Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Concerns Regarding Blocking

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

What level are you referring to? Blocking in end game is pretty rare, and if I'm blocked I instruct my team to leave.

If you stay and fight your enemies when blocked then you're sending the message to them that you're willing to fight a player down, and that you're okay with them blocking. Actions speak louder than words, so just have your team eject every time you're blocked.

Back in 26 we fought a guild that had alt accounts that they would use to block, and instead of fighting back we either blocked to have an even fight, or left. Eventually this guild stopped blocking because we always left.

Hope this helps, and shame on whatever guild is doing this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raw View Post
    What level are you referring to? Blocking in end game is pretty rare, and if I'm blocked I instruct my team to leave.

If you stay and fight your enemies when blocked then you're sending the message to them that you're willing to fight a player down, and that you're okay with them blocking. Actions speak louder than words, so just have your team eject every time you're blocked.

Back in 26 we fought a guild that had alt accounts that they would use to block, and instead of fighting back we either blocked to have an even fight, or left. Eventually this guild stopped blocking because we always left.

Hope this helps, and shame on whatever guild is doing this.
    Back when I used to PvP and when blocking first started, I'd face off 3v1. I'd stick around long enough to get into a situation where I killed all 3, then say, pffft, no fun fighting noobs and leave. They love it when you do that!

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    Back when I used to PvP and when blocking first started, I'd face off 3v1. I'd stick around long enough to get into a situation where I killed all 3, then say, pffft, no fun fighting noobs and leave. They love it when you do that!
    I do this in TDM all the time. I use trees or Trulle as my tank and just snipe and run away after they die =P.
    This is why I love TDM and why CTF is just silly...
    You rarely hear anyone complaining about TDM since it's being played as intended whereas CTF... ya that's a broken record XD

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to raw For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raw View Post
    I do this in TDM all the time. I use trees or Trulle as my tank and just snipe and run away after they die =P.
    This is why I love TDM and why CTF is just silly...
    You rarely hear anyone complaining about TDM since it's being played as intended whereas CTF... ya that's a broken record XD
    Using Truell and tree hugging is a terrific strategy. Hate all the clowns that say stop hiding noob, come out. Yeah, I'm the noob fighting 3v1....riiiiiiiiight.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

6. The Following User Says Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

clearly the guild u are referring to blocks stack tanks with breeze like anything just yesterday in tdm i was in a room with a guidlie who was a tank and on my opponent team was a fnf rouge so we killed her once and then i just told her to call a tank without breeze so she said k wait so i waited then the tank joined and again we were able to kill each of them for 2rounds then they just called 2tanks with breeze and i was like wtf i play fair and u....from now on no mercy to fnf just when i see them i kill and when they dont have numbers on their side they just leave gg.

siddhantsingh<turbo>(lvl41mage)
    lukepvp(retired)(lvl25tank)
    sidpvp<nvm>(lvl15mage)