Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Acezero View Post
    Best op DoT is root even though many regard it as useless. Doing some tests today. My flames of insanity dealt 23 3 times which is 69(lol) damage. My root did 44 2 times which is 88 damage and my anguish did 53 once unless you count the initial hit. Now anguish worked like 2 out of 5 times.
    Another factor you can perma root since it lasts 6 seconds and its cd is 6. Flames of insanity deals its dot faster but cd is higher and the stun chance isnt 100%. Root is essential for a team op. For the hard hitting vulars perma root is insanely useful. Hope you ops invest a point in root because it makes you insanely valuable.
    Though most enemies die within a couple of shots, rendering DoT attacks generally useless in SL for the most part at the moment, you've made an interesting observation on the 6 sec. root and 6 sec CD (perpetual rooting for high HP enemies susceptible to root) - though this is probably only useful for the Vulars in Uncharted Ruins at the most part. I wouldn't really get rid of Flames of Insanity, as this skill does stun Guardian (and may stun other bosses in future campaigns) at a % chance, while root doesn't have much of an effect due to Guardian's long range of attack. Alternatively I use Lurch to knockback and stun the Vulars, but I can see how root would work as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    ... - though this is probably only useful for the Vulars in Uncharted Ruins at the most part...
    This is the only reason for root right now. Lurch and kiting are enough for me to stay away from them, which is why I have not taken it. Although maybe I should think about using it for my teammates who do not kite well...