Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Arcane Legends, The Real Deal.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Default Arcane Legends, The Real Deal.

I see alot of threads and posts on forum stating things like, "The sorcerer class needs updates" or "Make more classes and genders" or "This is a plat based game", but everyone has to know the situation. So in this thread i will be telling people that are harassing, annoying and rushing the devs work. The Real Deal.

Ok basically this forum has been clogged up with LOADS exclaiming that the sorcerer class has had to many nerfs and should be more powerful other than being the support class. Basically when you first created a sorcerer did you expect it to be the most powerful, dangerous and tough class in the game, No, i think not. Since there is a rogue. I would expect an assassin to deal way more damage than a wizard. If people are still thinking 'They are terrible' you should know by know that devs are at this minute looking into the three different classes, buffing n nerfing just to rebalance the classes so i expect sorcerers will have more buffs for instance the shield change update previously.

Second of all, i do agree this is a plat based game and all but you have to step in somone elses shoe. For example devs wouldnt just be making a game for free and just living a normal life, becausd i can assure you they all have families to look after and put dinner on their family plates. So i suggest give them a chance.

Third of all i see alot of complaints about the drop system, people not getting drops they hope for and spending to much tine getting ordinary items but it is totally not devs fault since if they change the drop chances of each item, the economy will go haywire also if someone wants better drops other people will join in asking for better drops. Face reality.

Finally you must of not lived if you havent seen people asking why devs cNt make more classes but just think if they made new casses, they would have to make more weapons, more customizable features and more everything . Sane applys for genders.

I know i have made gramatical errors but hey ho.

Yours faithfully, crem.
    Last edited by Cremated; 05-05-2013 at 02:02 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cremated For This Useful Post:

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Well. I know some players who r guys haven't chosen rogues cuz they're female (like yours truly). The mage and the mage's description looked cool. 'master of the elements'. No contest.
    According to me. Mages are the strongest class until they pass the low lvls (have highest dmg). Second are warriors and then last of all rogues. But at endgame, Rogues are strongest, warriors second and mages third. A little buff to mages would be great...they aren't much of a support class. AT LEAST nerf the heal aggro.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Alhuntrazeck For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Name:  images (1).jpg
Views: 545
Size:  8.4 KB
    Name:  images.jpg
Views: 547
Size:  4.8 KB

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ShadowGunX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alhuntrazeck View Post
    Well. I know some players who r guys haven't chosen rogues cuz they're female
    Lol id rather play look at a girl than looking at a dude for hours idk why people are so insecure

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

Seriously crem? There is not hundreds of sorcerer threads. I agree that when I chose sorc I wasn't expecting the most powerful or strongest but I was expecting a middle of the classes like pl. Bear(warrio here) is tank, bird(rouge here) very high dmg but low armor, and mage(sorc here) is a middle balance of DMG and tank with the ms. This is not the case, rouges have op DMG with very high armor, and warrios are now 2-3x that, while sorc is becoming the very lowest of DMG and armor. You say wait and see in another thread for the sorc cap but one weapon is not going to fix the other problems we have. I'm seeing sorcs that barley even use heal cause they will get agro, they definitely can't PvP with what's happening etc. When is the last time you saw a whole pug party full of sorcs? When I join pugs I've had cases of 3 other warrios there or a mix of warrios and rouges about 90% of my runs
    the day the world died I didn't even say goodbye
    Ign: Pocket Legends: WickedKlownz, Cainnblecter, Corpsefarm, Arcane Legends: cainnblecter, traumatized

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    149 Posts

I thought all the "sorcerers are underpowered" threads were over. I guess not...
    Jcyee: 76 PL Bear | 41 AL Warrior | 36 DL Vampire

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

We know that okay? Lol.
    Hey, I'm a lone wolf. A wolf who wants to be friends with you :3

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Temarichan View Post
    We know that okay? Lol.
    Know what Tem? And stop wasting space on my threads >.<

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Ok so the rouge the highest damage dodge and crit to go with fairly impressive armor. Sorc gets meh damage no dodge armor that may as well be a paper bag and a heal skill that gets you killed. Yeah no need for an adjustment here
    Just my 2 plat

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Kraze For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xcainnblecterx View Post
    Seriously crem? There is not hundreds of sorcerer threads. I agree that when I chose sorc I wasn't expecting the most powerful or strongest but I was expecting a middle of the classes like pl. Bear(warrio here) is tank, bird(rouge here) very high dmg but low armor, and mage(sorc here) is a middle balance of DMG and tank with the ms. This is not the case, rouges have op DMG with very high armor, and warrios are now 2-3x that, while sorc is becoming the very lowest of DMG and armor. You say wait and see in another thread for the sorc cap but one weapon is not going to fix the other problems we have. I'm seeing sorcs that barley even use heal cause they will get agro, they definitely can't PvP with what's happening etc. When is the last time you saw a whole pug party full of sorcs? When I join pugs I've had cases of 3 other warrios there or a mix of warrios and rouges about 90% of my runs
    When did i say there was hundreds xD?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kraze View Post
    Ok so the rouge the highest damage dodge and crit to go with fairly impressive armor. Sorc gets meh damage no dodge armor that may as well be a paper bag and a heal skill that gets you killed. Yeah no need for an adjustment here
    They improved shield..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cremated View Post
    They improved shield..
    Not all mages use shield.........
    Iacito My guess: 2900

