Quote Originally Posted by ilhanna View Post
It is crappy, true. But what with the extra upgrading slots, and when combined with arcane ring and planar pendant, the set can be made competitive against even the latest legendaries. Of course noone knew STS would go on and make better armor and helm available for everyone for free (you can AFK in cities, catch the nimbus of people sharing resources, and have a single gem crafted as your ticket to claim your mythic freebies). And to add insult to injury, the freebie set looks identical to Glintstone.

Judging by this turn of events I would say we can conclude two things:
1. Even STS thinks Glintstone is a failure. Except, they are shrewd enough to have reap the profit from it before declaring it obsolete by giving away Underhuls to all and sundry.
2. The very best, smartest and safest way to play an AL expansion is: i) make use of the instaleveling package; ii) play the end of season event to claim your freebies; iii) play expansion content for an hour or two just for the hype of it; iv) go inactive again till next expansion is on the horizon (oh, six to ten months down the line, won't be long, after all, just three maps, doncha know?)

Also, if you didn't craft Orcslaying and Glintstone, good for you, very lucky. But I can't understand why you need to bash people who did craft the sets and now have to pay for their misplaced trust on STS the hard and galling way? I mean, you lost nothing yourself.
What misplaced trust in STS are you talking about? You bloody well knew the stats of the set before you crafted it. I am not bashing anyone, I am just trying to hold a sensible discussion.
Based on your last paragraph, it clearly looks like you did this set just to parade in towns.