Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Maps are too easy ... sorry

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Default Maps are too easy ... sorry

I tested the 3 maps and have the following stats
    Lvl 41 rouge ( new crated)
    around 450 dmg ... and .. 2,8k hp (lol)

example Map 2 :
    - The mob pulks are pretty nice .. they stun often xD hard to solo with that rouge
    - The boss... I was able to tank this boss .. with daggers and full melee .. only his very small red zone was able to kill me ..
    - After around 20 kills i runned to the boss .. he spawned after only that amount of kills.. pls increse the kills needed sts

A rouge with that stats shouldnt be able to tank a new boss melee xD
    Pls adjuse boss dmg and make it harder. There should be a "need" to have a tank (warrior ^^)

Iam saying this as a endgame rouge with nekro ... i like team play but this test showed me there is really no need for a team.
    A normal full legendary rouge can nearly solo everything in this content ... with mythic it should be boring.

For me there should be hard work (especially team play) and not just runnig trough maps ...

My opinion .. :/

Anyways i like the grafics and the music is nice xD
    Also the f2p Layout of the cap is really nice for the farming community , ty

2. The Following User Says Thank You to morgy84 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Well I tested on a 4,8k hp, 670 damage, 1650 armor rouge and I can tell you that those maps are harder than tindirin normal maps. The giant Orcs take more hits than the Giants, vines, or the dogs in the planar tombs. The last boss (third one) has a charge attack which can one hit me (sometimes) or or take me down to 5% hp.

My tests were done in solo (ghost) pt. I intentionally stood there to see what is gonna happen.
    Anyway I kindly ask you to think about what is gonna happen to the mobs when they are scaled to elite with all the stuns going on.
    Last edited by Jazzi; 06-12-2015 at 05:11 PM.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jazzi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Only 3 new maps? There have always been at least 5 per expansion.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

These mobs are actually pretty hard, if they are in elite mode. Also the last boss one shot me almost everytime, I have 1700armor and 5k hp on my rogue .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

compare normal maps with normal maps, elite with elite...

i think the most relevant post about difficulty is from jazzi...

thank you
    always milking, no service
    AL IGN: Extrapayah/Extraparah/Extrajelek
    Support Shared Pet Stable Please!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,015 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    Only 3 new maps? There have always been at least 5 per expansion.
    Thata what I want to know. Just three maps?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

These maps are harder than tindrin regular o.o also, so many stuns, in tindrin, only giants stun. These maps are stun central... Which Cara said is international. Picture these maps on elites, it would be way harder than planar in my opinion. After all, who runs regulars for really good drops? Everything worth a decent amount, such as, planar of brutality, elite chests, Archon, planar chests, etc. Are on the hardest maps.... we won't be farming these on regular for those awesome drops...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shinytoy View Post
    I agree with this post. I understand the difficulty is scaled down on these maps, but the problems here are with long term difficulty. There is no mob density anywhere on these maps. The mobs have extremely short leashes and are usually in packs of only 5 or 6, which means small pulls and easy to manage which will lead to 4 rogue parties again.

I noticed that some of the mobs toss you around a bit but this isn't going to create a situation where a warrior will come save the day.

What I'd like to see is to increase the mob density and remove the leashes all together. I've always thought parking mobs and being able to run to boss was silly. Make it so that all of the mobs chase you all throughout the map, just as the big guy do in Planar Tombs 2/3 and in Shuyal. This will make it so having a tank and mages in the party will allow for massive pulls. Big pulls will equal faster run times.

The bosses also have small red zones and they do attacks that all of us are already familiar with. We know how to avoid them. For example the straight red zone, circle red zone or conical red zone or even the reflect like from Alpha Wolf. I'd like to see bosses that require different techniques or combinations to beat and figure out. If you remember the old game Mike Tyson's Punch Out [I think I just revealed my age], you will recall that the game was difficult from the very first couple of bosses and it kept getting more difficult. You didn't acquire new gear to make it easier but, rather, you had to learn different strategies that were applied to each boss and you memorized these strategies and combinations which made you better.

