Here's my two cents worth and opinions on struggles for new players
- Levelling Up, especially post level 40. Having to solo certain maps was difficult without a party. Its great if you can join a helpful guild but without that you are relying on being able to solo or random players joining a map. I dont know if its possible but one idea is to be able to "hire" help. Some sort of computer controlled party who can help you without relying on real world players randomly joining your zone or taking pity on you
- Difficulty in getting gold - It's been mentioned before on this thread but its so hard to get gold. All the good gear is soooo expensive and is a real turn off for new players. Sure you can grind away for months on end but few people will do that with such limited returns
- Lack of support post level 40 - It would appear things like the chest players got when they levelled up to boost their gear stopped around level 40. And as the game kept expanding the point support did not stopped. Suggest continuing support until players reach higher levels. Or add other benefits such as accelerated xp or gold gain.
- Story line lost its way - I love the story line in this game but it started to get very loose as you progress through the later zones. At then the Twilight expansion lost me completely. I had no idea how to progress the story, and what to do was not clear at all. Add to that you needed a bed which is really expensive if you guild doesnt have one (though a new player never would have known to think of that) and you couldnt fight the final boss after you reach a certain level. Why would you do that!!!! Any further expansions should have a good story, make it clear to follow etc
- Lack of drops of good gear - Drop rates in the game really suck. Rather than increase across the board, add some specific zones that are only open for players in certain level range that have increased drop rate of exp, gold, good gear etc