Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Break Nekro shield

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Default Break Nekro shield

Hi forumers,

My question is about the shield of nekro.
    When the shield is activated their is nothing we can do only deal DMG till its gone. I want some kind of pet who can break/vanish/disable that shield. I own a maridos in twink and i can't kill nekro users. Heck maridos shud be better then nekro because its a NEW pet.
    when the shield is activated they dont get stunned/panicd/terrifyd or freezed. I want something that can break the shield faster then spamming 2 combos till that shield is gone. I want to stun my opponent again to win my match. Pvp is all about stuns to win a match, but if we can't stun the enemy how we are supposed to win a match?

The difference with SNS when the aa is activated the pools on ground are easy to avoid.
    But nekro when the shield is activated its pretty clear their is no chance we can win (vs and gw perspective). Only if you kill the nekro user first you can win. But in a VS noway you can win..
    I want a pet or maybe a skill that can break that shield. Example a charge aim and when it lands as a crit (or maybe some sort of number based on level) the shield is immidiatly gone? what you guys think about it?

I just hate it that 1 pet can change the whole match in pvp. I want something that can match that pet. I want to stun my enemy again to win it!

Just want some opinions i want to win against a 40m+ pet. I dont want the pet nerfed i just want something to counter it or match it.

I just get fustrated i found noway to kill it -_-
    Lvl 17 Piranhia

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Pets that changed pvp: hammerjaw,slag,samael and now nekro.

You say pvp is all about stuns, i kinda like that pvp is not a stunfest anymore. We have space now to make some strategy instead of just trying to avoid stuns.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

I love that PvP isn't about stuns anymore, but nekro is a bit over the top. I don't want it needed, I just want a non exclusive pet that can effectively counter it. As of now, almost any team with nekro will win a clash unless the other team is incredibly skilled or geared. Even sns was not as much of a game changer because we could counter it. We could retreat once we saw the pools and wait them out. We could time the tanks heal to coincide with sns. With nekro that is not really an option because that shield allows even the most idiotic rushes to become successful.

What I would suggest is to have the shield knocked down after it absorbs 1 stun or panco or whatever other name for stun you can think of. Or perhaps instead of needing it that much make its stun absorption count as it absorbing like 1k dmaage, which in turn makes the shield easier to break.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

To add, it gives some of us something incredible to work for. I would LOVE a nekro. And it looks awesome.

Click my sig for some Arcane Videos!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

This pet is not exclusive, if you work hard you can get it. As AL is supposed to be a prior pve game, if you want to enjoy pvp you have to do some pve first. As you mentioned, you can afford a maridos so it's not impossible for you to get a nekro.

Btw, Sns's pool has 30% chance to banish in pve. Nekro is suppose to compare with sns so ...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

tell me any strategy in this game except stun/timing

absolutely agree with main post
    easy solution to balance it a bit is making shield only for owner of pet

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kixkaxx View Post
    This pet is not exclusive, if you work hard you can get it. As AL is supposed to be a prior pve game, if you want to enjoy pvp you have to do some pve first. As you mentioned, you can afford a maridos so it's not impossible for you to get a nekro.

Btw, Sns's pool has 30% chance to banish in pve. Nekro is suppose to compare with sns so ...
    I'm sorry I don't care what sts says but this pet cannot be looted by only farming pve. Looting a fossil is like getting struck by lighting 10 times. It's possible, but I doubt anybody farms arena with the goal of looting a fossil. I understand you have one but you are in the top 1% in terms of wealth (gear included). For most people, nekro is a dream nothing less.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shinytoy View Post
    Nekro's only usefulness is the shield. You simply cannot ask to break the shield without making the pet useless.

If you want to break the shield of a 40m+ pet and make it useless, that itself should require a 40m+ pet...don't expect it to be a 5m pet or anything like that.

I say give it some time. Nekro is still relatively new. The nice thing about this pet is that the shield is shared by the whole team. Eventually, there will be a Nekro on every time (like we have samael on every team) so you won't have to worry about it.
    The point is nekro broke pvp (more than it already is). It changes a game so completely that its ridiculous. I honestly fear nekro even more than an opponent team of 5 rings. In 1 vs 1 the nekro user can win with his/her eyes closed. Even sns did not change the game this much and samael definitely did not. I don't want a change in nekro, just increase the drop rate of fossil (without plat) to something above 0. At least that way everyone has a chance to own one.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kingofninjas For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kingofninjas View Post
    The point is nekro broke pvp (more than it already is). It changes a game so completely that its ridiculous. I honestly fear nekro even more than an opponent team of 5 rings. In 1 vs 1 the nekro user can win with his/her eyes closed. Even sns did not change the game this much and samael definitely did not. I don't want a change in nekro, just increase the drop rate of fossil (without plat) to something above 0. At least that way everyone has a chance to own one.
    Nekro not broke pvp, it fixed the samael terrify and breeze freeze.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Or lets first just upgrade scorch his 'shield'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Scorch is a speed pet. It's 250 plat only. Imo 15% speed is worth the plat alone so i don't know what people expect to get from a pet that is so inexpensive

lol? 250 plat was a lot for me, and scorch being horrible made it even worse.

