Thread: If you were dev...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

Honestly,
    There is no way to fix all the problems we currently have. Basically up to this point, the recent updates have unknowingly caused a butterfly effect. This basically means; if we make a minor change, it will probably cause another imbalance in another area of the game.
    Consider the following,
    The other day I decided to join lower level games to guide new incoming players on the maps. At one point, a level 4 who had a pet equipped which gave considerable amount of stat changes to him/her joined. Now, is this fair for new players? No ofc, some people want to feel out game when just joining. They want to know how to utilize their class, play the campaign without ease, & not run through mobs really fast (unable to get xp sometimes). Now imagine if we were to debuff these pets in the lower level campaigns. There would be a backlash... My point is, there will always be people who will be complaining no matter what. So as the game went on; enchants, pets, elites, and arcanes were added without taking certain variables into account (pvp, lower level players, and ect...).
    Another example I could bring is the following:
    Pvp at lower levels. Now put yourself in the shoes of a new player who decides to try pvp for the first time because they have that competitive edge. For example: a level 8 or 10 bear with a basic rare set (green) attained from pve (forest haven, quests, dark forest) Nowadays it’s imposible to even utilize this set in a regular pvp lobby due to elites. Pre-op weapon/amulet/ring era, this set would suffice to just have fun and feel out the game. I know this is what got me hooked into pvp. Now I know what you are thinking. I’m sounding kind of biased due to my experiences, but some level of helplessness would probably be felt to the new incoming player due to other people having elites/rings/amulets at those levels. I probably wouldn’t want to stay for too long, I’m curious to know the actual stats of new players in pl. Now what would make them want to stay in this game that has no enjoyment to it? On top of that, these new players are bashed by toxic players for being new. So if I was a developer, I would just create a new balanced game with all properties of this game (including arcanes, elites, and pets with stats which were added into the game post launch.) I would make it balanced and fair. For everyone, pve players, pvp players, and incoming players. I love pl, this is the only way I see their legacy continuing any further. Don’t see pl being an active game anymore. Right now, the end of this game is being postponed due too updates with recycled items with the only purpose of making money for sts. I love you sts, but I see this as unethical. Thats my take, good luck trying to fix the game. The inevitable will happen soon...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SillyJuan For This Useful Post: