Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Class Balance in CTF PvP Feedback

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by warbluefish View Post
    so now mages and warriors r all support class. to support rogue to kill. .

even with shield on mages r still weak.
    I agree I can only kill an alone mage, that's it.....
    Darko GM of Vengeance | Darkfury Operative | Darkmyth Operative | Darkstone Engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by warbluefish View Post
    i respeced to support mage. shield up. fireball. stun. timeshift slow enemy down. this should be the time rogues aimed shot come in and warriors jump in. lol. and cos mostly ppk join randomly. they just dont know how to fight as a group. most time i end up dead alone up front. no flag. no kills. no satisfaction.

As a warrior I can confirmed that you need to play as a group. I just started PVP. Playing PVE for about 4 months. I try to keep my K/D ratio as low as I can. Initially I was dieing a lot in PVP but now I don't think I am doing as bad as before once I recognize the strength of each player whether you are a rouge or mage and play as a team. A lot of people when they come in they run off by themselves trying to kill everything in sight. The bottom line is if you are cornered by 2-3 persons there is a high chance you are going to die. So if you are a rouge, mage warrior and willing to work as a team then great. If I see the everyone all over the place in the way they play I say so long adieu. lol. Still trying to improve.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

From purely a 5v5 team standpoint, rouges are useless in pvp lol. They barely add buffs for teams and dont inflict many debuffs either.

Any assortment of mages and warriors can make short work of a team with 3+ rogues

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I believe you need a fairly balance team.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Natrich View Post
    From purely a 5v5 team standpoint, rouges are useless in pvp lol. They barely add buffs for teams and dont inflict many debuffs either.

Any assortment of mages and warriors can make short work of a team with 3+ rogues
    Little blue circle of doom. 3 rogue = 9 trash packs.. 4 = 12 trash packs.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Syylent View Post
    Little blue circle of doom. 3 rogue = 9 trash packs.. 4 = 12 trash packs.
    That's assuming the rogues are alive to throw the packs out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

My two cents: I'm pretty sure that class imbalances will go away, if pets are removed from PvP.

P.S. I'm pretty sure too that most rogue users will vehemently disagree with my opinion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

I agree, no pets, more class balance. ...I can actually have good fight with rouges.... and even heard some from the a guild saying "it would be balanced but we don't want warriors to know this. .. so just keep complaining warriors are op even when they aren't. .." (I was on my rouge) and laughed when hearing this especially these people are highly regarded rouges...I guess anything to keep them op.
    Darko GM of Vengeance | Darkfury Operative | Darkmyth Operative | Darkstone Engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

The classes are balanced, each class does its role which is same as in PvE... rogues deal high dmg, mages stun and control the mobs, warriors tank and heal. The problem is that rewards in PvP are individual (for kills and flags) so there is a perception of imbalance.
    If you were awarded for winning a CTF match then there would be no complaints about imbalance since everyone's role would be crucial in gaining that win.
    As it stands now, mages are supremely inferior since they cannot kill and they cannot flag as the other classes do which leaves them with nothing to do in PvP while rogues rack up kills in obscene numbers and warriors do the flagging with ease.

Sometimes GM of Deviant Misfits. We aim to misbehave!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to blakadder For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Natrich View Post
    That's assuming the rogues are alive to throw the packs out

Also assuming we need to after AS, NB and dash.

Or just toss before the start.

My whole point was there is a little to big circle that a Rogue can throw out to give dodge and damage increase along with other benes. Which is a nice buff rather than barely any.
    Last edited by Syylent; 04-01-2013 at 11:23 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Balance seemed to improve. But players will never be satisfied until they feel that their favorite class gets a little advantage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

blakadder , really ?? "mages are supremely inferior since they cannot kill "

mages aoe gets them kills with ease... mages and rouges stack up kills 20-50 each match while warrior is 1-15, and ive gotten up to 23 yesterday cause of timed axe throw to steal kills so to speak...but thats hard to master and gauge...I agree however they have a hard time flagging, but why should they get the same strengths?? should we give them the ability to flag, than give a warrior a skill with 250% crit chance, with AOE damage so we can kill ?? I mean since we are evening things up...see it wont be even with that simple fact... EVERY CLASS has strengths and weakness.. THe issue right now in pvp is a warrior cannot under any circumstance kill another warrior of the same class... period... , a rouge can destroy any warrior 1 vs 1 (equal end game gear) a warrior can destroy any mage (equal end game gear), and a rouge can destory most mages (equal end game gear, some mages can beat some rouges but not as often) if you get over 20 kills a game, you cant complain about your class... if your k/d ratio (like most rouges) is 17000-5000 I dont want to hear it... most warriors have about a 3-7k kill count except those who kill farm...most warriors have more deaths than kills... facts are facts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darko View Post

mages aoe gets them kills with ease... mages and rouges stack up kills 20-50 each match while warrior is 1-15, and ive gotten up to 23 yesterday cause of timed axe throw to steal kills so to speak...but thats hard to master and gauge...I agree however they have a hard time flagging, but why should they get the same strengths?? should we give them the ability to flag, than give a warrior a skill with 250% crit chance, with AOE damage so we can kill ?? I mean since we are evening things up...see it wont be even with that simple fact... EVERY CLASS has strengths and weakness.. THe issue right now in pvp is a warrior cannot under any circumstance kill another warrior of the same class... period... , a rouge can destroy any warrior 1 vs 1 (equal end game gear) a warrior can destroy any mage (equal end game gear), and a rouge can destory most mages (equal end game gear, some mages can beat some rouges but not as often) if you get over 20 kills a game, you cant complain about your class... if your k/d ratio (like most rouges) is 17000-5000 I dont want to hear it... most warriors have about a 3-7k kill count except those who kill farm...most warriors have more deaths than kills... facts are facts.
    This guy wants to be a tank and kill more then DPS do (and not die ofc). Your opinions are getting more and more ridiculous.
    FYI there plenty of warriors with 3/1 and 4/1 ratio, and only few rogues (i haven't seen rogues recently more than 2.5/1 lately unless it's a twink, but everyday I see such warriors).
    Devs admitted its a ctf TEAM game, get over it, warriors still die harder than anyone and have most flags. Warriors define who wins this ctf game.
    Let go 1v1 issues and you will see warrior is superior class in ctf.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I feel like this is a tech version of discussing superiority of rock, paper, scissors.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

nice job pulling half of sentence and putting it out of context!!! are you a journalist? Next time please continue reading until you reach the period sign.

let me clarify:

"As it stands now, mages are supremely inferior since they cannot kill and they cannot flag as the other classes do" means mages are left without a way to make pvp achievements as they stand now. If you ddidn't know those are: CTF kills and CTF flags. Their role is stun & heal and no rewards for that in achievement points and no leaderboard either.

From your rant I see you don't perceive CTF as a team game since you're so hung up on kill counts and kdr's and 1v1's. And I don't know where you keep seeing rogues with kdr 17/5 unless you're staring at the same rogue all the time. If a rogue achieves 2/1 kdr he is considered extremely skilled and OP.

Facts are facts when you read all the facts.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to blakadder For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Please find me a tank with a 4:1 kd ratio that doesn't farm kills...also blak, again I disagrre, its easy for mages to get achievment points for kills...veryeasy, the top mages like bluefish, cero, eggnog, rasi etc. All get kills easily....flags are where they are hurting....warriors are opposite. Flags are easy kills are hard, why should we change that? All im saying is IF you make mages able to flag easier than warriors should kill easier....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jtst View Post
    This guy wants to be a tank and kill more then DPS do (and not die ofc). Your opinions are getting more and more ridiculous.
    FYI there plenty of warriors with 3/1 and 4/1 ratio, and only few rogues (i haven't seen rogues recently more than 2.5/1 lately unless it's a twink, but everyday I see such warriors).
    Devs admitted its a ctf TEAM game, get over it, warriors still die harder than anyone and have most flags. Warriors define who wins this ctf game.
    Let go 1v1 issues and you will see warrior is superior class in ctf.
    We did go 1 vs 1 3/4 finalists were rogues..I got beat by rogue in tourney.. and when did I say I want to kill like that.. I said if u balance there ability to flag than warriors need balance for kills....and again id really like to see this k/d ratio ur talking about... darelol for example has about 1500 kills and 4000 deaths lol he's a flagger tank....tanks who flag die more period....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Please find me a tank with a 4:1 kd ratio that doesn't farm kills...also blak, again I disagrre, its easy for mages to get achievment points for kills...veryeasy, the top mages like bluefish, cero, eggnog, rasi etc. All get kills easily....flags are where they are hurting....warriors are opposite. Flags are easy kills are hard, why should we change that? All im saying is IF you make mages able to flag easier than warriors should kill easier....
    Csyui, i don't know stats of XCS, Norbeh, Ramyunstyle or Evilgoat, but think it can be 3/1-4/1 either. Any rogue with 4/1 k/d that plays in random teams? (there are some that play only with guild tanks so such kdr isn't relevant)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jtst View Post
    Csyui, i don't know stats of XCS, Norbeh, Ramyunstyle or Evilgoat, but think it can be 3/1-4/1 either. Any rogue with 4/1 k/d that plays in random teams? (there are some that play only with guild tanks so such kdr isn't relevant)
    I said that dont kill farm?? I know all those guys, all kill farm, csyui, all he does is flag he will not get one kill in any game ive ever played in with him, because he kill farms on the side (nothibg wrong with that) but not an actual stat for k/d ratio... heres some stats from 9 rabdom players I just viewed....warriors : 5242/3963, 2348/1244, 152/584, 60/178, 320/591.....rouges 6471/4736, 4673/2378, 25005/14839, mage 10989/6236...all random lvl 26s I will continue too add to this list. But the average warrior has more deaths than kills . Heres another tank that's well known has mythic gear too.... chiyuk 3048 kills 6512 deaths. 4000 health, 194.3 dps with slag.... still feel warriors are balanced? Lol
    Last edited by Darko; 04-04-2013 at 01:56 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Wow! You really are completely missing the point! Again!

The point is not to balance sorcerers to do one of the things as good as like other classes. The point is that the current achievement system created the perception of imbalance!

I may have misread or misunderstood the title of this post "Class balance in CTF PvP Feedback". To me it means capture the flag PvP which i understand as team play to collect a certain amount of flags which will secure your teams win over another team. In that regard classes are very much balanced and play exceptionally well.
    The problem is that the achievement system (counting kills, deaths and flags) and a leaderboard for kills and flags create a perception of imbalance since not every class has the same capability to kill or to flag. Sorcerers being the odd class out since their capability in killing isn't as rogues' and their capability in flagging isn't as warriors'