Thread: Guide: The Wheel Of LUCK!! Luck, Rerolls, Loot Drops Explained!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

Loot re-rolls don't always give you loot that is one class up. It re-rolls you into another loot table that could have loot that is one class up. The system consist of many loot tables that the Devs do not disclose.

For example: If you were to loot a Legendary item from an elite boss and Loot Re-roll was activated. What would happen? Would you loot a mythic?

Since this cannot happen, the game would re-roll you into another Legendary item and the system would have to randomly choose which of the two items would be your received loot. If that would be the case, then it would be safe to assume that this scenario could apply to other classes of items (common, green, epic)

Now I could be wrong, but this is just a theory.
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ebezaanec For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wowsome View Post
    actually... here is a dev post indicating that it is possible to re-roll from one "common" to another "common".
    Thanks, will add it to the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by DocDoBig View Post
    Excel and paint for the arrow!
    Just Powerpoint and then screenshot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebezaanec View Post
    Loot re-rolls don't always give you loot that is one class up. It re-rolls you into another loot table that could have loot that is one class up. The system consist of many loot tables that the Devs do not disclose.

For example: If you were to loot a Legendary item from an elite boss and Loot Re-roll was activated. What would happen? Would you loot a mythic?

Since this cannot happen, the game would re-roll you into another Legendary item and the system would have to randomly choose which of the two items would be your received loot. If that would be the case, then it would be safe to assume that this scenario could apply to other classes of items (common, green, epic)

Anything is possible, I don't claim what I posted is entirely accurate, its just a general explanation for players to understand it better.

AL IGNs: Venom, Poison, Elite, Kill, Dude, Hawk, Jerk, Legend
    OaC Android AF IGNs: -Venom-, -Carnage-, -Dude-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wowsome View Post
    actually... here is a dev post indicating that it is possible to re-roll from one "common" to another "common".
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebezaanec View Post

Yep, here is a link to that developer's post. I am not quite to sure why they can't give us a straight answer on this, among many other things (eg armor, damage vs bonus damage, etc). Anyways, may not be as straight forward as rerolling to the next higher rarity of an item (eg from purple to pink). Alas, the mystery still continues...

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...=drgrimmy+luck

Quote Originally Posted by Lojack View Post
    "My impression of the luck elixir that if you were to get an item, say a purple (epic) item, it would have a chance to re-roll and bump your item to the next level of rarity, (legendary in this case)."

You are re-rolling from one loot table to another loot table. Loot tables can contain from 1 to however many items the designer assigns to it. So, for example, if you are in the lowest loot table (with its list of items) and get a re-roll on a common, it's entirely possible that the next higher loot table (with its own list of items) also contains some commons that you have a chance at rolling to, as I understand it. Mostly, you'll get a better item but sometimes not.

Hope this helps.
    Lol, my favorite part: "mostly you'll get a better item but sometimes not." LMAO
    Last edited by drgrimmy; 08-11-2013 at 08:56 PM.