Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Preview - Forest Fury, "The Deadly Druid" Gauntlet Event!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,191 Posts

Yeah. I didn't like the results of having that 120 second solo thing so I'm not offering it this time. Sorry to continue to disappoint :-)
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Yeah. I didn't like the results of having that 120 second solo thing so I'm not offering it this time. Sorry to continue to disappoint :-)
    It's not about 120 sec, which could be lowered and set to whatever seems reasonable compared to team mode. Definitely last time solo and multi time frame were not competitive, solo HAD advantage at scoring.

Anyway I'm really not much interested, was just a thought.

3.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #3
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,191 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Waug View Post
    It's not about 120 sec... solo HAD advantage at scoring.
    The advantage came from the extended time period because you got a lot of bonus points for every second that remained on the wave clock ;-)
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

The advantage came from the extended time period because you got a lot of bonus points for every second that remained on the wave clock ;-)
    Ah sorry didn't clarify, I meant, lower time period for solo, that's what I meant yes but remaining seconds contribute less in scoring, extended time period help way more by making successful clearance the wave and entry to the higher wave which finally contribute to huge scoring.

For instance 90 sec for solo instead 120 sec, I just want to have both solo and multi competitive to each other not anyone having advantage to other format.
    Last edited by Waug; 08-27-2020 at 11:55 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

If this case how will tied scores be handled? If solo is out of the picture for leaderboard you are looking at two full parties getting top ten. Is it possible extend that gold Druid set to top 25 and give top ten a title?
    Last edited by Faq; 08-27-2020 at 12:14 PM.

6.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #6
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,191 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Faq View Post
    If this case how will tied scores be handled? If solo is out of the picture for leaderboard you are looking at two full parties getting top ten. Is it possible for 10 highest scores to get the top ten rewards? Or possible extend that gold Druid set to top 25 and give top ten a title?
    We treat ties as the same 'rank,' so if you are tied for 10th you're in the Top 10. This also means that if a hundred players have the exact same score, they are all tied for the same 'rank,' and get the same prizes... or at least that is how I believe it's always worked :-)
    | | | |