Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 2023-01-24 Content Update (299242)

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #181
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes View Post
    But if sorc/rogue hit by fly die easily but warior is not
    I don't see your point with this (in the context of Infested / Hydra). Best times are Sorc times too.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

2.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #182
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oakmaiden View Post
    Same with the Bounty bow, it targets crates, mobs if they are near the boss. Even if you aim directly at them.
    That sounds like being out of sync and these crates and minions being closer to you than the boss.

The targeting angle for the Bow and Gun are 180 degrees directly in front of your character's facing.

I could extend this to 360 degrees (like the Sword) but it's not guaranteed to help a situation where you're not in sync.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    In the case of the Kraken Bow from what I see they're not missing; the shots are being dodged. This may sound like a distinction without a difference but: miniboss and boss monsters typically have a lot higher Dodge % than minions.

In an environment with a high ping, it's possible that the closer enemies are not visibly closer when you fire the weapon. I think this is a more rare problem (and would be pretty consistent 'cause your ping would be yellow or red most of the time anyway so you'd probably adjust to the feel over time).

Making the Bow and Gun impervious to Dodge % would be a buff :-)
    Dont think its about dodge, it simply seems to have smaller area of effect for splitshot and targets 4 targets while bounty targets 5 (if im not wrong), it might seem negligible but its very noticable when playing.
    Targeting - we r talking about when u r facing the boss but bow still fires backwards (idk is it cuz it prefers to target a group?), u could be standing still and facing the boss and it still happens so it doesnt seem to be about ping.
    Damage - i wouldnt mind if damage is slightly lowered (like 10-20%) in exchange for 12s cooldown because rogues who run rahab prefer to use daggers because in normal party these days u alrdy have plenty of damage and lower cooldown of the daggers fits better for the 4 stages that rahab has, similar with other bosses even without "stages" there is plenty of damage in full party.

Sent from my 2201116SG using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

That sounds like being out of sync and these crates and minions being closer to you than the boss.

The targeting angle for the Bow and Gun are 180 degrees directly in front of your character's facing.

I could extend this to 360 degrees (like the Sword) but it's not guaranteed to help a situation where you're not in sync.
    This the example of bow aiming proc, i charge to hit miniboss in front of my character and suddenly my character automatic turn around prefering to hit the farthest mobs.

5.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #185
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Staaarlord View Post
    Dont think its about dodge, it simply seems to have smaller area of effect for splitshot and targets 4 targets while bounty targets 5 (if im not wrong), it might seem negligible but its very noticable when playing.
    Targeting - we r talking about when u r facing the boss but bow still fires backwards (idk is it cuz it prefers to target a group?), u could be standing still and facing the boss and it still happens so it doesnt seem to be about ping.
    Damage - i wouldnt mind if damage is slightly lowered (like 10-20%) in exchange for 12s cooldown because rogues who run rahab prefer to use daggers because in normal party these days u alrdy have plenty of damage and lower cooldown of the daggers fits better for the 4 stages that rahab has, similar with other bosses even without "stages" there is plenty of damage in full party.

Well... it's about something! :-)

As for the damage nerf and cooldown buff - that's a reasonable tradeoff. I'll put it on my list of things to address.

This tradeoff is clearly the sort of thing that I should preroll in an announcement thread. If the Bow and Gun suddenly get a shorter cooldown but lower damage, even if the DPS, min, max all stay exactly the same, there will be an (entirely avoidable) ragecry tantrum.
    | | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

-1 bad idea, is good mage and roug dmg rn dont disturb

Enviado desde mi SM-J700M mediante Tapatalk

7.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #187
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by recilencia123 View Post
    -1 bad idea, is good mage and roug dmg rn dont disturb

I'll make an announcement before committing to the change.

But if you don't mind weighing in: if damage is reduced but cooldown is also reduced and you get the exact same amount of DPS, min, and max damage... that's unacceptable?

Thanks in advance.
    | | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

But if you don't mind weighing in: if damage is reduced but cooldown is also reduced and you get the exact same amount of DPS, min, and max damage... that's unacceptable?

Thanks in advance.
    Yes i mean, i need more dmg to kill boss faster if i have my proc quickly my proc from others like arti or armor still on cd so it's ok rn

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

-1 no to nerf bow and gun damage maybe buffs cd not like swords cd, maybe sorten to 14sec, 12 sec is too much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

-1 no to nerf bow and gun damage maybe buffs cd not like swords cd, maybe sorten to 14sec, 12 sec is too much.
    idk about u but i have full rogue kraken set (average dex%, not even jeweled yet), around 1700dex only, and even i can alrdy solo elite rahab with bow, it does take a bit more than 1 minute because of the cooldowns but 1 proc = half rahab's hp, i dont see why trading a lil dmg for lil cooldown is a bad idea

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

idk about u but i have full rogue kraken set (average dex%, not even jeweled yet), around 1700dex only, and even i can alrdy solo elite rahab with bow, it does take a bit more than 1 minute because of the cooldowns but 1 proc = half rahab's hp, i dont see why trading a lil dmg for lil cooldown is a bad idea

Kraken bow alone is not stronger than you think, it is only stronger if you proc bow+ armor, armor cd proc is very long i still wait for armor to proc the bow so its unreasonable to tradr the damage to cd.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Kraken bow alone is not stronger than you think, it is only stronger if you proc bow+ armor, armor cd proc is very long i still wait for armor to proc the bow so its unreasonable to tradr the damage to cd.
    One proc is half hp he said, crazy xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by recilencia123 View Post
    One proc is half hp he said, crazy xD

Yeah its unreasonable to trade the damage to shorten the cd of bow, he can kill elite rahab alone yes because of armor proc try to proc only kraken bow dont use armor its not strong.

14.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #194
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,159 Posts

Yeah its unreasonable to trade the damage to shorten the cd of bow, he can kill elite rahab alone yes because of armor proc try to proc only kraken bow dont use armor its not strong.
    I see - so your argument against balanced damage with a shorter cooldown is because you don't have the Kraken Battle Shell Armor.
    | | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

I see - so your argument against balanced damage with a shorter cooldown is because you don't have the Kraken Battle Shell Armor.
    I have but i still wait for armor cd to make the bow proc strong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Kraken bow is not stronger than he think. Thats is why i said kraken sword is already strong with the help of kraken armor, i dont know why is warior user over reacting about the sword is weak they say. I see warior killing zodias boss alone just try to proc both.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Thanks in advance.
    Can we get that in krak sword. Increase the cd back to 16s but increase the damage instead

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

I think this is the balance to all class shorten the kraken armor cs to 15 sec no need to buffs all kraken boss killer weapon.

19.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #199
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,159 Posts

+1 for this make all boss killer weapon 12sec cd after all this weapon miss sometimes
    Quote Originally Posted by will0 View Post
    ..make it all equals thats how this kraken sword / gun / bow works all the same mechanics.
    Could kraken bows and guns get the same love? 16s is so long cd
    Short answer to this is: Yes.

I'm game to make this adjustment without nerfing the Bow / Gun damage.

While I don't think it will be a salve for the bitter rivalry between Wars, Rogues and Sorcs it will be a boon to players that are cooperating.
    | | | |

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

@Cinco maybe we can watch you testing all kraken boss killer with the help of armor proc just like encryption did. Im not lying bow gun and sword is equal they dont need a buffs.