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

When did i say there was hundreds xD?
    Before you decided to edit it to loads.
    the day the world died I didn't even say goodbye
    Ign: Pocket Legends: WickedKlownz, Cainnblecter, Corpsefarm, Arcane Legends: cainnblecter, traumatized

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

They improved shield..
    There is no way to know how much or how little they improved shield because there is no specification as to how much damage it absorbs. Before it was 500, now its just a question mark. So it could be less for all I know. There is no way to tell how INT + STR affect it because you can't see how your stats increase/decrease the damage absorption. Also unlike armor, it only lasts for 15 seconds, with a 30 second cool down. So there is 15 seconds you are vulnerable. They need better armor for mages, I don't see how a rogue with a bow is any different then a mage. Yet rogues have armor as good as warriors. When I played a mage I didn't expect anything, but what I do expect is better armor then a girl wearing lingerie.

19.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #15
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    There is no way to know how much or how little they improved shield because there is no specification as to how much damage it absorbs. Before it was 500, now its just a question mark. So it could be less for all I know. There is no way to tell how INT + STR affect it because you can't see how your stats increase/decrease the damage absorption. Also unlike armor, it only lasts for 15 seconds, with a 30 second cool down. So there is 15 seconds you are vulnerable. They need better armor for mages, I don't see how a rogue with a bow is any different then a mage. Yet rogues have armor as good as warriors. When I played a mage I didn't expect anything, but what I do expect is better armor then a girl wearing lingerie.
    Everyone knows that lingerie armor is the most effective.

Anyway, here's the formula for the new shield absorption (without upgrade skills), I'll update the in game description to reflect it.

(((2*strength)+intelligence)*3)

This means if you're after survivability, which is why you're getting shield in the first place, investing a few more points in STR will drastically buff it.

And we're not done with the sorcerer yet, there are more updates coming but I don't want to rush out several changes at once.

20. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Swede For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

I would do a little dance if they gave sorcerer a resurrect skill. If the goal is to make the sorcerer a support class, that would be one change I know everyone in the game would be thrilled with. As it stands I never start a run and say, "hey, we need a Mage!". I do often say that we need a warrior or dps. Give us a reason to feel that sorcerers are a necessity in a run (resurrect).

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pandamoni For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Should the three classes not be essentially equal, although with slightly different skills? All three should have equal opportunity in pvp, treating one class as "support only" doesn't qualify as equal. I have all three, although I enjoy mage the most.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swede View Post
    Everyone knows that lingerie armor is the most effective.

Anyway, here's the formula for the new shield absorption (without upgrade skills), I'll update the in game description to reflect it.

(((2*strength)+intelligence)*3)

This means if you're after survivability, which is why you're getting shield in the first place, investing a few more points in STR will drastically buff it.

And we're not done with the sorcerer yet, there are more updates coming but I don't want to rush out several changes at once.
    Is that STR from only passive, or STR from gear as well? And thanks for the formula!

25.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #19
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JoKobe View Post
    Should the three classes not be essentially equal, although with slightly different skills? All three should have equal opportunity in pvp, treating one class as "support only" doesn't qualify as equal. I have all three, although I enjoy mage the most.
    Depends what you mean by equal. Should they all have a balanced role in PvE and PvP? Yes. Should they all be equally good at killing each other in a 1 versus 1? Probably not. Skill might close the gap but a Rogue will have the highest damage output in 1v1.

However, the Sorcerer is definitely not supposed to be a support class. They're the AOE damage king and supposed to have the most crowd control (in PvE). In PvP, the crowd control is nerfed (for all classes) because it's not fun to lose control of your character for extended periods of time, so the Sorcerer loses some of their power. However, in a 5v5 brawl, they should still be doing the most overall damage, since they can hit multiple targets so well. Unfortunately, their power curve is a bit low right now and they are in the process of being buffed, step by step.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Swede For This Useful Post:

27.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #20
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Teoijio View Post
    Is that STR from only passive, or STR from gear as well? And thanks for the formula!
    All STR and INT, after gear etc. So to get the final number, go to your Avatar page while fully geared, take that STR, double it, then add the fully geared INT. Take that number and triple it and that's how much the Arcane Shield can defend against before breaking.

Also, incoming damage is reduced before it's checked against this number.

For example, a Sorcerer that has 100 STR and 150 INT would have an Arcane Shield worth 1050 points of damage. He gets hit with a Aimed shot that does 1200 damage. Normally this would break the shield but because Arcane Shield lowers incoming damage, he only loses 840 of its shield and so he can take another 210 damage before the shield goes away.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Swede For This Useful Post: