Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Zodias Weapon Nerf Discussion

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    In the interest of transparency: I am posting to announce that the Zodias Mythic weapons will very likely be nerfed in the near future.
    For instance: the case has been made very clearly that proper use of the Neptaris sword makes it far better than its Arcane counterpart.

Zodias' power comes from a time when the activation methods were deemed too burdensome by the community. Now that players are in full command of these powers it is time to step back and rebalance.
    We all agree neptaris should be worse than the kraken sword. That being said, right now kraken sword is the warriors only source of damage in elite zodias maps (without ultimate). This makes it very hard for warriors to get into good parties for gold farming (especially since the elite zodias maps don’t need tanking to be done). A group of 2-4 mages/rogues with kraken items can easily clear these maps, especially since so much of the damage is reflection / % of health based). This lack of ability for wars to deal good damage, especially to elite zodias bosses, creates an environment where only mages/rogues get invited to good parties for gold farming. This creates a distinct disadvantage and lack of playability for the warrior class at this point. Currently, all we have (since krak sword damage isnt enough), is neptaris. Neptaris is very hard to use in order to make it “op”. You need damage elixirs, haste pets, hotbars for switching to proc nept, then armor, then nept again. All this while mages and rouges just charge attack and the health of all bosses in the game disappear. Lot of words but basically, I think a neptaris nerf is uncalled for unless it comes with a kraken sword boss damage buff. There are a lot of ways you can make the kraken sword relevant in endgame, maybe an idea like a “kraken set bonus” that is specific to each class. Maybe like warriors get 50% boss damage in zodias maps. Or maybe make the bonuses that come from ring/belt/arti more helpfully for warrior when it comes to killing bosses. Maybe give the krak sword 1 main lightning strikes that does way more damage than the other few, smaller lightning strikes. I like the idea of “charging the sword procs 1 large lightning strike that deals massive single target damage” and “basic uncharged sword swipes have a chance to proc something similar to the AoE smaller lightning chains.” A lot of typing but i hope you consider my ideas. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Taughtmage For This Useful Post: