Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Official PvP Feedback Thread: Class Balance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

The problem is, have you ever tried sticking together with 2 or 3 other warriors and stomping the entire map? And of course you get less kills as a warr because rogues are stealing your kills lol.

Usually these days, the team with more warriors on their side will have an advantage over the other team. And warrs are the last to die in teamfights. And during 1on1 matches, they last long enough with the correct build for their teammates to arrive.

So as a conclusion, if warrs go 1on1 and roam, they're easier to kill but their stun and decent high damage makes them formidable.
    And if your enemy warriors stick to a bunch and you have no warriors on your team.....bye lol.

The damage output of 5 rogues wouldn't be able to take down 5 warrs before the rogues have all their mana depleted in my opinion.

Warriors can easily dominate in pvp currently but the stats doesnt show it, because their kills get stolen easily lol.

Yeah I'm ranting..... T.T sorry..... I need to let this out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I can somewhat agree to your point on teaming warriors. It's not a fun way to play but I guess it works. I prefer my playtime to be fun though so I usually do not enjoy steamrolling on other teams with a pack of stomping orang-utans.

Where I do not agree however is your statement on our 1vs1 survivability and team fight survivability. I'm always the first to die. Usually from a few rogues 20 meters away that unload their charged aimed shots as soon as they see someone.

I'm not asking for the moon. Actually I think pvp would be a lot better if rogues were less squishy but didn't have that 1 hit 1 kill ability. Then we would actually see rogues do something else than drop healthpacks and spam aimed shot (some dont even do that and just spam aimed shot, which actually works so even potheads can own pvp atm).

Warriors in demonlord wouldnt be soloed by lvl20 rogues in crap gear (yours truly) and mages would not disappear from the battlefield as soon as their shield is down.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Gah..sry guys but i think war is way to advataged. Their stun once it hits,lights out. They just womp on ppl til they are dead with no chance to defend bc stun last so long. And mages fireball, pretty overpowering as well. Imo rogue has least adv. Ppl complain about bow stun but that doesnt last nearly as long as war n mages. Plus they are up against two opponents who both potentially have shield and dont have to run around to eat up their own heal. Fixfixfix pleaseeee.
    Also,bring back pets

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Ah, sry I totally agree on wars range too. Its ridiculous. Ive been well away from a warrior and yet somehow his swing still manages to hit me at nearly other end of corridor. And you wonder why rogues sit n spam arrows....stop complaining warriors your the most advantaged class atm with a good setup.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Why do you assume i'm complaining ? I'm not married to warrior class ffs, i have 3 toons which I play pretty much equally, I'm just voicing what pvp feels like for me, playing all 3 classes, in a pvp feedback thread.

My ultimate concern is to have a good time the night I feel like logging on my war, rogue or mage. So far my war is the least enjoyable in pvp for the reasons I've stated above. You have the right to disagree with me but sorry, no i'm not complaining.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nicoB View Post
    The devs are working on the new expansion. i dont think pvp is top priority. i would expect major changes in pvp with the new expansion
    Something as simple as cutting rogue damage in half on a certain ability is the single biggest balancing thing they could do in one shot (pun intended) but they dont seem to care about their game being even closely pvp balanced while they work on an expansion? That would be silly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Heiki View Post
    Why do you assume i'm complaining ? I'm not married to warrior class ffs, i have 3 toons which I play pretty much equally, I'm just voicing what pvp feels like for me, playing all 3 classes, in a pvp feedback thread.

My ultimate concern is to have a good time the night I feel like logging on my war, rogue or mage. So far my war is the least enjoyable in pvp for the reasons I've stated above. You have the right to disagree with me but sorry, no i'm not complaining.
    Doh, no one said you...why take it personally?
    I think most peoples aim is to have an enjoyable time.

I too have all three classes and think each has advantages and disadvantages but theres nothing enjoyable about being stunned and pumelled by a war with no chance of defense or being slaughtered halfway down a hall bc a war happens to swing his sword at the other end.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Sorry i dont agree. Mages fireball is deadly. Mage can hit rogues once and dead with that thing or close too it.
    Warriors def seem stronger. Ive seen them skyward smash and kill four players at once...thats balanced.
    What i have noticed also is stun doesnt seem to affect wars as much if at all more times than not now. Ive seen several times mage n rogue go to stun war m he just keeps walking. That is when hes not jumping over map to base and scoring

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It seems like the lvl difference is abit too big because sometime when i go into games that are lvl 17-20 i easily get owned by people who are lvl 20 and i also noticed that mages does'nt even seem a chance in pvp because when i play both my knight or rogue i easily kill mages. I feel that mages could be buffed up a lil.Also i agree on some comments saying to let us turn the camera view because i easily get backstabbed!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by reneedrey View Post
    Sorry i dont agree. Mages fireball is deadly. Mage can hit rogues once and dead with that thing or close too it.
    Warriors def seem stronger. Ive seen them skyward smash and kill four players at once...thats balanced.
    What i have noticed also is stun doesnt seem to affect wars as much if at all more times than not now. Ive seen several times mage n rogue go to stun war m he just keeps walking. That is when hes not jumping over map to base and scoring
    This is hilarious. Please at least make your whine a tad more believable. Skyward killing 4 people at once was 4 people having less than 200 life left in a 6 meter radius. How often does that happen?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by reneedrey View Post
    r u for real? i never killed a fully geared rogue with a fireball unless they r poor geared and not with full health.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I've been getting some great feedback as a mage player recently from well made up teams, usually 2 warriors and 2 rogues or 1 warrior and 3 rogues. Now the rogues who aren't intent on just soloing all over the map (which is a fair few of them) seem to quickly pick up on the fact that when grouped and facing another team my ability to refill their mana periodically becomes invaluable. So my kills still suck but I'm dying less and have found a real niche for myself in PvP encounters.

Essentially what I'm doing is allowing a rogue's killstreaks to continue indefinitely whilst providing modest stun support from behind, the rogues that have been willing to work with me say they find that their kills per game increase dramatically whilst their deaths have diminished. Now mages are still most definitely underpowered, we need a damage buff and our skill perks back please.

But I've been saying that all along, what I'd really like to see which would make a huge difference would be some breakdown of amount of hp/mana healed per game, perhaps even a support class section on the leaderboards. Anything to reward the efforts I go to to support a team of rogues in their endless slaughter, because at the moment I'm directly leading to or assisting heavily in a lot of kills and getting nothing to show for it.

It might be besides the point though, as people have been noting the development team seem to have gone silent and it doesn't look like PvP will be getting a fair rebalance anytime soon. A new expansion means more plat purchased, more money. So I guess that explains their priotities, but I'd really like to see something done to reassure the player base.

Personally? I don't think any class should be able to heal in PvP except the mage class, and I think some sort of piecemeal record of amount healed should be broken down player by player at the end of each game so that we aren't just bowing our heads and humbly allowing the other classes to rack up points that matter.

As others have stated, very few mages are left playing PvP, people are leaving the game and you are relegating an entire class to the dustbin. Throw us a bone.
    Last edited by Tribalware; 01-30-2013 at 02:41 PM.
    WIN!? How could you possibly hope to win? You're not fighting a belief you're fighting a psychological imbalance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I think there should just be a won/loss record. I tend to play the support mage role, and I find my teams win like 80% of the time because most other teams don't have a good support mage. So I would love to see a won/loss record added for CTF.

To avoid issues with people leaving games in the middle, you can work it like this:

1) If you play the whole game, then obviously you get either a win or a loss.

2) If you leave a game in the middle, then if your team wins you don't get credit for the win, but if your team loses then you get a loss, i.e. you must finish the game to get a win. This will discourage people from leaving games in the middle since there is always a chance you can come back and win.

3) If you join a game in the middle, then if your team wins you get a win, but if your team loses then you don't get a loss (since maybe you joined when your team was down 4-0). It will also encourage people to join games in the middle that have open slots since there would be no risk of doing so. So games won't fall apart in the middle because everyone leaves.

This will encourage team work and cause people to actually care about winning the game.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 01-30-2013 at 03:40 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Guys come on. PvP is fine. People are learning how to actually play their classes. And let's be honest here, there are 3 classes, one is bound not to be quite as good as the other two in PvP. There are still some very good mages in PvP, I am actually surprised there are not a bunch more. The skill sets for mages make them very competitive, I mean do you see the amount of stuns they can do? They are also invaluable in group battles. If anything Warriors are OP just because when used correctly they can demolish teams and come out of 1v3's alive. Rogue's are definitely not OP anymore. People need to stop complaining the game is unbalanced just because they get killed a lot. It takes experience to be good at something, go practice, or maybe PvP is just not for you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gassyllama View Post
    Guys come on. PvP is fine. People are learning how to actually play their classes. And let's be honest here, there are 3 classes, one is bound not to be quite as good as the other two in PvP. There are still some very good mages in PvP, I am actually surprised there are not a bunch more. The skill sets for mages make them very competitive, I mean do you see the amount of stuns they can do? They are also invaluable in group battles. If anything Warriors are OP just because when used correctly they can demolish teams and come out of 1v3's alive. Rogue's are definitely not OP anymore. People need to stop complaining the game is unbalanced just because they get killed a lot. It takes experience to be good at something, go practice, or maybe PvP is just not for you.
    Well said, everything u said is true.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vystirch View Post
    Well said, everything u said is true.
    Says the rogue. And you are both wrong and very evidently never played a mage in CTF.

There's not just a few people who sees this glaring imbalance. And its frustrating to see people who is active in the forums easily dismiss our claims, and telling us how we should play.

If a class is OP, then the game is not balanced.

You are not even a mage so you don't see the frustrations in our class. Be a team player? I'm sorry, but out of all the classes warriors have the best skills to support a team. And even then they don't need anyone else but their class to do well in CTF.

And what support skills? The only support that anyone wants is our fireball knock back, and that too rogues and warriors want to get nerfed.
    Our heal is a joke as it does not benefit anyone when we are one shorted before we can use it.

Our sets of stuns? What sets of stuns? Only 100% knock back is fire and a charged normal stun. All other skills randomly works.

Game is not balanced when we don't have the same opportunity as the other classes to flag or make PvP kills. And this is the same stats that all classes are scored on.

I have over 1000 kills, and I also have a fully decked warrior. Playing mage is playing on hard mode.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So i'm a level 8 mage, 397 kills, 60 deaths. Stun lock is the key to winning battles. Sometimes I miss time it as I'm learning and dealing with lag but when i get it right I'm good to go.

What i completely agree upon is the ice spell, so disappointing that it really doesn't do anything other than add damage. Wasted a respec to find that out.

Dev's please fix ice.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Lvl to 21 first, the game changes a lot.

I agree with Tribalware as I play my warrior as somewhat of a support to rogues too, gave up on racking kills in. For this to be remotely satisfying though we need a leaderboard or a CTF match summary that shows a tad more than kills and deaths.

On a side note, Its a bit sad that 2 classes are relegated to support something as basic as a rogue. I'm gonna make a troll build with just aimed shot and the rest in passive, i'm sure ill still demolish people.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Heiki View Post
    Lvl to 21 first, the game changes a lot.

I agree with Tribalware as I play my warrior as somewhat of a support to rogues too, gave up on racking kills in. For this to be remotely satisfying though we need a leaderboard or a CTF match summary that shows a tad more than kills and deaths.

On a side note, Its a bit sad that 2 classes are relegated to support something as basic as a rogue. I'm gonna make a troll build with just aimed shot and the rest in passive, i'm sure ill still demolish people.
    I've tried the build before and it doesn't work as well as you might think. The odds are you won't get that 1hit KO on your first shot and in the 2 seconds it takes to recharge, your pretty much dead.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

You sure?

Play with bow and during the recharge time you charge a bow shot for a stun. Im not sure which skill from the rogue set can save you from getting killed in 2 seconds.