Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'll leave this here (controversial)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Default I'll leave this here (controversial)

Hey,

I was curious so sent STS a mail asking whether a player is allowed to sell their item for whatever price they deem fit, and here's the reply.

I am not involved in any sort of manipulation, I am not very rich to begin with :3

Just been seeing people accusing others a lot lately over something that doesn't make sense; someone been calling others mentally ill for selling their items for a high price..

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to umarrahim For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

That's is totally the point...u can put the price that u want for the item like that guy of lepre banner did,i don't see any negative point on that,all know that his auto price is like 2x more than the normal,is just don't buy it...I believe that only fake c/o's are the point of manipulation and shouldn't be tolerated.

Sent from me.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to caabarader For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

I’m not against players selling x item for the price they want. It’s their item, so they can do whatever they want with it. What I see as the problem is when x player (not referring to someone in specific) uses the c/o system to manipulate the price and take the money out of the pocket of someone that is desperate to buy x item.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Well, even though c/o can be abused, the same concept applies, if it's too expensive, don't buy it.

If you are desperate, you are the one making the mistake by buying. Also, I find it very hard to prove or disprove when someone actually got an offer. I don't think Sts expect us to screenshot everytime we get an offer.

In short, be smart and patient.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

My view is that people can sell it at whatever price they want. They can list a bunch of fake or real current offers too. If you don't like it or a little interested, just drop your best offer to them. They may or may not sell it to you. Auto is set, and auto is always high!
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Ok'Tal Prisonㅤ Youtube:ㅤㅤ Gaming Apostle JㅤGuild:ㅤ <Apostle>
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

I ALWAYS take advantage of the auction... hahahaha...do it do it do it... <3

LINKS CAN HACK YOU, now visit the wiki ;D
    https://arcanelegends.fandom.com/wik...e_Legends_Wiki

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

I don't like the manipulation but it's just some players strategy. Some are more complicated and it's hard to figure out what the "real" price is. Honestly tho an item is worth what someone is willing to pay. It's always like that. If you buy I at a price that's what it's worth. There is no set value on anything in game out side of plat. So whatever price something sells for that's is the value to someone. If you pay more then someone else it's irrelevant. Also, no item is worth blindly buying. Something else always comes along. If the item is something rare that doesn't come along often then there is no set price. It's worth whatever your willing to pay. Even if someone lies about a c/o if the price is to high move on. By to high I mean more then you want to pay. All these threads complaining are getting old. Fake or real doesn't matter at all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Scam or not scam that strategy its up to you if you fall for that, your choice, if your rush to buy it so need to sacrifice if you like it so much, but to avoid fall for that kind of scam for example there is a awake gem in cs with a price of 100m you have the care and decision, keep your gold in the stash or make sure of yourself and what you see whether you buy or not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes View Post
    Scam or not scam that strategy its up to you if you fall for that, your choice, if your rush to buy it so need to sacrifice if you like it so much, but to avoid fall for that kind of scam for example there is a awake gem in cs with a price of 100m you have the care and decision, keep your gold in the stash or make sure of yourself and what you see whether you buy or not.
    Username checks out XD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by umarrahim View Post
    Username checks out XD

About linday said thats right, i always buying an items to cs and and i always check the price, i sell my items cheaper than others to make it sold fast shout/cs but sometimes other player pm me nab (trashtalk) and asking why i sell it cheap because they make the items go up in high price.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal_Blood View Post
    I ALWAYS take advantage of the auction... hahahaha...do it do it do it... <3
    sounds like dmthrfkr 2.0

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

What is price manipulation then if not changing an item price beyond its worth .
    Fake cos are manipulation but setting an auto which is 2x or close with an intent to sell to a hapless victim and making bank is not manipulation ,it's wrong.
    What if a person buys an item with set auto for 100m to find it's worth 60m max.so dosent he feel scammed?
    Isn't that what you're trying to avoid.
    Either the developers have to make strict rules or no rules at all.This confusing wordplay is just screwing the game.
    There was a post from developers about manipulating being a banable offense yet noone knows what they can and can't.
    Doing such will make someone get banned without knowing a reason since this game is also hard on the ban hammer.
    Finally either give stricter rules and CLEAR instructions if u want to ban people.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xsilentninjax View Post
    sounds like dmthrfkr 2.0
    Sadly there’s already one guy in game that is following his path. Won’t tell his name but it begins with Imper…

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mythocrisis View Post
    What is price manipulation then if not changing an item price beyond its worth .
    Fake cos are manipulation but setting an auto which is 2x or close with an intent to sell to a hapless victim and making bank is not manipulation ,it's wrong.
    What if a person buys an item with set auto for 100m to find it's worth 60m max.so dosent he feel scammed?
    Either the developers have to make strict rules or no rules at all.This confusing wordplay is just screwing the game.
    There was a post from developers about manipulating being a banable offense yet noone knows what they can and can't.
    Doing such will make someone get banned without knowing a reason since this game is also hard on the ban hammer.
    Finally either give stricter rules and CLEAR instructions if u want to ban people.
    You pay for an item for what u feel it's worth...

Either u buy an item for the seller's auto, or you wait for someone else to sell for cheaper...

It depends on the desperation of the buyer tho, if can't wait pay auto...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

This works if it's around the price of 10m ,then u auto at 70m .( Which is a stretch)
    But about those lb vanities which last sold for 10m and u auto at 800m.
    Dont u think that's manipulation since the intent is to sell at around that.
    And if he pulls it off and the person feels cheated...isnt it a scam? Huge one at that.
    And I'm pretty sure this game bans scammers than any other game.
    Thats why I insist on them intervening to solve this issue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

This works if it's around the price of 10m ,then u auto at 70m .( Which is a stretch)
    But about those lb vanities which last sold for 10m and u auto at 800m.
    Dont u think that's manipulation since the intent is to sell at around that.
    And if he pulls it off and the person feels cheated...isnt it a scam? Huge one at that.
    And I'm pretty sure this game bans scammers than any other game.
    Thats why I insist on them intervening to solve this issue.
    Why would anyone buy at that price unless both parties agree on it.

No one's forcing u to buy at 800m, if the buyer buys then he agreed to it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Ncc man ... seems you can sell at any price ... let me also start your strategy soon ....

Pleae teach me ur techniques tho ...

-FA

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

Well that's manipulation .
    Don't tell me it had never happened .This kind of scams were common.
    And now since the rarity of them has increased its at its most rampant stage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

If I bought a 20m vanity and wants to sell it for 500m, is that manipulation? No. That's my right. I can always sell for the price I deemed fit.

It will only be manipulation if there's an intent to deceive and has involved a series of fake offers or transactions - making the other party believe that it was actually selling for a particular price.

But then again, if you buy a vanity for 500m that was selling for just 20m a week ago - that's called stupid (but still within your rights).

IGN - Ganja

22. The Following User Says Thank You to kersey For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Firstly, who dictates how much an item should be priced? Nada. It's really depending on how they see its worth (consider plat price if plat purchased, rarity, aesthetics, etc).

You must make some research (check forums, auction, ask around) first and see if the price of the item you were after is reasonable (subjective) enough for you.

To speak of something as "beyond its worth" is pretty subjective too and you always have a free hand to buy it at that price or not.

Free world. Free market.

IGN - Ganja