Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Game Outage - 4/21 Please click here for info before posting, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Nope, amazon has no estimated time they think it will be back up.
    Owner of the darkavenger franchise.

Check all my characters out!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oreosadater View Post
    Do we. Have any type of time period in which the game should be back up?
    Grammar much?
    and I doubt anybody knows for sure... We'll probably just hear when it's all fixed up.
    Brotherhood / 兄弟盟 - A guild for 1337 players
    Doapsaint Level 55 Pure Dex Birdie | Supahsaint Level 15 Str/Dex Bear
    Progress to 56 |▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓|

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skavenger216 View Post
    Gotta love the devs, apologizing for stuff they have nothing to do with. Relax guys! No need for apologies, most of us realize that this is beyond your control. As for the idiots on Facebook, ignore them. Even the most intelligent people turn into retards the second they log into Facebook. Facebook does that to people somehow . Lol
    LOL so true

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Best bet is to just forget about PL for the next 24 hours and save yourself the stress.

Yosharu 56 Bear, Yoshura 56 Bird, Aeryol 56 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I wish there were other games like PL on the iphone that I could play while I wait... ITS JUST THAT NOTHING COMPARES

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Gah! Aieeee! *twitch* *flail*
    Last edited by Greyhorse; 04-22-2011 at 03:40 AM.
    That's really my horse!

Klaubocera, lvl 53 ursan ///// PyanfarChanur, lvl 22 enchantress ///// Nozama, lvl 26 avian
    "We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DOAPSaint View Post
    I wish there were other games like PL on the iphone that I could play while I wait... ITS JUST THAT NOTHING COMPARES
    so true....
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DOAPSaint View Post
    There is a game like PL but way better graphics so you need a very high end phone (tegra 2 tablet recommended) and you need wifi to play online and its a huge file and each update you have to redownload it. I played it for an hour and said f it to much screen lag to enjoy and my phone was recommended as a high end device able to play it but the game pretty much only runs smooth on a tegra 2 device. I don't want to say the name here so pm me if you're interested. Edit - It's free on android market now and supports 3G/4G.
    Last edited by Yoshura; 04-22-2011 at 04:23 AM.

Yosharu 56 Bear, Yoshura 56 Bird, Aeryol 56 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Interesting read about the cause off this outage.. http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/04/2...sites-offline/ sorry Pl / STS, I know this is horrible for you. as for us players it sucks too. I just hope it gets fixed soon for everyone, Pl and us gamers
    Last edited by Aralic; 04-22-2011 at 03:55 AM. Reason: Spelling error .said plus instead of pl

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

the amazon now has problem with some of EBS volumes and this results in data not being able to be send/receive from host to server. therefore the server is unable to send/receive data between client and server.

HOST = AMAZON
    SERVER = STS
    CLIENTS = PLAYERS

so in short just wait for xx hours. its won't be up for at another xx hours. its a 2 digit number but less than 20. guess it yourself.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Im blue! I missed my elfie elfwarden wearing a cyber shield and pink merry toy wand i missed my dove nagaskywitch glowing pink with enchanted set(i havent changed my signature picture...oh) but i dont missed my bear orcwarrior with his green crocodile gear! I hope we can play PL via forum Lol

Life is a game, boy. Life is a game that one plays according to the rules. J. D. Salinger The Catcher in the Rye
    Primary IGN: Elfwarden

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

thanks for your patience withus!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

SpaceTime chose Amazon instead of managing their own servers, so in a way, they share responsibility for our inability to access the game. I understand that the EC2 outage is Amazon's fault, but SpaceTime does have some responsibility to their customers to choose a server model that is reliable. Granted Amazon Cloud has some of the best uptime % in the world, and they are a great choice, but just because you chose cloud computing, doesn't absolve you entirely of all responsibility. I think SpaceTime knows this, and that is why it's reasonable for them to apologize a little to us. : )
    Last edited by mclark; 04-22-2011 at 04:11 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Old-school server anyone?
    SLUSHIE - PROUD MEMBER OF REVELATION

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mclark View Post
    SpaceTime chose Amazon instead of managing their own servers, so in a way, they share responsibility for our inability to access the game. I understand that the EC2 outage is Amazon's fault, but SpaceTime does have some responsibility to their customers to choose a hosting model that is reliable. Granted Amazon has some of the best uptime % in the world, and they are a great choice, but just because you chose cloud computing, doesn't absolve you entirely of all responsibility.
    Wow this guy is asking to be banned! Rember people this is a free game with no monthy subscription to provide devs with money to host thier own server, program, comeup with new ideas, etc. Besides even if they did manage thier own servers who says it would be more or just as stable? Cloud has been a very reliable host but this outage is a very big black mark imo.
    Drekkthar 71 Bear, Arthhas 71 Bird, Ilune 71 Mage,
    Dexxthar 66, Ililith 61, Arthhy 56, Ilunie 51, Arthhaz 41, Iluney 36, Drekky 22, Dexximus 16, Dexxlyn 10, Klusterduck 10

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

SpaceTime chose Amazon instead of managing their own servers, so in a way, they share responsibility for our inability to access the game. I understand that the EC2 outage is Amazon's fault, but SpaceTime does have some responsibility to their customers to choose a server model that is reliable. Granted Amazon Cloud has some of the best uptime % in the world, and they are a great choice, but just because you chose cloud computing, doesn't absolve you entirely of all responsibility. I think SpaceTime knows this, and that is why it's reasonable for them to apologize a little to us. : )
    I don't think the devs are to blame at all... Cloud has been very reliable and was probably the best choice. Now that the servers are down everyone suddenly thinks that it was a bad decision to choose Amazon. I'm betting that this will never happen again once it is fixed, and blaming people and complaining about it won't put the servers up any faster. I'm shocked how many people are posting and complaining that have barely joined/posted in the forums before!
    Last edited by DOAPSaint; 04-22-2011 at 04:22 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If they managed their own servers, this game would not be free. They would have to charge a monthly fee to play.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

he is not talking about who to blame. he is talking about responsibilities and he subjected it in a very reasonable way. he is not trying to blame sts for choosing amazon, neither is he blaming amazon for having this problem from what i understand in his post. and responsibilities is what everyone needs to make it a better world in technological or physical state.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Skyler84 View Post
    he is not talking about who to blame. he is talking about responsibilities and he subjected it in a very reasonable way. he is not trying to blame sts for choosing amazon, neither is he blaming amazon for having this problem from what i understand in his post. and responsibilities is what everyone needs to make it a better world in technological or physical state.
    hmmm...?
    SpaceTime chose Amazon instead of managing their own servers, so in a way, they share responsibility for our inability to access the game.
    but just because you chose cloud computing, doesn't absolve you entirely of all responsibility.
    Why would he say that at all then?
    Also, he edited his post a few times to make it sound less like an accusation...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Any way we can get an email / push notification when the server is up?