Thread: A discussion to forfend Guild Nuke

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Default A discussion to forfend Guild Nuke

So, we all know a guild Nuker; the guy to obtain certain trust from the master in order to be an officer so that he or she can remove every member from the guild as the master is offline. Resulting in everyone being kicked and confused, the guild losing lb rank, and a lot of drama.

My solution to prevent this action is give the master an option that he can set the guild kick limit for the officer(s). The master has unlimited kicks because he owns the guild, the officer(s) get what ever the master puts into the setting. So if the master inputs 20 kicks then all of the officers can kick only 20 members on that DAY. This limit will reset every day, as I give you an example. Day 1: 5 people are kicked by officers making the limit 5/20. Day 2: the limit restarts 0/20.
    We all know that there are tricky individuals out there, so why not at least have some protection for your guild. In the guild I am in, we rarely kick people so our limit would probably be 4-6 a day at max. This limit can not be set to 0 because officer rank would then be useless other for /o chat.

Leave your opinions below and tell do tell me some of your ideas to prevent guild nuking. Do keep positive activity in this thread, ty.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Encryptions For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

I think this is a gd idea +1

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

+1 nice idea

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    So, we all know a guild Nuker; the guy to obtain certain trust from the master in order to be an officer so that he or she can remove every member from the guild as the master is offline. Resulting in everyone being kicked and confused, the guild losing lb rank, and a lot of drama.

My solution to prevent this action is give the master an option that he can set the guild kick limit for the officer(s). The master has unlimited kicks because he owns the guild, the officer(s) get what ever the master puts into the setting. So if the master inputs 20 kicks then all of the officers can kick only 20 members on that DAY. This limit will reset every day, as I give you an example. Day 1: 5 people are kicked by officers making the limit 5/20. Day 2: the limit restarts 0/20.
    We all know that there are tricky individuals out there, so why not at least have some protection for your guild. In the guild I am in, we rarely kick people so our limit would probably be 4-6 a day at max. This limit can not be set to 0 because officer rank would then be useless other for /o chat.

Leave your opinions below and tell do tell me some of your ideas to prevent guild nuking. Do keep positive activity in this thread, ty.
    Should post a copy of this to Suggestions and Feedback too

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rasp View Post
    Should post a copy of this to Suggestions and Feedback too

Yeah, thought about posting it there but I wanted to get some opinions on it and see if anyone will come up with a better idea . Also I think the developers check discussion more often, I can be wrong.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

+1 Excellent idea to protect the guild, some time ago a guy wanted to gain my confidence to be an officer and when he did he started to kick many people, so I had to get him out of the guild.
    It would also be a good idea for those of us who are Masters to see their aps.

Thanks all for watch this post.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to conat For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by conat View Post
    +1 Excellent idea to protect the guild, some time ago a guy wanted to gain my confidence to be an officer and when he did he started to kick many people, so I had to get him out of the guild.
    It would also be a good idea for those of us who are Masters to see their aps.

Thanks all for watch this post.
    Oh yeah, seeing the aps of a person would be gd

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    150 Posts

Solving an isolated incident with a semi-wide solution could cause a problem

Whatever the "fix" for this could be, i think it should be a toggle for GMs.
    Next it would be " I cant this..., why are you restricting...".

I was online/in guild "Dunno" when a certain smurf got rich af for mass kicking the guild, sad times..still remember years later.

This "child proofing" is low-key a great idea. Support it.

Off-topic but on thread, APs should also be a toggle ...STS probably thinks "newbies" will get shadowed out(which will happen, maturity isnt huge in AL...not many are capable.). Support to Show AP Toggle, either way. I dont play this game anymore, for insight...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

Do people still do this o.0

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

This needs to be done, +1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    121 Posts

APS should be shown. This would save a lot of time & drama. I believe we need another title for APS as well XD.

As far as a officer kick limit STS should have already done this along time ago.
    I don't trust nobody
    I don't even trust my mind
    Losin' everybody
    They can never take the grind
    People always switchin' sides
    People always hit my line
    Never ask me how I'm doin'
    They just wanna waste my time

https://youtu.be/L5QEhsdqTS0

Rogue

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Allset For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Maybe they should make it so that officers can only submit a "boot request" to the GM giving the GM the option to automatically boot without speaking with the accused player or have an opportunity to first speak with the accused player to see if there may have been some misunderstanding or fraudulence with the "boot request"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deuteronomy View Post
    Maybe they should make it so that officers can only submit a "boot request" to the GM giving the GM the option to automatically boot without speaking with the accused player or have an opportunity to first speak with the accused player to see if there may have been some misunderstanding or fraudulence with the "boot request"
    If I understand correctly this will only allow kicks if the master is online. While being offline as a master you have officers who kick the people who break rules. Like a guy cursing or spamming in guild chat would only be able to be kicked if the master is online.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

If I understand correctly this will only allow kicks if the master is online. While being offline as a master you have officers who kick the people who break rules. Like a guy cursing or spamming in guild chat would only be able to be kicked if the master is online.

I was reading too fast. I just read your original post and I agree that a good solution would be to limit the amount of officer boots per day. I say this because there should really be no reason for like 10 people to be booted from a guild in one day. Maybe a limit of 3 per day among all officers, meaning that not every officers gets 3 boots each, only 3 total will be allowed among all officers which means that if 1 officer boots 1 person, the officers can only boot 2 more for that day until the max limit of 3 is reached. But yeah, limiting boots per day would probably be the best immediate adjustment.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Can this get added in the next update?

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Encryptions For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

BIG +1
    As officer in "Dunno" when that mass kick happened, and in many other over the years when everyone comes on to not having a guild, which is total crap, as just happened to us in awakening, I believe this needs to be done. There is no reason that a master shouldn't be able to set a kick limit for the officer rank from 1-20 per day, per person, or something.

Though not all would agree, I believe there should be a kick limit for "masters" as well, like 20 per day or something. In 20+ years gaming I've never seen more then that needed. They should make it way harder to disband as well, still doable but harder. Like a master should only be able to appoint a new master if theres still people in the guild. Its completely unfair as it takes many people working hard and pouring love into a guild to make it great. Its idiotic that one person can ruin many peoples hard work and fun because, their snow cone fell on the ground or they are having a bad day. It would be like a president having the power to disband a country. No one should have that much power as I've witnessed time and time again they can't handle it. If they made it way harder to do it would keep this crap from happening as much. I hope they fix this as it has been a problem in every game I have played. I love this game, it would be rad if sts fixed this problem.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    458 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Desoulad View Post
    BIG +1
    As officer in "Dunno" when that mass kick happened, and in many other over the years when everyone comes on to not having a guild, which is total crap, as just happened to us in awakening, I believe this needs to be done. There is no reason that a master shouldn't be able to set a kick limit for the officer rank from 1-20 per day, per person, or something.

Though not all would agree, I believe there should be a kick limit for "masters" as well, like 20 per day or something. In 20+ years gaming I've never seen more then that needed. They should make it way harder to disband as well, still doable but harder. Like a master should only be able to appoint a new master if theres still people in the guild. Its completely unfair as it takes many people working hard and pouring love into a guild to make it great. Its idiotic that one person can ruin many peoples hard work and fun because, their snow cone fell on the ground or they are having a bad day. It would be like a president having the power to disband a country. No one should have that much power as I've witnessed time and time again they can't handle it. If they made it way harder to do it would keep this crap from happening as much. I hope they fix this as it has been a problem in every game I have played. I love this game, it would be rad if sts fixed this problem.

Firstly with the OP, +420 from me, that's a fantastic idea to be fair and considering how everything else seems to be getting updates, feels been a while since we've had a proper update to guilds infrastructure, guild MOTD being the last i can recall >.<

Secondly the idea of being able to see a members APs... another great idea!! i would add tho that its inclded for officers as well...

1 suggestion id like to throw in there is why can officers kick but not be able to promote some as well? just like if there if there was a points system for how many kicks, could implement that to how many promotions a officer can do of course only upto recruiter rank goes without saying XD would be an incredible step forward along with the other 2 suggestions made!

Lastly, I've quoted the post about masters also having a limit because that would just be the wrong way forward =/ I'm under no illusions that a guild is literally nothing without the people inside of it however most have come into a guild originally because they have gravitated towards particular persons.. so master would draw in officers, officers draw in their friends, an then it expands from there... unless its done right which is near impossible.. most of the time a gm leaves/retires/quits/etc... it will unfortunately always put a divide in a guild.

Majority of officers are pretty strong characters and I'm talking about personality-wise however those personalities are usually kept in check by the person they all respect as the gm... so if a guild is going to be disbanded or fall apart it will always fall down to whoever is GM of the guild and that is the burden that person carries, so taking away the ability to kick everyone for a master is a little pointless.

