Ribbit eggs, 1 Granite egg, 1 locked crate, a pink item (forget what, sold it for a couple of k) and a gold chest. Plus a Dauphin egg from a daily but that doesn't count except to my growing egg hoard, 27 so far.

Sometimes you get the tough luck reroll elixir
    Sometimes you get the good luck reroll elixir
    Thats bad?
    Ive never gotten past a 1k egg from doing levels/ and never gotten a locked crate from it+ in general i just get a ton of epics and rares which are worthless

Am i doing somthing wrong? Or are you doing elite maps or.......

Im not a noob (or at the very least a somwhat experienced noob), i have like 1.5 mil but thats just from buying things cheap over the market and selling high

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

I kind of understand what your saying, but in my impression. *Must read below* LOl.

ITEMS

All common items should be in the same loot table. No one uses them and no one will ever use them.

All green items should be in the next table. There are no 'amazing' green items that should be grouped with the epics. Again, no one really uses them , unless you're just starting.

Most epic items should be in the same table. Some exceptions include rings and necklaces such as Bling Bauble of potency, and Full circuit of Potency. I understand if these are grouped with the legendary items.

Legendary items is a different story. Mostly everyone uses them, and some are elite. I think the elite legendary items should be on the highest loot table.

Note: we cannot get mythic and arcane drops atm so yeah.

Chests

Maybe copper chests are on the higher loot table then copper items. So the lowest loot table for this would be copper chests,

Idk how this works, but maybe silver and golden chests are next.

Then maybe it goes banded copper, banded silver, and banded golden.

Then copper pirate, silver pirate, golden pirate.

Then copper warchest, silver warchest, and golden warchest.

Then presumably elite banded copper, elite banded silver, elite banded golden, etc.. going the same as above except with elite.

Eggs

Since these are legendary, I'm assuming these are on a higher loot table than epics. Are they on a higher loot table than legendary items??

For example.. Do you have the same chance to get a flounder egg from the watcher tombs than a legendary item from them? or nexus from kraken mines than a regular legendary item?

My questions to LoJack:

Does the loot table go like copper warchest are worse then regular silver chests? or silver warchest worse than golden regular chests?

Also, are chests of a certain rarity on a higher loot table than the items in the rarity?

For example, or locked crates on a higher loot table than normal legendary items?

or elite golden warchest higher than regular epic items, or the same loot table?

I always wondered since sometimes I get legendary items drops, and crate drops in the same map (kraken mines).

Thxxxx
    Last edited by wowdah; 05-15-2013 at 08:09 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drgrimmy View Post
    Yeah, very odd as not anything like how luck elixers have been described for SL or PL..

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/entr...Enhancers-Work
    Yes I think they changed the system idk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wowdah View Post
    I kind of understand what your saying, but in my impression. *Must read below* LOl.

ITEMS

All common items should be in the same loot table. No one uses them and no one will ever use them.

All green items should be in the next table. There are no 'amazing' green items that should be grouped with the epics. Again, no one really uses them , unless you're just starting.

Most epic items should be in the same table. Some exceptions include rings and necklaces such as Bling Bauble of potency, and Full circuit of Potency. I understand if these are grouped with the legendary items.

Legendary items is a different story. Mostly everyone uses them, and some are elite. I think the elite legendary items should be on the highest loot table.

Note: we cannot get mythic and arcane drops atm so yeah.

Chests

Maybe copper chests are on the higher loot table then copper items. So the lowest loot table for this would be copper chests,

Idk how this works, but maybe silver and golden chests are next.

Then maybe it goes banded copper, banded silver, and banded golden.

Then copper pirate, silver pirate, golden pirate.

Then copper warchest, silver warchest, and golden warchest.

Then presumably elite banded copper, elite banded silver, elite banded golden, etc.. going the same as above except with elite.

Eggs

Since these are legendary, I'm assuming these are on a higher loot table than epics. Are they on a higher loot table than legendary items??

For example.. Do you have the same chance to get a flounder egg from the watcher tombs than a legendary item from them? or nexus from kraken mines than a regular legendary item?

My questions to LoJack:

Does the loot table go like copper warchest are worse then regular silver chests? or silver warchest worse than golden regular chests?

Also, are chests of a certain rarity on a higher loot table than the items in the rarity?

For example, or locked crates on a higher loot table than normal legendary items?

or elite golden warchest higher than regular epic items, or the same loot table?

I always wondered since sometimes I get legendary items drops, and crate drops in the same map (kraken mines).

Thxxxx
    Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Sorry for necro but today I got a dull knives reroll.. I do not know how this is possible lool