All-in-all, I am impressed with the graphics and I thought it was cool that you can take two different routes on some of the maps. I'm excited to see the new arcane pets and I hope they're OP from the start. Please don't make it a repeat of the Singe or Nekro situation where the newest, latest and greatest pet in the game was a total flop for almost the entire Tindirin Expansion. Please keep in mind that we're looking for these new arcane pets to be much better than any pet in the game now. We don't want to use Nekro until the year 2017, like we used Samael for 2 years.
    We? We don't all have Samael or Nekro or Singe. In fact, there are far, far more players that don't have those pets than do. We would all suffer greatly if Rengol Arcane pets are significantly better than Nekro, who is already far too powerful. We have all noticed that extremely wealthy players already have a massively unfair and insurmountable advantage over upper middle and middle class players. We would like to see the power of op arcane pets lowered, not increased. We would appreciate it if extremely wealthy players would consider that they aren't the only people who play arcane legends and that we outnumber them - by a few orders of magnitude.

Member Arlorian Realtors Association

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Niixed For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thundyrz:2186320
    We? We don't all have Samael or Nekro or Singe. In fact, there are far, far more players that don't have those pets than do. We would all suffer greatly if Rengol Arcane pets are significantly better than Nekro, who is already far too powerful. We have all noticed that extremely wealthy players already have a massively unfair and insurmountable advantage over upper middle and middle class players. We would like to see the power of op arcane pets lowered, not increased. We would appreciate it if extremely wealthy players would consider that they aren't the only people who play arcane legends and that we outnumber them - by a few orders of magnitude.
    I agree for the most part, that the Dragon Enclave and planar seasons felt more directed towards the rich that held such a great advantage in terms of stats and playability over the casual upper-middle class players. But what we need is for the new legendaries/epics to be buffed significantly to cover the gap created by the failed itemization system executed in the previous expansion (where top gear was evolving faster and better than the next-one-downs).

46 legendaries should be made better than the 41 mythic weapons once the 46 mythic wpns are released, and this new mythic armor set should definitely be better than the Lv41 imbueds, and the 46 elite legendaries should be better or at least on-par with the imbueds as well. The middle class needs a tremendous buff, and the upper class needs only a slight buff in order to repair the damage brought on by the lack of previous attention to the middle class.

New Arcane pets should be slightly better than Nekro. Everything OP now is a year old, its time for new items. They only need to buff the legendaries significantly.

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zylx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zylx View Post
    I agree for the most part, that the Dragon Enclave and planar seasons felt more directed towards the rich that held such a great advantage in terms of stats and playability over the casual upper-middle class players. But what we need is for the new legendaries/epics to be buffed significantly to cover the gap created by the failed itemization system executed in the previous expansion (where top gear was evolving faster and better than the next-one-downs).
    I recall Samhayne referring to itemization, but I never saw a full explanation of what it actually meant. What was the official purpose of the itemization system? It definitely created an awkward gap where regular players who didn't spend $300+/month on the game got left in the dust in terms of gear and pets. Scorch as the *only* mythic pet seems the most obvious example of that system.

Forgive me Rav, this is the last off-topic post I'll do on your thread.
    Last edited by Niixed; 06-13-2015 at 01:24 AM.

Member Arlorian Realtors Association

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thundyrz View Post
    I recall Samhayne referring to itemization, but I never saw a full explanation of what it actually meant. Was the official purpose of the itemization system? It definitely created an awkward gap where regular players who didn't spend $300+/month on the game got left in the dust in terms of gear and pets. Scorch as the *only* mythic pet seems the most obvious example of that system.

Forgive me Rav, this is the last off-topic post I'll do on your thread.
    I assume they either scrapped the idea and went with the event system at the last minute, or it meant constantly releasing better gear counting AL as one single population. Gear isnt linear. They can't expand everything one way, they have to distribute everything in economic groups and improve everything in similar relation to the others.

