Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Preview - "The Skeleton Shrine" Group PVE Event! New DEATHKNIGHT Set!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Looks cool, can't wait!

I like that Gold Tier is hard to hit, it should be -- otherwise there will be too much gold in circulation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    Looks cool, can't wait!

I like that Gold Tier is hard to hit, it should be -- otherwise there will be too much gold in circulation.
    This is true but some people are busy and dont have time to grind the event religiously, thats including me. Birthday weekend so ill be doing family things

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Muzzling View Post
    This is true but some people are busy and dont have time to grind the event religiously, thats including me. Birthday weekend so ill be doing family things
    That's the point, though. Gold tier should not be tailored to free-to-play customers who have busy weekends – it would require the purchasing of platinum to speed things up. This tactic is really quite simple and brilliant, in my opinion, and should be unchanged. I, for one, will definitely not be hitting 100k points. But all this ensures that: A) The hardcore grinders will achieve gold tier once again and 2) the players willing to spend plat will feel more enticed to purchase platinum. For games like PL to sustain, there can't be a level playing ground for both P2P and F2P players in terms of looting unique vanities or having access to different gold maps.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

That's the point, though. Gold tier should not be tailored to free-to-play customers who have busy weekends – it would require the purchasing of platinum to speed things up. This tactic is really quite simple and brilliant, in my opinion, and should be unchanged. I, for one, will definitely not be hitting 100k points. But all this ensures that: A) The hardcore grinders will achieve gold tier once again and 2) the players willing to spend plat will feel more enticed to purchase platinum. For games like PL to sustain, there can't be a level playing ground for both P2P and F2P players in terms of looting unique vanities or having access to different gold maps.
    I spent a good bit of platinum the last mad mages castle. Because I knew for sure I was going to be able to sell the rare vanities I was farming for lots of gold, farmed primarily by, free to play players. There is also discounted enchantments that could also entice people to purchase platinum for those op armors, shields, and weapons. And tradable versions of the vanities for this event to further the incentive.

But we also haven't even seen the format of the event yet. If we can get roughly 10k points an hour without the use of platinum, that's still a 10 hour grind. Then grinding the gold, even for those that purchased platinum to achieve gold tier, takes time as well.

We should definitely wait to see how fast the points accumulate before making any suggestions about if they should stay this, or be lowered to that.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

But there is a balance between catering to P2p and F2P players. In order to have a healthy player base and economy you need both. However the F2P player base will decline if these events are catered solely to those who pay to win, as this one most appears to be. I, and a good deal of my friends I have talked to in game, will not be participating in this event because of the insane point threshold.

I understand the need for exclusivity for gold tier. But that exclusivity comes at the cost of possibly alienating the largest portion of the pl community, the F2P players. I think that the 35k point threshold along with the myxx elixir was the perfect combination. Everyone had a chance to hit gold tier, and plat spenders had a exponentially higher chance of dropping the rare vanities. I do admit that if the points per hour is much higher, than I will be more inclined to participate. Guess we will have to wait and see.

Just my 2 cents though.
    Last edited by Faq; 08-23-2018 at 12:15 AM.