It would also be a hindrance as I will use my self for this example, usually once maybe twice in a year I will do a mass clean up of my guild and demote and repromote an kick out sometimes anything between 30/100 accounts that might have either gone dead (thank you for being able to see how long since someone last logged) or are just joke alt accounts taking up our limited spaces... every garden needs a good trimming and tidying up to grow beautifully ^.^ so putting a cap for a gm would be (excuse my french) a ball ache.

An regardless of how long guilds been around if as a master you decided to quit and don't feel there is anyone you can pass your guild over to and rather not left to an uncertain future you should have every right to be able to just disband/kick everyone out and close up shop. It's not nice and it is horrible however it's within their right as the original creator and it also makes it that much more important trusting someone when passing them the GM position (even had Remiem as GM once upon a time and that nab went to sleep and didn't log for like 3/4 days >.< so wouldn't be doing that again haha XD)

If you ever join a guild and the GM or the Officers however ever seem flakey or shifty in any way however it should put some red flags up and be telltale signs the foundations may not be quite as solid as it all seems because IMO the GM/Officers are pretty much just that... The foundation of the guild your in, and its performances aren't just solely theirs but its made up mostly of their influences.

So when picking a guild your really picking a community so make sure to explore what's out there as there is a lot and always keep an eye out for those telltale signs... the option to leave fortunately is always there but if you want to take the chance then you are also within your right to do just that too ^.^

1 <3
    Godfather of Arlor
    HSGuild.com | HS Thread | H.O.F | HS Store | HS Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BaronB View Post
    Firstly with the OP, +420 from me, that's a fantastic idea to be fair and considering how everything else seems to be getting updates, feels been a while since we've had a proper update to guilds infrastructure, guild MOTD being the last i can recall >.<

Secondly the idea of being able to see a members APs... another great idea!! i would add tho that its inclded for officers as well...

1 suggestion id like to throw in there is why can officers kick but not be able to promote some as well? just like if there if there was a points system for how many kicks, could implement that to how many promotions a officer can do of course only upto recruiter rank goes without saying XD would be an incredible step forward along with the other 2 suggestions made!

Lastly, I've quoted the post about masters also having a limit because that would just be the wrong way forward =/ I'm under no illusions that a guild is literally nothing without the people inside of it however most have come into a guild originally because they have gravitated towards particular persons.. so master would draw in officers, officers draw in their friends, an then it expands from there... unless its done right which is near impossible.. most of the time a gm leaves/retires/quits/etc... it will unfortunately always put a divide in a guild.

Majority of officers are pretty strong characters and I'm talking about personality-wise however those personalities are usually kept in check by the person they all respect as the gm... so if a guild is going to be disbanded or fall apart it will always fall down to whoever is GM of the guild and that is the burden that person carries, so taking away the ability to kick everyone for a master is a little pointless.

It would also be a hindrance as I will use my self for this example, usually once maybe twice in a year I will do a mass clean up of my guild and demote and repromote an kick out sometimes anything between 30/100 accounts that might have either gone dead (thank you for being able to see how long since someone last logged) or are just joke alt accounts taking up our limited spaces... every garden needs a good trimming and tidying up to grow beautifully ^.^ so putting a cap for a gm would be (excuse my french) a ball ache.

An regardless of how long guilds been around if as a master you decided to quit and don't feel there is anyone you can pass your guild over to and rather not left to an uncertain future you should have every right to be able to just disband/kick everyone out and close up shop. It's not nice and it is horrible however it's within their right as the original creator and it also makes it that much more important trusting someone when passing them the GM position (even had Remiem as GM once upon a time and that nab went to sleep and didn't log for like 3/4 days >.< so wouldn't be doing that again haha XD)

If you ever join a guild and the GM or the Officers however ever seem flakey or shifty in any way however it should put some red flags up and be telltale signs the foundations may not be quite as solid as it all seems because IMO the GM/Officers are pretty much just that... The foundation of the guild your in, and its performances aren't just solely theirs but its made up mostly of their influences.

So when picking a guild your really picking a community so make sure to explore what's out there as there is a lot and always keep an eye out for those telltale signs... the option to leave fortunately is always there but if you want to take the chance then you are also within your right to do just that too ^.^

1 <3
    It wouldnt make it impossible to end ur guild if u wanted. It would only end spur of the moment kick all without thought stupid crap.

But hey that gave me a great idea, if an account hasnt been logged in a month or so it shouldnt count against the kick counter for anyone who can kick. That way its still easy to keep guild clean.