When it all goes one way, then the top players get improved, while everyone else stays the same due to the demand significantly outweighing the supply (which isn't the problem). The problem is that this caused the upper class to jump a huge gap ahead of the middle class while the middle class took a baby step. What should have happened was to have all three classes progressively take moderate leaps simultaneously.

As a middle class rogue, I could plainly see my hp drop below 5% in the same attack as a upper class rogue dropping to a mere 60%. I could also see their damage being double my damage output.

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

I find the mobs very interesting and well-thought. Stuns, pulls, buffs. Plus, some of them hit hard even on normal difficulty and require a lot of hits to kill them (like the big trolls). Should be interesting on elite difficulty.

The thing that bothers me is - like shinytoy said - the low density combined with short leashes. I really hope these maps don't end up being Wilds v2.0.

17.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #13
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

In regards to mob density on the maps, it relates back to our previous networking concerns during last Halloween. Disconnects were running rampant, and as a result we have made conscious efforts to minimize unnecessary network traffic typically caused by extreme counts of enemies and specific abilities as well as leashing ranges. They all have varying weights, but as a result we've decided to change our approach to mob design to allow for more interesting mob interactions in smaller quantities. This is not likely to change for performance reasons at this time.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

What I'd like to see is to increase the mob density and remove the leashes all together. I've always thought parking mobs and being able to run to boss was silly. Make it so that all of the mobs chase you all throughout the map, just as the big guy do in Planar Tombs 2/3 and in Shuyal. This will make it so having a tank and mages in the party will allow for massive pulls. Big pulls will equal faster run times.
    Totally correct.

This type of gameplay was once in a long time past, one of the most satisfying ways to run a map

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

I think they need to add mobs/bosses with heavy DOT. This will make mages useful with curse and will have to rely on a warrior with horn of renew globes. Kiting won't help. Some pets that remove DOT may help but overall the strategy will rely on rogues hitting the one causing the most issue while staying close to the warrior for horn of renew since he/she can't pot as quick. The mage can use curse to quickly destroy the group and usual mob control stuff.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ravager For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    Thata what I want to know. Just three maps?
    Out of 5 maps there's usually 2 that people favour for running through the season. I don't know how they're going to fit all the loot into 3 bosses, or if this means there will only be one map that everyone runs. Personally, I prefer to have a choice in the matter. 5 shorter maps would be much better than 3 long ones. Especially if the mobs aren't groupable.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,015 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    Out of 5 maps there's usually 2 that people favour for running through the season. I don't know how they're going to fit all the loot into 3 bosses, or if this means there will only be one map that everyone runs. Personally, I prefer to have a choice in the matter. 5 shorter maps would be much better than 3 long ones. Especially if the mobs aren't groupable.
    Plus we were still running maps 1-5 for a very long time in elite tind. It really didn't scale back to two until at least 6 months after elites came.

Would be neat if they stuck in a mini boss that you can either hit or skip on these long stretched out maps.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

"Said the maxed GEAR player"
    Any concern to middle players how can we run if sts makes it harder?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

I like this suggestion Rav. I didn't see Carapace's comment above until right now. I suppose if mob density isn't gonna happen, then we need to think outside the box. As it is, it's a perfect map for a 4 rogue party, so sometime has to change.
    A mage or two will make the runs (at least the mobs' part) easier and comfortable, however I really do not see where warriors fit in this, especially in high geared parties. Anyhow I like Ravager's suggestion as well

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

With only 3 maps and no decent density, I see people being bored out of their minds again within a month. Just don't understand the logic on a couple of tediously long ones with everything spread out, over more maps which could be shorter and denser. It can't be a time thing, they managed to knock out the first few seasons within a few months of each other. This has been well over a year. While I understand events take time and work, I'm still very underwhelmed with the sounds of this expansion.

The legendary pets look sad if the stats are accurate, further increasing the gap between normal and arcane players. Gear is gear, but ultimately it's playable content that is needed.,So little of it - most of which sounds like a stunfest (which I find interrupts the flow of gameplay when used too much) is disappointing. Was hoping this would generate some long-term interest, but looks like not so much.
    Last edited by Serancha; 06-16-2015 at 04:12 PM.