As for farming Nekro, sts made fossil available for farming, just to say they did. Look around, farming fossil will make you go broke.

To op- I have the other point of view, I like that there is a pet out there that somehow I can eventually get, that will create balance when I vs all Sam/breeze teams.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    Nekro not broke pvp, it fixed the samael terrify and breeze freeze.
    Samael terrify never changed a clash they way nekro did. Additionally, other pets could terrify so it had a counter.
    I agree breeze was compete nonsense and was a huge mistake on sts part.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Scorch is a speed pet. It's 250 plat only. Imo 15% speed is worth the plat alone so i don't know what people expect to get from a pet that is so inexpensive
    I have scorch, and the critical provided is very powerful. This is much of a rogue pet. For some reason, scorch's AA mentions that it "absorbs damage", but i found out it reduces damage :\

I have 42% crit. I will post the SS soon, I am not trolling.

Coming from a lv40 rogue

-Wazakesy

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Wazakesy For This Useful Post:

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Nekro's only usefulness is the shield. You simply cannot ask to break the shield without making the pet useless.

If you want to break the shield of a 40m+ pet and make it useless, that itself should require a 40m+ pet...don't expect it to be a 5m pet or anything like that.

I say give it some time. Nekro is still relatively new. The nice thing about this pet is that the shield is shared by the whole team. Eventually, there will be a Nekro on every time (like we have samael on every team) so you won't have to worry about it.
    With all due respect, this is horse poop. Nekro's AA gives a rogue a mage's shield & a mage a double shield and a warrior invincibility. It gives stun immunity, has a chance to panic, gives a speed boost, has a super-short CD, slows, and banishes. It gives 15% damage and 10% crit, as well as 40 primary. So its not just the shield...

The point is, SNS is avoidable. Just avoid the glaringly obvious purple pools. Nekro? Mm, no...there's as low a chance for a non-Nekro user to kill a Nekro user as a mage to kill a warrior last season.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Alhuntrazeck For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

This is why Pvp is designed for team fights. I assure you you can beat a nekro team in a clash. Hard for sure but not impossible at all. Being stunned on sns purple stacked pools is horrible. I'm glad there is another pet that is comparable. He's def op but this game is progressive. You can't sit back with samael and hope to be competitive forever. Even recently people were complaining that Sam has been best in Pvp for a long time. Change of guard. It's good for the game.

Click my sig for some Arcane Videos!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kriticality View Post
    This is why Pvp is designed for team fights. I assure you you can beat a nekro team in a clash. Hard for sure but not impossible at all. Being stunned on sns purple stacked pools is horrible. I'm glad there is another pet that is comparable. He's def op but this game is progressive. You can't sit back with samael and hope to be competitive forever. Even recently people were complaining that Sam has been best in Pvp for a long time. Change of guard. It's good for the game.
    They complained that Samael being dominating Pvp for two years, and when finally there's something better, they complain that it shouldn't be better than samael. LOL

20. The Following User Says Thank You to kixkaxx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alhuntrazeck View Post
    With all due respect, this is horse poop. Nekro's AA gives a rogue a mage's shield & a mage a double shield and a warrior invincibility. It gives stun immunity, has a chance to panic, gives a speed boost, has a super-short CD, slows, and banishes. It gives 15% damage and 10% crit, as well as 40 primary. So its not just the shield...

The point is, SNS is avoidable. Just avoid the glaringly obvious purple pools. Nekro? Mm, no...there's as low a chance for a non-Nekro user to kill a Nekro user as a mage to kill a warrior last season.
    This is spot on! I just only want something to break it. I don't care its a pet or some kind of skill (a huge crit)
    In a guildwar the only way to win the match is kill the nekro user first after that its mostly easy. But in a VS match you can't counter it. If you vs'd an sns user you can avoid the pools to stay alive.
    About nekro shield you can't avoid it the only way is to deal dmg as much and fast you can do. But still dealing so much dmg isn't to solution to win.

I don't want the pet get nerfed orso, i just want something that breaks it.
    When i buff maridos on my rogue, people who uses breeze can still freeze me. But with nekro shield its impossible to do something like that (freeze/stuns)

And about people say 'you can afford maridos' 15m or 40m is a huge difference tbh :/
    Lvl 17 Piranhia

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

I agree and maybe maridos should counter some of nekros aa for example if they added a valkin-like slow effect to maridos aa then it would slow down a nekro user. Also i agree with king and think that a what would have been successful samael panic being able to knock down a nekro shield part of the aa is a good idea(you would still have speed). Making a team effort of pets and having them all useful in a clash not just call in a nekro to win and if u did they could call a maridos and use sam to help counter it ;D nekro should be op by how its a one of a kind crafted arcane pet but atleast make 2 pets that can together counter it (sam and maridos) ;D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

I miss the days there were no pets in pvp.
    Pm me if you'd like me to make you custom sig... Happy to help if I got time, and donations are accepted if u love it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

I'm tired of these nerfs

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Twinisland For This Useful Post: