Thread: Chance of drop arcane fields

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Analytical View Post
    I believe you mixed up another meaning for RNG with event loot i.e. the amount of gold drop from evg boss. The amount of gold is determined by a random number generator that generates from say 1k to 5k base gold. For simplicity we may omit the drop rate of the type/amount of gold drop. (However to be more precise, RNG here may imply the chance of getting (same meaning as drop rate) 1k base gold is assumed to be the same as the chance of getting 5k base gold --- although I kinda doubt it is purely RNG but more of drop rate x RNG. Drop rate being higher for 1k base gold drop and lower for 5k base gold drop, most common for say 2k-3k base gold drop)

NOTE: Not sure if you read the whole explanation, here's the paragraph I mentioned about RNG:

For event loots and lock crates loots, RNG works a little differently, not as simple as evg boss gold drops, simply because they definitely have another thing we call drop rate. Drop rate essentially means regardless of how low the % could be, you will have a chance to loot that item, therefore it is included in the lootable.

Now to your questions/remarks:
    1. Study your math before you comment. What I meant by guaranteed is a direct translation from mathematical terms likes percentages %, not an opinion of mine. Given a particular drop rate for an arcane item, regardless what % is (could be 0.002%, 0.005% etc), you are guaranteed to loot the arcane after a set amount of times. This applies to both event loot or lock crates loot. Very basic math ---- drop rate of 0.002% is the same as saying 1/500 times.

2. RNG DOES NOT EQUAL Drop rate. If it does, the market would have already been flooded with arcane's like it is common stuff.
    In this context and pragmatically speaking, RNG is essentially: Given a particular drop rate, say, chance of looting an arcane from lock crates is 0.002%(1/500), then RNG will determine the TYPE of arcane you got depending on how many arcanes are in the lootable. If they are 10 arcanes types (eggs, gears etc) RNG basically means you will randomly roll one type out of them(RNG probability = 1/500 x 1/10 = 0.2%)

P.S. this is a 1 year old thread. Don't have to quote me on an old thread.
    false x2. Dropping something arcane is not guaranteed.

Pd: if you are such a good mathematician, what are you doing here teaching?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Nocturnus For This Useful Post: